Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012   #321
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'd trade JJ to the Lions for the rights to Barry Sanders. At least that way we could get something cool for him.
I would trade JJ for used toilet paper, but that's redundant. A used snot rag. that's redundant again. A preserved hemorroid. DAMN THE REDUNDANCIES!!!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #322
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If his max potential is just a 3rd string WR, then he needs to go... to me that should be a spot held for a young player who has upside and has the potential to grow into something greater.. 3 years ago that might've described Jacoby Jones, but now it doesn't. It's time to draft another "project" who can be put in that spot and possibly work his way up and that doesn't even factor into the first round pick we should spend on the position to step in as a starter day 1 on the other side of Andre Johnson.
Great argument. I'm good with this. Makes perfect sense.... no argument from me what-so-ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I would trade JJ for used toilet paper, but that's redundant. A used snot rag. that's redundant again. A preserved hemorroid. DAMN THE REDUNDANCIES!!!!!!
This is the kind of stuff I don't understand.
Old 01-16-2012   #323
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'd trade him for Gafney in a heartbeat ... haha
I'd trade this dope for a cd of don Johnson's 'heartbeat'. Jacoby jones is simply too dumb to play and the more and more I think of it it disturbs the schit out me that this dolt was allowed to stay out there. 6 returns four yards two fumbles. I don't feel good about calling him names but I'm not going to coddle and sooth his pain like his momma or other people would.
Old 01-16-2012   #324
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, so who would rather have David Anderson now instead of Jacoby? Be honest.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #325
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
OK, so who would rather have David Anderson now instead of Jacoby? Be honest.
I'd rather have a three legged blind dog fielding the punts than Jacoby. But I'd take David Anderson.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #326
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Dude cost us against Oakland too. Bastard.
Vickers cost us that one .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #327
Vinnie
with an I E

Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, it was a topic of some controversy earlier in the season. The consensus was keep Jacoby, DA ain't ****. I think it's worth looking back on. DA wasn't a slouch on special teams and wasn't afraid to take a hit over the middle. Did we get that much out of Jacoby this season? Hind sight being 20/20 and all.
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #328
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

David Anderson really isn't that great, but if I had to have one of the two on my team, it would be Anderson over Jacoby. You can actually get some use out of David Anderson, even if it's nothing more than keeping Schaub entertained with his antics.

Old 01-16-2012   #329
Vinnie
with an I E

Yeah, he's not great. He might not even be good, but he's a better football player than Jacoby.
Old 01-16-2012   #330
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
David Anderson really isn't that great, but if I had to have one of the two on my team, it would be Anderson over Jacoby. You can actually get some use out of David Anderson, even if it's nothing more than keeping Schaub entertained with his antics.
A happy Schaub is a healthy Schaub. It's no coincidence that when DA is gone Schaub gets injured...
Old 01-17-2012   #331
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Sorry he's simply going in the wrong direction time to go:

Year Teams G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2011 Houston Texans 16 10 31 512 16.5 80T 2 4 17 4.3 15 0 -- --
2010 Houston Texans 15 7 51 562 11.0 47 3 2 7 3.5 10 0 1 0
2009 Houston Texans 14 1 27 437 16.2 45 6 3 22 7.3 17 0 2 0

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #332
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 9943 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that Jacoby has used up all his goodwill in Houston and needs to find a ride out of town, though truth be told, he is not terrible. He is simply not a legitimate number 2 and at times even questionable as a number 3. For a WR he also seems to have pretty clumsy hands. On the plus side, he is not nearly as much money as everyone thinks he does for the remainder of his contract. I would actually like to see the Texans give him a try at CB and have him duke it out with the other proverbial scapegoat Kareem Jackson. His combine results are a bit slower than a typical NFL CB, but his size and power may be able to cause mismatches.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #333
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
I agree that Jacoby has used up all his goodwill in Houston and needs to find a ride out of town, though truth be told, he is not terrible. He is simply not a legitimate number 2 and at times even questionable as a number 3. For a WR he also seems to have pretty clumsy hands. On the plus side, he is not nearly as much money as everyone thinks he does for the remainder of his contract. I would actually like to see the Texans give him a try at CB and have him duke it out with the other proverbial scapegoat Kareem Jackson. His combine results are a bit slower than a typical NFL CB, but his size and power may be able to cause mismatches.
Jacoby is a poor route runner. I can't imagine he'd do well covering while backpeddaling. Also, being very physical is a key component of playing defense. Then factor in his "hesitation" moves. I can't imagine it going well at all!
Old 01-17-2012   #334
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby will be a texan next year. That's what I believe.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #335
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Jacoby will be a texan next year. That's what I believe.
Of course he will. They can cut him from the team, but they can't kick him out of the state.

Oh wait, you meant...

Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #336
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 9943 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Jacoby is a poor route runner. I can't imagine he'd do well covering while backpeddaling. Also, being very physical is a key component of playing defense. Then factor in his "hesitation" moves. I can't imagine it going well at all!
Jacoby seems to play fairly instinctively and it could help a lot in allowing him to shadow his target better and being a CB minimizes the damage of otherwise dropping the ball (unless batted into the hands of a WR of course). I have seen Jacoby make some physical plays and while he could be more aggressive in going for the catch, I do not believe he is soft. Dumb and clumsy might be a better description. One thing I am fairly certain of is that the FO will most likely be drafting a WR this year in the first round and honestly, I have a sick feeling in my stomach that JJones will NOT be cut, meaning he has to go somewhere on the roster and clearly, PR is not the position for him.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #337
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
A happy Schaub is a healthy Schaub. It's no coincidence that when DA is gone Schaub gets injured...
C'mon now... you can't really believe that all of David Anderson would have kept Albert Haynesworth away.
Old 01-17-2012   #338
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
C'mon now... you can't really believe that all of David Anderson would have kept Albert Haynesworth away.
Joker was making a joke.

Old 01-17-2012   #339
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

From now on, whenever any Texan player muffs a punt, we will all say "He Jacobied it."

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #340
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby didn't cost us that game; TJ did. Be mad all you want, but it happened five minutes into a 3-point game. TJ threw two picks in the LAST five minutes of a 7-point game.

That being said, I still think you find a way to get Reggie Wayne here, then trade Jacoby, Leinart, and whatever draft picks it takes to move up to get Justin Blackmon.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read