Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**Released

1st play of the game @ CIN.

He ran a lazy route on a sure TD strike....AGAIN. Beautiful throw by Yates and Jones was running the route like he didn't think he'd get the ball.

I've seen enough. Get this guy outta here.

We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby's Gotta Go

With AJ out, he's our deep threat right now. Hopefull Tate will connect with him sometime today.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Need to take a WR in the first round.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

You know you have a hands issue when you are a body catcher and a ball drops down into your numbers and you can't hang on to it. How big of a mistake was it to IR Lestar Jean?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #5
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
This. Everyone agrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
You know you have a hands issue when you are a body catcher and a ball drops down into your numbers and you can't hang on to it. How big of a mistake was it to IR Lestar Jean?
Was he IR'd because he wouldn't last on the practice squad or because there was a real injury?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #6
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

He plays like a rookie with potential. Yet he will never live up to that potential, it just happens randomly.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
He plays like a rookie with potential. Yet he will never live up to that potential, it just happens randomly.
He was at his best his first couple years when he was the #3 after AJ and Kevin Walter. He showed plenty of potential back then.

Fast forward to this year and he's supposed to be the #1 and it's obvious that he doesn't want the job. The writing was on the wall after the Raiders game when he got 11 targets and only caught one pass for 9 yards.

I'm not sure what his problem is. I've heard rumors about him spending too much time at the clubs and it seems like every August there's a Chron article about how he's gotten serious about the upcoming season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I think we need that and to also bring in some FA's and overhaul the position. Jacoby's a knucklehead, Walter's old, and Mason's really old. I'd like to see a 1st-rounder and a FA pickup like the Cowboys got with Laurent Robinson.
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2011   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
He was at his best his first couple years when he was the #3 after AJ and Kevin Walter. He showed plenty of potential back then.

Fast forward to this year and he's supposed to be the #1 and it's obvious that he doesn't want the job. The writing was on the wall after the Raiders game when he got 11 targets and only caught one pass for 9 yards.

I'm not sure what his problem is. I've heard rumors about him spending too much time at the clubs and it seems like every August there's a Chron article about how he's gotten serious about the upcoming season.

I think we need that and to also bring in some FA's and overhaul the position. Jacoby's a knucklehead, Walter's old, and Mason's really old. I'd like to see a 1st-rounder and a FA pickup like the Cowboys got with Laurent Robinson.
His problem is that he sucks and he doesn't want to be great...he's content. As a receiver he's already fat and happy. A.J. is one of the best in the league and still busts his ass to try to improve...Jacoby is just happy to be on a NFL roster. That's why this guy has ALWAYS been nothing, but potential and never comes close to improving towards reaching that potential.

It's cut bait time with Jacoby Jones. What a complete waste of time, he should've been gone after last season, but for some reason our team thought it was a good idea to pass up other FA WRs and bring this lazy loser back.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
1st play of the game @ CIN.

He ran a lazy route on a sure TD strike....AGAIN. Beautiful throw by Yates and Jones was running the route like he didn't think he'd get the ball.

I've seen enough. Get this guy outta here.

That's bull ****, all the way around. Jacoby was way ahead of his defender, that's a TD if Yates throws the ball ahead of him.

He had to slow down, turn around to have a chance.

He should have caught that ball, I'm not saying any difference there..... but lazy route, perfect throw.....

I don't think so.
Old 12-11-2011   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's bull ****, all the way around. Jacoby was way ahead of his defender, that's a TD if Yates throws the ball ahead of him.

He should have caught that ball, I'm not saying any difference there..... but lazy route, perfect throw.....

I don't think so.
So that ball was underthown? LMAO
Old 12-11-2011   #11
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think so.
No, on the play he was talking about, Yates overthrew Jacoby.
Old 12-11-2011   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think so.
Yeah, but do you know what's not bull****? The fact that Jacoby sucks as a NFL wide receiver.
Old 12-11-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah, but do you know what's not bull****? The fact that Jacoby sucks as a NFL wide receiver.
Eh....
Old 12-11-2011   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Eh....
....so you're saying he's good?
Old 12-11-2011   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Was he IR'd because he wouldn't last on the practice squad or because there was a real injury?
From what I remember it was injury but not necessarily season ending. A shoulder or something where he wouldn't be able to play until late in the season. Or how about cutting Dickerson loose? We could use better athletes than Mason or B Johnson. Walter is still a good receiver, he's not a probowler or anything but a decent 3rd option. They really need somebody to stand tall across from AJ and it's never been Jones. Hopefully between the draft and maybe a guy like Jean or Tolliver coming up the ranks we'll see less of Jacoby "Potential" Jones.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think so.
rep
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
....so you're saying he's good?
not good but no AJ, jj is what he is. its like expecting schaub to be elite
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #18
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i've done all i can to defend jacoby as a playmaker who can be huge for us if used as such, but i've got nothing left. lazy routes, bad routes, bad hands, poor timing, and simply isnt getting it done. his biggest contribution to the texans this season is a couple of bombs and flopping for PI calls. i would honestly rather see trindon holliday in for the plays that jacoby is getting.
Old 12-11-2011   #19
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I learned nothing new about Jacoby in this game. He continues to underwhelm. Were I the QB, he is not a reliable option for me. Seems to me a game cannot go by where he: a) makes a pedestrian catch, and then does a shimmy dance or reminds everyone it is a first down, or b) drops something in his bread basket. A lot.

Even on the PI play on the final drive, my first reaction was one of disgust as he was on the ground yelling/begging for the flag. Regardless of whether he was right, he just bugs.

Cut bait at the end of the year.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #20
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to agree, Jacoby was the one dim spot in what simply an amazing show of will and determination today. How much cap room would we save if we sent him on his way? I get the feeling we'll need some help in that department.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read