Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012   #101
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Old 01-15-2012   #102
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #103
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Me too. I can't believe we payed that fool and let our Pro Bowl FB go to the team that just knocked us out of the playoffs. That was an exceptionally bad decision.
Well i will not go that far, sure we shouldn't have paid him, but I am ok with not signing Leach still, he did not beat us today, hell we shut the run game DOWN, and Arian is great without him, but we could have used the money on a wideout somehow....a different one
Old 01-15-2012   #104
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

F that guy!! Seriously...
We should all negative rep you for making us relive that ugly moment.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #105
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Jacoby Jones

1st punt:
Turnover inside our red zone near the goal line

2nd punt:
Muffed

3rd punt:
Fumbles, but fortunately, out of bounds

4th punt:
Loses 5 yards

That brings me to the next question............In the last minutes of the game, when the game was on the line, why was HE still put back there to return this last critical punt? In his career, Manning has returned punts as well as kicks..........and don't tell me, under this critical circumstance, they were worried that they would wear Manning out.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #106
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 117612 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless this dumbanimal pulls me out oh a burning building I'll never forgive his saorry a$$. And if he did pull me out he'd probably drop me down a flight of stairs. Go away forever you effing bum.
Old 01-15-2012   #107
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to give a shout out to Jacoby with this song. Here's lookin at you bud.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012   #108
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

osmosis jones > jacoby jones
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #109
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm thinking Jerome Simpson in Free Agency and Dwight Jones in the Draft
Old 01-15-2012   #110
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

All of this piling on Jacoby ain't right.

Did he flub it? Yes.

Should we part ways? Yes.

But I promise you the kid is beside himself with shame and already beating the heck out of himself. I wouldn't wish the offseason he will have on anyone.

It's easy to pile on, run with the mob --- try takng the high road.

I wish him well with his next team.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #111
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Did he flub it? Yes.

But I promise you the kid is beside himself with shame and already beating the heck out of himself. I wouldn't wish the offseason he will have on anyone.

If this were an uncommon occurrence, I'd agree with you. I've been banging the "Fire Jacoby Jones" drum for a long time, though. He sucks as a WR and he isn't even a good punt returner. Take a look at his punt return stats from this year - plenty of tries, bad average. When you pair up poor performance with game changing mistakes .... well, the mob is justified.
Old 01-15-2012   #112
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby's muffed punt isn't the only reason he should be sent packing...and it's not even the BEST reason that he should be sent packing. The guy makes TERRIBLE DECISIONS as a return man. His first step on PR is almost always a side move...which then leads to a neg yardage move. He fielded the ball on the 26 yd line today and got tackled on the 20...and that was just ONE PLAY. He sucks, plain and simple. And one or two occasional "big plays" isn't even close to a good enough reason to keep him around.

Sorry if I'm piling on to Mr. Jacoby "SKILLET HANDS" Jones...but it is what it is. So, in short...

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #113
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Did he flub it? Yes.

As long as his next time ain't the Titans, Colts, or Jag I wish him well. Seems like a cool dude but still we should part ways with him and I doubt he'll make the team any ways.

Andre
Walter
Draft pick
Lestar Jean
Jacoby

He's going to be fighting for a 4th/5th spot as a wr possibly against Jean who looked really good in preseason.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #114
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default After JJ

Why didn't Gary let Manning KR/PR.

I understand thar Gary didn't want to Manning to get hurt.

But it's the playoffs. With the way Jacoby was sucking Manning should've been the KR/PR.

Hopefully we've seen the last of Jacoby Jones.

Good riddance

BTW, I'm so proud of the Texans. Thanks for giving your all.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #115
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Jacoby Jones you are the Weakest Link! Goodbye.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #116
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

anceZierlein Lance Zierlein
Even before this game, I would have been surprised to see Jacoby back. Only 1 yr guaranteed on his 3 yr deal
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #117
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Our wide recievers in a nutshell-

Andre Johnson - Elite
Kevin Walter - Above average
Jacoby Jones - Average

Do we even have anyone past that? A 4th wide receiver that is? Not counting all of our tight ends.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about Bryant Johnson! Who is a little below average. We need someone like Julio Jones in this upcoming draft or to sign in free agency.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #118
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Did he flub it? Yes.

Ian Howfield.

Jacoby almost entered Ian Howfield territory, except for one guy making a flub at the beginning of the game and one guy making a flub at the end of the game. Otherwise, and unfortunately so, the two guys are sharing in Houston Pro Football legacy/lore that is what it is.

It's a strange feeling to think that this team could overcome so much adversity and play above their heads for practically the whole season, how we could have legitimate chances to get to a SB, and Jacoby Jones committed such a heinous error considering where he was, who was facing him, and how little chance he would have to make any sort of positive yards out of it HAD HE HELD ONTO IT.

He's been flirting with that little last-second pickup of the ball the past few games. It bit him, and us, in the ass today. Despite Yates interceptions, we could have won this game with better special teams play. Period.

And I think this is why there's a thread about Special Teams and Joe Marciano. But Kubiak is loyal, and he won't shake it up unless told to by Bob via Rick Smith.
Old 01-15-2012   #119
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Did he flub it? Yes.

There's just something therapeutic about expressing all your anger/rage at the guy everyone feels cost us the game. Right or wrong it just feels good. The Texans should put Jacoby on suicide watch. I'd hate to be him right now as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #120
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 39796 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
Our wide recievers in a nutshell-

Andre Johnson - Elite
Kevin Walter - Above average
Jacoby Jones - Average

Do we even have anyone past that? A 4th wide receiver that is? Not counting all of our tight ends.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about Bryant Johnson! Who is a little below average. We need someone like Julio Jones in this upcoming draft or to sign in free agency.
You're being generous by giving Jacoby average status.

**** him.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read