Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012   #281
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Japhoney Jones getting Death Threats??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Maybe that's because Yates never looked for anyone else. He decided who the play was going to based on the coverage he thought he saw and stared the #1 option down every time. It wasn't just A.J., he stared down KW on that deep ball to the left side. If you have the means, watch the game again and tell me any play where his head swiveled like it would if he was going through his progressions. Tell me where you saw him actually check down to an underneath guy.

It's possible that he may earn Schaub's job one future day, but right now, T.J. has a good bit of work to do before that happens.
Let's suppose for a moment that something happens and Schaub doesn't come back. Do you think that with the benefit of the offseason and training camp that TJ could be coached up enough to be the starter next season?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #282
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Does calling him names make you feel like more of a man?
Nope...no more or no less, but it does make me feel better.

Sorry Gary, I don't care to hear a defense for this guy. This clown should've been cut yesterday. This wasn't just one boneheaded play...it's was another boneheaded play from a player that has committed a entire string of boneheaded plays throughout his career. He needs to go play for another team, heck maybe we'll start benefiting from his play on the field then.....when we play against him.

Doesn't matter though, in a couple of seasons I think Janobody Jones will be out of the NFL completely.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #283
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Let's suppose for a moment that something happens and Schaub doesn't come back. Do you think that with the benefit of the offseason and training camp that TJ could be coached up enough to be the starter next season?
Yates would definitely be the starter next season if Schaub didn't make it back. The biggest reason is who are you going to replace him with? We're picking in the mid 20s and this is a very crappy QB draft. He's actually a better option than anyone you'd get in the draft at that spot. Who are you going to replace him with? Ryan Tannanhil (oh god, please no) who also has a broke foot.

In the big scheme of things, Yates didn't play that poorly this season and played well enough to think he could grow and develop into a capable pinch starter.
Old 01-16-2012   #284
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Nope...no more or no less, but it does make me feel better.

Sorry Gary, I don't care to hear a defense for this guy. This clown should've been cut yesterday. This wasn't just one boneheaded play...it's was another boneheaded play from a player that has committed a entire string of boneheaded plays throughout his career. He needs to go play for another team, heck maybe we'll start benefiting from his play on the field then.....when we play against him.

Doesn't matter though, in a couple of seasons I think Janobody Jones will be out of the NFL completely.
Who is to blame for him still being here? Does calling him names make the Texans a winner?
Old 01-16-2012   #285
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who is to blame for him still being here? Does calling him names make the Texans a winner?
LEAVE JACOBY ALONE!!!!

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #286
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't get what your argument here is...

Does defending jacoby make the Texans a winner?

Does anything we type here make the Texans a winner?

Does anything we type here or say on the radio have any outcome on what the Texans do? No it doesn't.

If I want to vent and call Jacoby a jackass, I can do that....and he is a jackass. What he did (or didn't do) yesterday was football 101. GET THE **** AWAY FROM A ERRATIC KICK! Freaking high school players know better and he's in the freaking NFL.

I'm not going to come on this board and baby him or coddle him, that's one of the things that got us in this mess in the first place. If he doesn't like how fans are responding to him then FINE....DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. He needs to go to the doctor and surgically have his head removed from his ass and start using his freaking brain, because he isn't a rookie.

Next season will be his 6th in the league and he's still making rookie mistakes. If he wants to shut people up.....play better. PLAY SMARTER! The only thing he's been able to be consistent at during his tenure in the NFL is his ungodly ability to consistently pull off stupid crap. His act is old and is played out in this city...time to find another gig and take the song and dance down the road.

and I'm not yelling at you Gary..my anger is projected towards Mr. Jackass.
Old 01-16-2012   #287
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sick of hearing "durrrrrrrr, who's responsible for him being here still?"

You know what? He IS here. And he's being paid millions of dollars to catch and return a ****ing punt and more importantly, not make stupid decisions.

Not only did he NOT catch it. He let it bounce, THEN caught it. Deep in his OWN end. IN the playoffs. ON the road. AGAINST Baltimore. UP three points. AFTER a massive defensive stop.

You can play "he should have never been here to begin with" all you want. He shouldn't have. But you know what? He was.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #288
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yates would definitely be the starter next season if Schaub didn't make it back. The biggest reason is who are you going to replace him with? We're picking in the mid 20s and this is a very crappy QB draft. He's actually a better option than anyone you'd get in the draft at that spot. Who are you going to replace him with? Ryan Tannanhil (oh god, please no) who also has a broke foot.

In the big scheme of things, Yates didn't play that poorly this season and played well enough to think he could grow and develop into a capable pinch starter.
Go back and watch those games CB. He played like a another Joe Flacco type in waiting. NO way in hell I want him as a starter here ever. We were stuck with him, because we had nobody else and he'd be a good back up, but he'll most likely be a career back up in this league or a stop gap player for some team that is rebuilding and looking for their franchise QB. If Yates ever becomes our full time starter, we'll struggle for a few years until we find out that he's just average at best.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #289
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak defended him in his press conferance, and did make mention that Jacoby will be back next year. That could be true, or it could just be Coach Speak, you just don't know. You really don't want your head coach to come out right after a game and say who's he's getting rid of for next year. That's a good way to lose the locker room.

Also, not all draft picks pan out. Jacoby is one of them. Time to cut the loses and move on.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #290
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

You know what? He IS here. And he's being paid millions of dollars to catch and return a ****ing punt and more importantly, not make stupid decisions.

Not only did he NOT catch it. He let it bounce, THEN caught it. Deep in his OWN end. IN the playoffs. ON the road. AGAINST Baltimore. UP three points. AFTER a massive defensive stop.

