Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012   #161
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countreekidd View Post
Jacoby suffers from an addiction to alcohol, and is also known to smoke weed...I suspected he was on something today, because not only was his coordination off, but also his judgment--or lack there of...Partied too hard or maybe he was feeling a lot of pressure and he tried to take that "edge" off?

I don't know, but I suspect that his substance abuse issues are what's keeping him from being a decent and consistent contributor. I too think it's time we go our separate ways.
heck of a first post, and not one anybody's going to believe. any reason we should even give this post a second thought?

i'm leaning towards a quick ban, but want to hear the response.
Old 01-15-2012   #162
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jacoby suffers from an addiction to alcohol, and is also known to smoke weed...I suspected he was on something today, because not only was his coordination off, but also his judgment--or lack there of...Partied too hard or maybe he was feeling a lot of pressure and he tried to take that "edge" off?

I don't know, but I suspect that his substance abuse issues are what's keeping him from being a decent and consistent contributor. I too think it's time we go our separate ways.
Know by whom? News to me and probably a good number of people here.

I'm not about starting rumors...he's just horrible and needs to be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #163
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Who has wished him ill? Most people just want him cut.
I think my sarcasm was taken out of context.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #164
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Me too. I can't believe we payed that fool and let our Pro Bowl FB go to the team that just knocked us out of the playoffs. That was an exceptionally bad decision.
FWIW Vonta and Rice did Nodda today .... while Foster was gashing them for chunks.

Old 01-15-2012   #165
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is this true? If so then he gets even less sympathy from me. I can tell he isn't bright but if you're that dumb and irresponsible that you'd risk blowing a golden opportunity to make a great living playing a sport then I really want him gone.
Old 01-15-2012   #166
sluggo832004
Rookie

Default Dont blame jacoby jones. Blame the person who actually resigned him.

It was only a matter of time before Jacoby jones pulled this bonehead play.

We all know jacoby is a mistake waiting to happen.

But the powers that be thought he was a great compliment to AJ.

This is what happens when you resign guys who are proven to be average and knuckleheads. Dont get mad at Jacoby.

Get mad at the guy who gave him a contract.
sluggo832004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #167
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dont blame jacoby jones. Blame the person who actually resigned him.

Old 01-15-2012   #168
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

No its not true. JJ has had no problems like that while he has played for the Texans.

I may not like JJ right now, but Libel like this is wrong and hurtful to a persons character
Old 01-15-2012   #169
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dont blame jacoby jones. Blame the person who actually resigned him.

The guy who gave Jacoby a contract also gave a hell of a lot of great players contracts.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #170
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

It angers me when I think of the contract we signed Jacoby to could have been better spent keeping Vonta Leach.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #171
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
It angers me when I think of the contract we signed Jacoby to could have been better spent keeping Vonta Leach.
Because the run game suffered so badly and we were awash with good, explosive wide outs?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #172
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
No its not true. JJ has had no problems like that while he has played for the Texans.

I may not like JJ right now, but Libel like this is wrong and hurtful to a persons character
didnt think so. jacoby has maturity issues, not substance.

BAN HIM!
Old 01-15-2012   #173
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo832004 View Post
It was only a matter of time before Jacoby jones pulled this bonehead play.

We all know jacoby is a mistake waiting to happen.

But the powers that be thought he was a great compliment to AJ.

This is what happens when you resign guys who are proven to be average and knuckleheads. Dont get mad at Jacoby.

Get mad at the guy who gave him a contract.
The day we signed Jacoby, I wanted to go run through traffic. I just couldn't believe we still wanted to continue this experiment. He makes enough plays through the year that he'll sometimes make you think he's getting it, but at the end of the day a knucklehead will be a knucklehead. He is what he is. Let's end this and let Maehl and Lestar Jean take over. I'm pretty sure they'll bring more to the table.

I'm also all for bringing Walter back, but he needs to take a big time pay cut. His salary is ridiculous for the production he's given us the past couple of years. I like him, but just not for the money he's getting.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #174
Countreekidd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
heck of a first post, and not one anybody's going to believe. any reason we should even give this post a second thought?

edit: erased this response
Countreekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #175
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones has got to go he did nothing but screw up the entire game this fool was dropping punts galore and he really all but gave away all momentum in the entire first half and he did nothing in the passing game. Kevin Walters is stealing money too he dropped one pass in the chest that killed a drive in the first half, these two guys need to be dropped and it's time for some new wide outs to go with andre it's just time to move on period no excuses.
Old 01-15-2012   #176
Countreekidd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

Quote:

Do I know for a fact that it's true? no
Old 01-15-2012   #177
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw Dilfer on ESPN say "Jacoby Jones, one of the great returners in this league, but..."

LOLWUT?

Credibility = 0
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #178
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

He was arrested while falling asleep behind the wheel drunk at a red light over in the Montrose area in 2008..

Quote:
Do I know for a fact that it's true? no

Dont state opinion as fact .... Back it up with a link or .... STFU.

Old 01-15-2012   #179
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The guy making $5m per isnt making stupid mistakes , doesnt drop many and seldom puts the ball on the turf. Im keeping him and looking for a guy who pushes him to the #3WR spot.
eh... Jacoby has had some good games as a return man. His production matches that of the $5M guy.... I think it's a wash.

If the guy we get in the offseason doesn't have the speed to stretch the field, Jacoby stays... he may be #4 on the depth chart & Walter 3rd.

I don't mind getting rid of both of them.... I was hoping Mason was going to do something & shake up our depth chart.... didn't happen.
Old 01-15-2012   #180
Countreekidd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He was arrested while falling asleep behind the wheel drunk at a red light over in the Montrose area in the offseason year before last..

Dont state opinion as fact .... Back it up with a link or .... STFU.
despite the "stfu", I can see that this has people rather upset, so I erased my comment

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read