Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012   #261
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Japhoney Jones getting Death Threats??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Havent seen this on any legit news source .... Is this the only mention of it in the media. I dont trust some dude on twitter Ive neer heard of much.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #262
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Yes, he played like crap yesterday. The key work is "played", as in a game. He played in a "game" and played crappy. I am as much of a die hard fan as anyone on here and I get pissed when we lose. Sure, I cuss and complain, but to actually wish ill will on someone, or threaten to kill them because of a game, is just moronic. I was actually shocked when I first heard the reports of people burning their jersey and making threats. What in the hell is the point? We're better than that as fans of the Texans and as human beings. Some people need to remember what the hell is actually important in life and realize that sports is just an outlet for us to enjoy. Period.

As to him being here next year, I hope we cut or trade him. He shows flashes, but that isn't enough. He isn't consistent and has been around too long to overlook his glaring weaknesses that he brings as a receiver. He isn't the best route runner and doesn't have the best hands. However, he made some great downfield blocks for us this season in the run game. I give him props for that.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #263
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Havent seen this on any legit news source .... Is this the only mention of it in the media. I dont trust some dude on twitter Ive neer heard of much.
Addiction...death threats....lynch mobs....

This thread is taking a turn into urban legend territory.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #264
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
People have Jacoby Jones jerseys?
Just his mom. Now we know how is burning his jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #265
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

My reasoning for Yates to get a pass...he tossed 3 INTs trying to get the ball to one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL. AJ has made spectacular plays his entire career. I don't blame Yates for it. Our TEs were non-existent, our other WRs may not have even been in the stadium so who do you throw to when you need yards? AJ.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 01-16-2012   #266
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they catch every moron that made a death threat and stick it to them as hard as they can. What kind of a dumbass looser does this? Absolute retards!!
Old 01-16-2012   #267
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jadopey jones is our Steve bartman. Except jadopey actually played a role in our loss and deserves the fans ire. Not threats or Ill will but all the criticism is justified. So those that are hyper sensitive to name calling put me on your ignore list. Jadopey must go.
Old 01-16-2012   #268
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we made several good to very good off-season moves last year. Re-signing Jones was NOT one of them.

I made it known I didn't like it when we did it and I've only gotten more peeved since.
Old 01-16-2012   #269
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Addiction...death threats....lynch mobs....

This thread is taking a turn into urban legend territory.
Urban legend indeed. Maybe started and perpetuated by someone loyal to Jacoby to garner some sympathy to ease off fan's anger?

There is NOTHING out there to substantiate any of these stories short of some nobody's Twitter feed.
Old 01-16-2012   #270
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there any story on what happened at his house? I heard someone put a for Sale sign in his front yard but it seems like this might be mostly BS.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #271
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw this on Twitter.

Jacoby Jones Never in Any Danger

Quote:
HOUSTON - Despite news reports and Texans fans' websites that said otherwise, the agent for receiver/punt returner Jacoby Jones, Kennard McGuire, told FOX 26 Sports that his client was never in any danger Sunday night.

McGuire said he did hear fans threaten Jones during telephone calls to local radio stations, but nothing beyond that.

However, McGuire took no chances.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com//dpp/spo...#ixzz1jfAksC2p

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #272
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Is there any story on what happened at his house? I heard someone put a for Sale sign in his front yard but it seems like this might be mostly BS.

OK, if that happened, I'm sorry........that is funny!

I don't support burning stuff in his yard, threatening his life, but I'd LMAO if I saw someone stick a for sale sign in his yard.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #273
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Fantastic... Now I can go back to full on hating him again without a hint of guilt or remorse.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #274
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
My reasoning for Yates to get a pass...he tossed 3 INTs trying to get the ball to one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL. AJ has made spectacular plays his entire career. I don't blame Yates for it. Our TEs were non-existent, our other WRs may not have even been in the stadium so who do you throw to when you need yards? AJ.
Maybe that's because Yates never looked for anyone else. He decided who the play was going to based on the coverage he thought he saw and stared the #1 option down every time. It wasn't just A.J., he stared down KW on that deep ball to the left side. If you have the means, watch the game again and tell me any play where his head swiveled like it would if he was going through his progressions. Tell me where you saw him actually check down to an underneath guy.

It's possible that he may earn Schaub's job one future day, but right now, T.J. has a good bit of work to do before that happens.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #275
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Fantastic... Now I can go back to full on hating him again without a hint of guilt or remorse.

I'm with ya.

Old 01-16-2012   #276
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hating someone and wishing actual harm on them on two different things. I would never hope that some numbskull would try to do anything harmfull to Jacoby, that's just wrong. But, as a football player, I hate him. As a actual real person, I haven't the slightest idea of what to think about him so I just don't.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #277
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Hating someone and wishing actual harm on them on two different things. I would never hope that some numbskull would try to do anything harmfull to Jacoby, that's just wrong. But, as a football player, I hate him. As a actual real person, I haven't the slightest idea of what to think about him so I just don't.

Exactly. I hate him as a player, just like I hate the bad guy in rasslin, lol. I wish no harm upon the dude, he may be a cool mofo in his personal life you never know.

Old 01-16-2012   #278
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO!!

Agree.

I hate Jacoby the player, not Jacoby the human being.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #279
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Maybe that's because Yates never looked for anyone else. He decided who the play was going to based on the coverage he thought he saw and stared the #1 option down every time. It wasn't just A.J., he stared down KW on that deep ball to the left side. If you have the means, watch the game again and tell me any play where his head swiveled like it would if he was going through his progressions. Tell me where you saw him actually check down to an underneath guy.

It's possible that he may earn Schaub's job one future day, but right now, T.J. has a good bit of work to do before that happens.
I agree, maybe one day but not any Sunday coming up.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012   #280
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Does calling him names make you feel like more of a man?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read