Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012   #121
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
All of this piling on Jacoby ain't right.

Did he flub it? Yes.

Should we part ways? Yes.

But I promise you the kid is beside himself with shame and already beating the heck out of himself. I wouldn't wish the offseason he will have on anyone.

It's easy to pile on, run with the mob --- try takng the high road.

I wish him well with his next team.
Well, yeah, ok, I'm sure he's feeling bad right now.

So?

He has had waaaaaaaay too many chances, and has been paid waaaaaay too much money.

Sorry, but, dropping a ball in the playoffs is unacceptable. Period.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #122
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

below average wr
bricks for hands
dough for brains
elite speed

buh bye
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #123
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

am i the only one who does not see jj's speed?

people say he's fast but he does not look that fast on tv to me. he get's run down almost every time he tries to run sideways.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #124
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Well, yeah, ok, I'm sure he's feeling bad right now.

So?

He has had waaaaaaaay too many chances, and has been paid waaaaaay too much money.

Not to mention, its not like he is on this site

he should be
Old 01-15-2012   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I understand it is only natural to focus on mistakes. But:

Jacoby Jones: 31 catches, 512 yards 16.5 ypc 2 TDs
Kevin Walter: 39 catches, 474 yards 12.2 ypc 3 TDs

one guy is getting $3Million a year, the other guy is getting $5M or so.

I'd keep the cheap guy, & replace the more expensive guy with someone who can produce like a $5M player.
Old 01-15-2012   #126
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

shhhh...... Arian fumbled one to..... only difference is that Jacoby covered Arian's fumble & no one was any where close to being able to cover Jacoby's
Old 01-15-2012   #127
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I'd keep the cheap guy, & replace the more expensive guy with someone who can produce like a $5M player.
Cut them both, use the money to sign D Bowe or R Wayne and draft one in rd 1.
Old 01-15-2012   #128
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to baste Jacoby Jones in BBQ sauce and send him to an island full of cannibals .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #129
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
below average wr
bricks for hands
dough for brains
elite speed

buh bye
Problem is, Gary likes him.

Now that Gary has hit the playoffs, he's likely to give Jacoby a massive raise.

Kubiak doesn't care that Jacoby is not that good.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #130
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Problem is, Gary likes him.

Now that Gary has hit the playoffs, he's likely to give Jacoby a massive raise.

Kubiak doesn't care that Jacoby is not that good.
You dont know your ass from a hole in the ground ......

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 01-15-2012   #131
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If this were an uncommon occurrence, I'd agree with you. I've been banging the "Fire Jacoby Jones" drum for a long time, though. He sucks as a WR and he isn't even a good punt returner. Take a look at his punt return stats from this year - plenty of tries, bad average. When you pair up poor performance with game changing mistakes .... well, the mob is justified.
This. I would be mad if he had a bad game. It isn't just this game. This season he is to the team what KJ was last year, except this year the goat label mattered a lot more.

True that the loss is not 100% on him. But he was conspicuously consistent as the face of the loss for 4 quarters and usually those moments were him standing alone.

Furthermore, fair or not, he needs to go because Texans fans will never forget what happened. Some will hate him. Personally I just don't want to have to cover my eyes every time we're about to receive a punt and at this point that is pretty much what it's come to.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #132
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Cut them both, use the money to sign D Bowe or R Wayne and draft one in rd 1.
^^^^
This

Or rd 3/5
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #133
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'd like to baste Jacoby Jones in BBQ sauce and send him to an island full of cannibals .....
Me too

Nice to meet you Rob.

Had a great time.

Lets do it again next yr.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #134
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
shhhh...... Arian fumbled one to..... only difference is that Jacoby covered Arian's fumble & no one was any where close to being able to cover Jacoby's
Not the only difference....Jacoby should have never tried to field that punt. That's it, my only negative post of the day.
Old 01-15-2012   #135
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
How bout just some honey glaze with generous sprinkling of bees.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #136
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I hate Jones so much.
Old 01-15-2012   #137
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post

people say he's fast but he does not look that fast on tv to me. he get's run down almost every time he tries to run sideways.

Most people do when they lose track of direction.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #138
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTexanFan View Post
Exactly what I screamed at the TV.
EXACTLY what I screamed at the TV. "What a dumb***!"

And then was berated by my spouse for cursing within earshot of the kiddos. Not my proudest moment.

Jacoby must go. He may not have lost the game, but that one play, so early on, definitely killed our momo. I am just done with this guy. Have been for some time.

JEAN is on IR, right? There is free agency. There is the draft.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #139
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

The guy making $5m per isnt making stupid mistakes , doesnt drop many and seldom puts the ball on the turf. Im keeping him and looking for a guy who pushes him to the #3WR spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post

He has amazing straight line speed .... Its the acceleration and lateral quickness thats lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Me too

Nice to meet you Rob.

Had a great time.

Lets do it again next yr.

Despite the outcome I had a good time .... Great season all things considered. We'll damn sure do it again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
How bout just some honey glaze with generous sprinkling of bees.
The bee's might keep the cannibals away .... Jacoby getting eaten by cannibals ensures he's not able to screw us again.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 01-15-2012   #140
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
I hate Jones so much.
Maybe it's all the beer that I've drank, but I don't hate him. Or maybe it's the way I was raised. Either way, cut his ass now!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read