Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012   #301
kingh99

Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

And for the people who say he manned up talking to the media. Bullsh%t!!!!!
Pujols manned up when he smoldered and told the media to piss off. He didn't want to say jack and went out and set some sort of home run or RBI record in the next game, capped off by winning it all. Talk is cheap. Being smart enough to know when nothing you can say will make it better and therefore stay quiet is a stronger play.
Old 01-16-2012   #302
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Japhoney Jones getting Death Threats??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Go back and watch those games CB. He played like a another Joe Flacco type in waiting. NO way in hell I want him as a starter here ever. We were stuck with him, because we had nobody else and he'd be a good back up, but he'll most likely be a career back up in this league or a stop gap player for some team that is rebuilding and looking for their franchise QB. If Yates ever becomes our full time starter, we'll struggle for a few years until we find out that he's just average at best.
Yates progressed more in less than 10 games than David Carr did in 5 seasons. I'm not thrilled with how Yates played Sunday, but I'm not going to crucify him then kick him to the curb. The kid has talent and moxie. He made mistakes, but at least they were aggressive mistakes and not the "stop drop and roll" or run out of bounds behind the LOS mistakes Carr made. Aggressive mistakes are much more forgivable than timid ones in the NFL.
Old 01-16-2012   #303
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
And who left him in the game? My point is cut him and call it a day. It is OVER.
Agreed. Headquarters.
Old 01-16-2012   #304
kingh99

What's really bad is he's totally sh%t the bed trade value wise. Other teams know the Texans can't keep him due to the fans booing him during games or worse, so they'll offer zip. He'll be quietly cut. Talk about screwing over a team multiple times. Just saying.

Sidenote: Didn't Stagger Lee happen in the early part of the playoff game with the Broncos (Oilers)? What is with this city and moronic gameplay from it's team early in important games? I can't think of another city that has suffered through so much football garbage. I guess Dallas with Romo Capades during crunch time comes close. Screwing up an extra point take a special kind of choke job.
Old 01-16-2012   #305
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Yates progressed more in less than 10 games than David Carr did in 5 seasons. I'm not thrilled with how Yates played Sunday, but I'm not going to crucify him then kick him to the curb. The kid has talent and moxie. He made mistakes, but at least they were aggressive mistakes and not the "stop drop and roll" or run out of bounds behind the LOS mistakes Carr made. Aggressive mistakes are much more forgivable than timid ones in the NFL.
I never thought about that, but it's true. I'd like to see how far he has come after a couple of years of learning under Kubiak and Schaub.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #306
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If your comparison to make him look good is so desperate that you've got to compare him to David Carr, than it's no wonder I'm writing this stuff. That has got to be the most laughable explanation of why he was good anyone could have written Docbar.

He has "moxie" my ass.

You just made my case for me by having to reach to David Carr to try and spin this kid as something that he isn't. If Yates was on the Titans you guys would laugh at his ass.

Losing after so many years really has dropped the standards of a lot of Texans fans. Why on earth would you use David Carr as some sort of measuring stick to compare other QB's to?? That's pathetic.

We won games in spite of Yates. Not because of him.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #307
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't. I bet he'll make it longer in the NFL than most of us think....... sorta like Jabar Gafney(sp).

I've got a Jacoby jersey & hope I'll be able to wear it next season. He's fun to watch & he definitely brings something to this team not many others do.

Arian Foster still loves the man, calls him his brother, loves to play with him....

I hope he stays.
Jacoby can't even claim the spot his head coach has been grooming him for and trying to hand him for years.

Also what does he really bring this team? 500 yards and 2 TDs when your all pro receiver misses the majority of the season is nothing to write home about. There's rookie receivers that come into this league every season that blow that level of production out of the water and Jacoby is about to be a 6 year vet. This has nothing to do with "potential' anymore. Jacoby is what he is and this is what he most likely will always be...this is likely his max ceiling and that's just not good enough to hold that spot on the roster.

