Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012   #181
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

Good Call corrosion

Quote:
So far he has been taken into police custody and processed, and eventually charged with driving while intoxicated. He then had his bail set at five hundred dollars, which was later paid by the player completely. He was then released after the bail was paid that day and it has been reported that this was his only driving under the influence offense to date. There has been no comment up to this point from Jones or his team about this weekend incident of driving under the influence or what will happen to his participation with his football team.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/56917

Hardly a recurring trend though, so don't make him out to be the posterboy for drunk driving.

I really don't care about the above incident, and it has no basis what so ever for me not wanting JJ in a Texans uniform next season. I hope he gets his career restarted with another team, as I do with all players that leave our organization.
Old 01-16-2012   #182
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
FWIW Vonta and Rice did Nodda today .... while Foster was gashing them for chunks.
I understand that. All things being equal I'd prefer Leach to Vickers. I think he's a much better FB and keeping JJ while letting Leach go was nuts.
Old 01-16-2012   #183
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm not going to go as overboard to be hateful, but i agree with the title ... and in that regard i was wrong. i missed with slaton as a homerun hitter, and now again with jacoby. funny enough that i typically hate that type of all or nothing player, but i supported and defended the resigning of jacoby. now that the season is over ... i am comfortable calling him a waste of money.
Don't be so hard on yourself.... we kept throwing our talent at the defensive side of the ball trying to get that thing fixed. Now that we have a defensive guru to match our offensive guru, we should be able to find a better receiver.

The defense is young enough for us to go heavy on the offense this off-season.... all will be right with the world.
Old 01-16-2012   #184
Countreekidd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Good Call corrosion

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/56917

Hardly a recurring trend though, so don't make him out to be the posterboy for drunk driving
I'm actually sorry I brought it up
Countreekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #185
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what guys we need to get away from this potential crap and move from Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter, Trindon Holiday all these so-called 3rd options WR's they are pure garbage all of them. Kevin Walters drop a 3rd down pass that halted a drive in the 1st half that hit him dead in the chest and he dropped the pass and I just lost it. Jacoby Jones there is no explanation for this scrub I say bring in a good young F/A like Dwayne Bowe (KC), Harry Douglass (ATL) or Desean Jackson and still draft a Wideout in round 1 or 2 and let's move away from these crappy no catching wr's who are stealing money.
Old 01-16-2012   #186
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countreekidd View Post
I'm actually sorry I brought it up
As long as people don't use it as a sticking point for wanting JJ gone, I don't see it as a problem. This should have no bearing on anyone's feeling towards JJ continuing with this team, his recent performance on the field should
Old 01-16-2012   #187
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait and let this guy get a reality check, and really go to a team that isn't going to cuff his sack to make him feel like he's better than what he is. Maybe then he'll know that he needs to work 10 times harder to be all that he can be in this league.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012   #188
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Is it really worth wishing him ill will over? NO.
No, it's absolutely not!

C'mon, people. Try to set an example for your kids, for crying out loud.

Some of you act like Jacoby failed intentionally. Ludicrous.

He made a mistake. He needs a new start. Let's move on with some class.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #189
Pieman2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Pieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedPieman2005 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dont blame jacoby jones. Blame the person who actually resigned him.

I really feel we could have won if not for his drop PUNT return WTF. Yes Yates had a few INTs but he's a ROOKIE QB.. not just catching a PUNT.
Pieman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #190
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait.
I agree, he'd benefit from a more vertical passing system. Like Pittsburgh or Oakland for example
Old 01-16-2012   #191
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson are HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I understand that. All things being equal I'd prefer Leach to Vickers. I think he's a much better FB and keeping JJ while letting Leach go was nuts.
Yeah .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #192
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait and let this guy get a reality check, and really go to a team that isn't going to cuff his sack to make him feel like he's better than what he is. Maybe then he'll know that he needs to work 10 times harder to be all that he can be in this league.
I hope he goes to Tennessee. I just think Jacoby is what he is. He's not a good receiver, and he's an average punt returner when he doesn't make bonehead mistakes.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #193
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself.... we kept throwing our talent at the defensive side of the ball trying to get that thing fixed. Now that we have a defensive guru to match our offensive guru, we should be able to find a better receiver.

