Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012   #201
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Jacoby must go, we can do better at PR and WR3. I have also been wanting Marciano gone for a couple of years, and his decision to have Jones fielding punts cost us in a game of field position.
Old 01-16-2012   #202
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Is it really worth wishing him ill will over? NO.
Gary, you can relax. All those comments have been posted with tongue-in-cheek hyperbole............an exercise in psychological healing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #203
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby got paid $600k last year. That is $600k off a 3 year, $10.5 million contract with $3million guaranteed. Bad move front office. It smacks of the Andre Davis contract mistake, and is going to leave us with dead money either way.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #204
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Jacoby must go, we can do better at PR and WR3. I have also been wanting Marciano gone for a couple of years, and his decision to have Jones fielding punts cost us in a game of field position.
"**** happens".............but it tends to always have help getting there.........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #205
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Jacoby got paid $600k last year. That is $600k off a 3 year, $10.5 million contract with $3million guaranteed. Bad move front office. It smacks of the Andre Davis contract mistake, and is going to leave us with dead money either way.
Off topic, but why would you advertise your signature on a sports forum with mostly males??? and you're reading that right.
Old 01-16-2012   #206
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Off topic, but why would you advertise your signature on a sports forum with mostly males??? and you're reading that right.
I think you read it wrong
We will remember them.
Old 01-16-2012   #207
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's Monday morning, I've slept on it, and yeah, I still believe Jacoby has to go. No doubt in my mind.
It's been 20 hours and I just keep saying to "what are you DOING!?"

I don't think I'll ever *not* be baffled. Seems like something I'm going to say for the rest of my life. Fantastic.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #208
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dont blame jacoby jones. Blame the person who actually resigned him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2005 View Post
I really feel we could have won if not for his drop PUNT return WTF. Yes Yates had a few INTs but he's a ROOKIE QB.. not just catching a PUNT.
Jacoby isn't the reason we were SHUT OUT in the second half while only being 4 pts behind. That "honor" belongs to Mr. Yates. Yet he gets a pass.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #209
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Gary, you can relax. All those comments have been posted with tongue-in-cheek hyperbole............an exercise in psychological healing.
You sure about that?
I'm not.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #210
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dont blame jacoby jones. Blame the person who actually resigned him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Jacoby isn't the reason we were SHUT OUT in the second half while only being 4 pts behind. That "honor" belongs to Mr. Yates. Yet he gets a pass.
Yep, exactly right. TJ does get a pass. He is a rookie that barely played half a season at one of the most, if not the most difficult positions in football. Jacoby is five years into this thing, it's time to cut bait.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #211
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Yep, exactly right. TJ does get a pass. He is a rookie that barely played half a season at one of the most, if not the most difficult positions in football. Jacoby is five years into this thing, it's time to cut bait.
Agreed 100% on the points you make. TJ does get a pass, jacoby doesn't.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #212
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard rumors of death threats towards Jacoby... NOT COOL!!

That said, Jacoby sucks and must go!
Old 01-16-2012   #213
welsh texan
Lest we forget

I'll tell you what doesn't get a pass from me, is the Offensive playcalling yesterday. You've got a rookie QB and all your going to ask him to do is hurl the long bomb into coverage all through the 2nd half? Get this guy some medium routes to pick and choose between.

All second half the announcers are raving about how he hadn't taken any sacks also. Would have much prefered a few sacks than the INT's we gave up, but there you go, we were forced to play the rookie before time, and I think Kubiak bottled it when it came down to it having trusted him throughout.

Yates will be a great backup project QB, I'd cut Leinart and Delhomme (due to money) and try and keep hold of Garcia for some great experience at 3rd string.

This has nothing to do with Yates' abilities, but if Kubiak was planning on putting him in that situation, then Delhomme would have been the better option to start in the playoffs imho, Jake throws a far more accurate playoff INT than Yates will ever do, and wouldn't have 7 months wondering if that will be his only big chance before getting back on the field.
We will remember them.
Old 01-16-2012   #214
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 60163 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll tell you what doesn't get a pass from me, is the Offensive playcalling yesterday. You've got a rookie QB and all your going to ask him to do is hurl the long bomb into coverage all through the 2nd half? Get this guy some medium routes to pick and choose between.

All second half the announcers are raving about how he hadn't taken any sacks also. Would have much prefered a few sacks than the INT's we gave up, but there you go, we were forced to play the rookie before time, and I think Kubiak bottled it when it came down to it having trusted him throughout.

Yates will be a great backup project QB, I'd cut Leinart and Delhomme (due to money) and try and keep hold of Garcia for some great experience at 3rd string.

This has nothing to do with Yates' abilities, but if Kubiak was planning on putting him in that situation, then Delhomme would have been the better option to start in the playoffs imho, Jake throws a far more accurate playoff INT than Yates will ever do, and wouldn't have 7 months wondering if that will be his only big chance before getting back on the field.
I hate this argument, its weak and short sighted. Yates threw the ball not Gary. Every play includes a guy deep and a guy shallow and some in between.....it was YATES who felt the need to force the ball NOT Gary, but that is what happens when a young guy is under pressure, Sage use to do the same thing and he was a vet, force the ball when the pressure is on....this was the first we saw Yates do this, but the pressure was crazy yesterday....nothing you can do about it, it improves over time
Old 01-16-2012   #215
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...This has nothing to do with Yates' abilities, but if Kubiak was planning on putting him in that situation, then Delhomme would have been the better option to start in the playoffs imho, Jake throws a far more accurate playoff INT than Yates will ever do, and wouldn't have 7 months wondering if that will be his only big chance before getting back on the field.
Wait, wut?

Do we want more accurate playoff interceptions?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #216
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

So I was listening to the radio and they said something about fans at Jacobys house last night. I didn't catch what it was .... what happened?
Old 01-16-2012   #217
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
So I was listening to the radio and they said something about fans at Jacobys house last night. I didn't catch what it was .... what happened?
I heard that too, that's pretty lame. I didn't hear what it was all about. I mean I'm upset with the guy, but that's just going too far.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #218
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I heard that too, that's pretty lame. I didn't hear what it was all about. I mean I'm upset with the guy, but that's just going too far.
I heard this too, I hope they were arrested.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #219
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Japhoney Jones getting Death Threats??

is this true???? if so, they'd HAVE to cut him now...right?
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #220
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Japhoney Jones getting Death Threats??

If it's true, it's distrubing and the people that are doing it are sick and degenerates.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read