Gaffney was a highly productive player at a D1 school within a great conference. He was a much more polished receiver coming into the league. His lack or production had more to do with being stuck with a QB who couldn't progress through his reads and automatically checked the ball down to his RB as soon as he finished looking A.J.'s way.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-16-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #308
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't. I bet he'll make it longer in the NFL than most of us think....... sorta like Jabar Gafney(sp).

I've got a Jacoby jersey & hope I'll be able to wear it next season. He's fun to watch & he definitely brings something to this team not many others do.

Arian Foster still loves the man, calls him his brother, loves to play with him....

I hope he stays.
I'd trade him for Gafney in a heartbeat ... haha

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #309
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If your comparison to make him look good is so desperate that you've got to compare him to David Carr, than it's no wonder I'm writing this stuff. That has got to be the most laughable explanation of why he was good anyone could have written Docbar.

He has "moxie" my ass.

You just made my case for me by having to reach to David Carr to try and spin this kid as something that he isn't. If Yates was on the Titans you guys would laugh at his ass.

Losing after so many years really has dropped the standards of a lot of Texans fans. Why on earth would you use David Carr as some sort of measuring stick to compare other QB's to?? That's pathetic.

We won games in spite of Yates. Not because of him.
How many teams really win games, because of their young rookie QBs? There are cases, but it's the exception and not the rule.

The truth is that NOBODY knows what kind of player Yates is going to be in the future good or bad? It's simply too early to tell and anybody who claims they know for a fact about what type of player he'll be in 3 years is simply blowing hot air.

Will Yates be the future here.......who knows, too early to tell.

Will Yates be a future starter for another team....who knows, too early to tell.

Will Yates be a complete failure in this league and remain a clipboard holder....who knows, too early to tell.

I do know he has outplayed 1st rounders this season and I also know the stage didn't look to big for him considering the circumstances that he was thrust into. As a 5th round pick I'm glad we picked him, because that's excellent value even if he never progressing past being our backup QB and I'm willing to kick the tires on him some more and see what we have. I'll just do it in practice/preseason/mop up duty in blowouts and hope Schaub is healthy and stays healthy next season.
Old 01-16-2012   #310
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd trade JJ to the Lions for the rights to Barry Sanders. At least that way we could get something cool for him.
Old 01-16-2012   #311
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
How many teams really win games, because of their young rookie QBs? There are cases, but it's the exception and not the rule.

The truth is that NOBODY knows what kind of player Yates is going to be in the future good or bad? It's simply too early to tell and anybody who claims they know for a fact about what type of player he'll be in 3 years is simply blowing hot air.

Will Yates be the future here.......who knows, too early to tell

Will Yates be a complete failure in this league and remain a clipboard holder....who knows, too early to tell.

I do know he has outplayed 1st rounders this season and I also know the stage didn't look to big for him considering the circumstances that he was thrust into. As a 5th round pick I'm glad we picked him and I'm willing to kick the tires on him some more and see what we have. I'll just do it in practice/preseason/mop up duty in blowouts and hope Schaub is healthy and stays healthy next season.
He was a game manager that we were forced to play with and fans wanted him to do well so badly that now way to many folks are planning on him being our next starter after Schaub. Schaub going down and getting hurt just might have been one of the worst things to happen to this franchise if that keeps people high on Yates to where he sticks around long term to supplant Schaub.

I saw enough of him to know that I don't want him here as a starter. He wasn't great at extending plays. Rookies can do that. That's an intangible that you either have or you don't. He didn't have that. His arm wasn't overly impressive either.

When I watched Big Ben his rookie season he was a game manager as well. He didn't hardly do anything offensively, but you could always see something special in him on certain plays where he could extend plays and look amazing at times. You could see a high ceiling in his future. You could with Aaron Rogers immediately the minute he played in that Cowboys game when Favre got hurt. Yates just has average written all over him.
Old 01-16-2012   #312
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jacoby can't even claim the spot his head coach has been grooming him for and trying to hand him for years.