You can play "he should have never been here to begin with" all you want. He shouldn't have. But you know what? He was.
While I agree with you that it's all on Jacoby, you do have to admit that it makes the front office look stupid for signing the dude to a three year deal. Way too many fans saw his shortcomings last year and before, so for them to continue to coddle the guy just makes no sense.

Sorry that you are tired of hearing it, but now that we are automatically jolted into our off-season, it's time to do the fan thing and evaluate every little aspect of our franchise.

Here's the big question: WILL JACOBY BE HERE IN 2012?

My Magic 8 Ball says "Better not tell you now".
Old 01-16-2012   #291
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Go back and watch those games CB. He played like a another Joe Flacco type in waiting. NO way in hell I want him as a starter here ever. We were stuck with him, because we had nobody else and he'd be a good back up, but he'll most likely be a career back up in this league or a stop gap player for some team that is rebuilding and looking for their franchise QB. If Yates ever becomes our full time starter, we'll struggle for a few years until we find out that he's just average at best.
Go read the question i responded to.. The question was, if Schaub couldn't go next season would Yates be the starter. Sorry, but the realistic answer is Yes he would.

There's nobody in the draft at their spot that's going to beat out Yates (and Tannehill is the only QB projected to go around there)

Who's going to be available on the FA market that Houston can pick up to replace a guy who already has experience in the system.

If Schaub can't go at the start of next season T.J. Yates will be the starter...I was never talking about him being a long term solution, but the O.P. said "next season". Next season Yates would be the starter...after that, who knows, it depends on what happened with Schaub.
Old 01-16-2012   #292
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Go read the question i responded to.. The question was, if Schaub couldn't go next season would Yates be the starter. Sorry, but the realistic answer is Yes he would.

There's nobody in the draft at their spot that's going to beat out Yates (and Tannehill is the only QB projected to go around there)

Who's going to be available on the FA market that Houston can pick up to replace a guy who already has experience in the system.

If Schaub can't go at the start of next season T.J. Yates will be the starter...I was never talking about him being a long term solution, but the O.P. said "next season". Next season Yates would be the starter...after that, who knows, it depends on what happened with Schaub.
Oh okay then. I agree with you there, although it is no definite answer that he's better than Leinart. We didn't see a long enough sample to know for sure. I think he is probably just as good or a little better than Leinart most likely though.

If the Texans could make some big trades to land a franchise starter though that looks like the next big elite QB, I'd be all for it. Those guys are to hard to come by and sometimes you just have to make big ballsy trades to get one or take advantage if one slips like Rogers did.

If Schaub goes down for the season again though, we need to seriously find a new franchise starter.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #293
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I don't. I bet he'll make it longer in the NFL than most of us think....... sorta like Jabar Gafney(sp).

I've got a Jacoby jersey & hope I'll be able to wear it next season. He's fun to watch & he definitely brings something to this team not many others do.

Arian Foster still loves the man, calls him his brother, loves to play with him....

I hope he stays.
Old 01-16-2012   #294
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the way Yates played "for a rookie"

If he never moves past that... ala Joe Flacco... then it becomes a problem.

If his numbers get closer to Schaub's as time goes on, I'm good with that.
Old 01-16-2012   #295
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

And who left him in the game? My point is cut him and call it a day. It is OVER.
Old 01-16-2012   #296
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No training camp , no OTA's or mini-camps .... Being the scout team QB for the first 10 weeks ... Getting no reps with the #1's with a 5th round rookie who expected to do no more than hold a clipboard all season.

I think he did a commendable job all things considered .... despite being beaten on the road by one of the best defenses in the NFL in a sudden death game.

We have no idea what his ceiling is at this point. Get him a full offseason with OTA's , mini-camps and training camps and Im quite comfortable going into the season with Yates behind Schaub.
If he continues to develop he either becomes trade material or the heir apparent down the line.

If he doesnt at least you know the guy is a capable backup - better than the majority of backups in this league .... and has the experience of those two playoff games under his belt.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #297
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Jacoby Jones has made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. Even within the 60 minutes of yesterday's game, he kept going out there making mistake after mistake. At some point, you have to look past Jones and realize that he is what he is and it takes a special kind of dumbass to keep putting the team's fortunes in his hands. If you were the coach, how many times would you have put him out there?
Old 01-16-2012   #298
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Jacoby Jones has made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. Even within the 60 minutes of yesterday's game, he kept going out there making mistake after mistake. At some point, you have to look past Jones and realize that he is what he is and it takes a special kind of dumbass to keep putting the team's fortunes in his hands. If you were the coach, how many times would you have put him out there?
If I were coach, I probably wouldn't even have him as a returner. I would probably not even have him on my team anymore. But I wouldn't have let him see the field at all after the fumble.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #299
kingh99

Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Sorry but I can't approve of all this hate. People actually want to hurt him. I feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't fear for his life just because he tried. He just... didn't work out so let's just cut him and move forward.

As for placing blame SQUARELY on JJ... The Texans are known for trotting out Slaton at KR repeatedly, sticking with Brown, and tallying up an infinite number of blocks in the back. This is a coaching issue.

I wish we would fire Joe Marciano and have felt that way since he couldn't solve the new NFL rules regarding the wedge.
It's like the movie Full Metal Jacket. He's causing the entire unit, a good unit, to be collectively punished. Jones earned his blanket party.

He's gone. McNair will see to that. McNair doesn't want the fans at the game turning on the team and he'll get his ass booed off if he's still here next year. It's purely business now.
Old 01-16-2012   #300
gary
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Hell, I would have let Bryant Johnson returned kicks before Jones.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read