The defense is young enough for us to go heavy on the offense this off-season.... all will be right with the world.
you're right, i just hate supporting the underdog only to see what should be a veteran lay another rookie egg (made worse by a contract that could've gone to leach or funneled into this coming season). indeed we've given our defense every asset possible, as we've both made perfectly clear waiting on a coach to take advantage of it, but i was really hoping that jones would be the bright spot on offense this season. that's clearly not the case and it's becoming painfully obvious that we need to draft jacoby's replacement and AJ's successor.

i only hope now that jacoby's contract isnt prohibitive and we can save a few bucks by cutting him to free up cap space for mario/foster/myers/draft.
Old 01-16-2012   #194
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Dont blame jacoby jones. Blame the person who actually resigned him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2005 View Post
I really feel we could have won if not for his drop PUNT return WTF. Yes Yates had a few INTs but he's a ROOKIE QB.. not just catching a PUNT.
That's because you believe everything else would have happened the way it did minus that one infraction.

Truth is, with a 14-3 lead, the old men Ravens probably took a nap, allowing us to score 10 points... Once we got it that close, the Ravens woke up & put the kabosh on our offense.

The score probably would have been 10-3 Ravens if it weren't for that miff......

truth is, we don't know. There's no way to tell. What we do know, is that the score was 17-13 to start the 3rd qtr.

20-13 at the end of the 4th

blame Jacoby & you'll never understand why we lost that game.
Old 01-16-2012   #195
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Because the run game suffered so badly and we were awash with good, explosive wide outs?
Who would you rather have Vonta Leach or Lawrence Vickers? One's going to the Pro Bowl (again) and the other was picked up off the street as insurance.

The price difference is significant but it's not like spending that money on JJ in any way solved the explosive wide out problem you mentioned. I mean, if we spent that money on someone who could actually do that job then sure, I see the point in it. We didn't though.

3 years@10.5 million for JJ + The 2 years@3 million we had to pay Vickers to come in and do what Leach used to do (no extra charge for the stone hands. Those come with the package)

vs

3 years @ 11 million just to keep Leach.
Old 01-16-2012   #196
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo832004 View Post
It was only a matter of time before Jacoby jones pulled this bonehead play.

We all know jacoby is a mistake waiting to happen.

But the powers that be thought he was a great compliment to AJ.

This is what happens when you resign guys who are proven to be average and knuckleheads. Dont get mad at Jacoby.

Get mad at the guy who gave him a contract.
yeah.. get mad at THAT guy who also gave contracts to Jonathan Joseph and Danieal Manning, etc.. THAT guy
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #197
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i was in favor of giving jones the contract. he'd shown a progression in his maturity and gave the impression that he'd turned the corner. for me, and i'm assuming those in charge, this wasnt a "potential" contract - it was given to a kid who appeared to have already taken on a man's role on the field.

we were wrong. he's still a kid and we'd have more luck herding cats than we would putting jacoby through his paces.
Old 01-16-2012   #198
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't care how I'm coming across when I talk about Jacoby Jones. I'm a Suns, Braves, Texans, and Sabres fan. You know what? I've ****ing had enough of my teams' luck and I've had enough of stupid players doing stupid things to cost my teams big spots in the playoffs.

There comes a point where you just don't care anymore and you're going to be brutally honest. I'm sick of my teams beating themselves or having just the most absurd crap happen otherwise.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #199
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll just have to spend that money on some other wide-out now. We weren't going to win it all without Schaub this year anyway. Eventually, that money will be well spent and we won't miss Leach so much, even though he is tha man.

Cut Jones, reward Foster, get a good wide-out, etc. and get ready for next year because it's looking bright.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #200
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's Monday morning, I've slept on it, and yeah, I still believe Jacoby has to go. No doubt in my mind.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read