Also what does he really bring this team? 500 yards and 2 TDs when your all pro receiver missing the majority of the season is nothing to right home about. There's rookie receivers that come into this league every season that blow that level of production out of the water and Jacoby is about to be a 6 year vet. This has nothing to do with "potential' anymore. Jacoby is what he is and this is what he most likely will always be...this is likely his max ceiling and that's just not good enough to hold that spot on the roster.

Gaffney was a highly productive player at a D1 school within a great conference. He was a much more polished receiver coming into the league. His lack or production had more to do with being stuck with a QB who couldn't progress through his reads and automatically checked the ball down to his RB as soon as he finished looking A.J.'s way.
Leave it up to TK to be the only person that claims to root for this team to want Jacoby Jones still on this team. Lol! What a shocker there.
Old 01-16-2012   #313
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Also what does he really bring this team? 500 yards and 2 TDs when your all pro receiver missing the majority of the season is nothing to right home about. There's rookie receivers that come into this league every season that blow that level of production out of the water and Jacoby is about to be a 6 year vet. This has nothing to do with "potential' anymore. Jacoby is what he is and this is what he most likely will always be...this is likely his max ceiling and that's just not good enough to hold that spot on the roster.

Wow I looked at his stats on ESPiN 31 catches In 18 games..shut out in the post season

I shook my head. I didn't even factor in AJ was out for most of that and it was jacoby's time to shine? Less than 2 catches a game

I don't hate him as a person, but he is what he is and all he is going to be by now. Nothing more can be done. Working with a really good offense and gets to learn from one of the best WR in the game. Time to look fora replacement (well, it is over due). We have to find someone.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #314
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'd trade JJ to the Lions for the rights to Barry Sanders. At least that way we could get something cool for him.
You're all wrong. I would trade him for James Brooks (San Diego / Nati)... Dude was versatile as hell. He could run the ball, catch the ball out of the backfield and oh yeah, a good pretty return guy...

You need to check yourself!!!
Old 01-16-2012   #315
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
True, but at the time, he was cussed as much as Jacoby was.

I'm not going to try to defend Jacoby, I'm too exhausted with all the Kareem discussions.

He's not a #2, we agree there. We're not paying him like a #2.
Old 01-16-2012   #316
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude cost us against Oakland too. Bastard.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #317
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hope he stays.
Then again, Jabar Gaffney came with a little pedigree. Florida IIRC. Jones from Lane College? Not so much.
Old 01-16-2012   #318
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

It's kinda funny to see people that are message board members try to pretend they're "the smartest guy in the room"!! Hell, if some of y'all were that good, or that smart, why are y'all not running an NFL, UFL, Canadian or an AFL team???

at some of y'all!!!

Old 01-16-2012   #319
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It's kinda funny to see people that are message board members try to pretend they're "the smartest guy in the room"!! Hell, if some of y'all were that good, or that smart, why are y'all not running an NFL, UFL, Canadian or an AFL team???

at some of y'all!!!

I wish I had a job with the team. I've applied as an Administrative Assistant but didn't get the position. I'd do anything to have a job with the team and move out to Houston.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #320
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Then again, Jabar Gaffney came with a little pedigree. Florida IIRC. Jones from Lane College? Not so much.
Jabar Gaffney got a bad wrap here.. Unless you were Andre Johnson (Carr's first read) or any dump off option, you had NO SHOT at catching the ball in that offense and with that QB.

In Kubiak's offense with Schaub, if you can get open he'll find you and you'll be productive. Just look at Joel Dreessen the backup TE who has 28 rec (only 3 less than Jacoby) 350 yards and 6 TDs.

Jabar has been a productive player pretty much everybody else he's been away from David Carr....I don't we'd be able to say the same thing about Jacoby Jones.

If his max potential is just a 3rd string QB, then he needs to go... to me that should be a spot held for a young player who has upside and has the potential to grow into something greater.. 3 years ago that might've described Jacoby Jones, but now it doesn't. It's time to draft another "project" who can be put in that spot and possibly work his way up and that doesn't even factor into the first round pick we should spend on the position to step in as a starter day 1 on the other side of Andre Johnson.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read