Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-11-2011   #1
DFlo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the 3/4 point of the season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

I've also added a Draft Order section that I will be updating weekly for the next 4 weeks
DFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #2
DFlo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respectedDFlo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

It's a curveball pick for you guys, wasn't sure how the Houston fans would react. Let me know your thoughts
Old 12-11-2011   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. Since all you do here is post links to your site, please just keep updating one thread. Thanks.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me North Carolina Dwight Jones in 1st & John Cooper in 2nd

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

That curveball hit the dirt...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Give me North Carolina Dwight Jones in 1st & John Cooper in 2nd
Have to agree with beerlover. We need to go after a WR in the 1st and Jones would be a good pick. I'm not like a lot of people on here that want to get rid of Brisiel. If anything, I think the Texans may try to replace Wade Smith since he will be 31 next season. But, whoever they try to replace on the O-line, I don't think it will be with the 1st pick. WR, ILB, and NT are much bigger needs IMO.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

.... I have to spread some rep around before I neg rep the guy beggin for clicks again.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #8
DFlo
Rookie

Sorry you feel that way rmartin, I haven't been around to respond the last couple of times because of work. Just drained when I get home, and after spending a couple of days writing up a mock the last thing I want to do is look at that for a while.

Regarding the pick, part of it was me trying to get this guy noticed. He's good. He's really good and he's not getting enough credit. He's a perfect ZBS lineman and I think he'd be a great fit in Houston. More than likely he's going to go in the second round, I like him early in R2 to Washington if they get a QB in R1, so you can consider it a reach.

FWIW, if it wasn't him I probably would have made that pick Mohammad Sanu or Kendall Wright.
Old 12-13-2011   #9
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I find some of those color schemes rather difficult to read.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
Sorry you feel that way rmartin, I haven't been around to respond the last couple of times because of work. Just drained when I get home, and after spending a couple of days writing up a mock the last thing I want to do is look at that for a while.
When all you do is come in and post a link to your site and never join in the conversation outside of that it comes off as you begging for hits to your site.

I dont like it ....

Old 12-13-2011   #11
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

You can remove Manti Teo from your mock since he is returning to school.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #12
DFlo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post
You can remove Manti Teo from your mock since he is returning to school.
Yeah how convenient eh, a day or so after I published this!

Corrosion I wouldn't exactly say I'm begging for hits to my site. I think that sort of undermines the work I put into this thing. If anything I've aggregated a lot of the players full stats for both this year and last, something of value to some. At the same time, updated the draft order weekly is also valueable to others. And I put a lot of work into that damn mock draft, and am providing you guys with new content/opinions to create some debate and get you guys thinking about the draft. My point is, it's not like I'm trying to get you to my site and trick you into clicking on ads... This is relevant draft related content, which I have posted in your Mock Draft thread.
Old 12-13-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah how convenient eh, a day or so after I published this!

Corrosion I wouldn't exactly say I'm begging for hits to my site. I think that sort of undermines the work I put into this thing. If anything I've aggregated a lot of the players full stats for both this year and last, something of value to some. At the same time, updated the draft order weekly is also valueable to others. And I put a lot of work into that damn mock draft, and am providing you guys with new content/opinions to create some debate and get you guys thinking about the draft. My point is, it's not like I'm trying to get you to my site and trick you into clicking on ads... This is relevant draft related content, which I have posted in your Mock Draft thread.
I enjoyed your mock and appreciate the time you put in. I know how much time in addition to regular work it must take.

With that said, please have some imput in the back and forth banter.

For instance you have Barkley and Griffin way underrated.

Couples, talented underachiever
Barron, in the box S dont go in the 1st rd
Cooper, ?
Miller, the Pack wont take a RB this high, they need a DE (Wynn) or a OLB (Perry) for instance would represent greater value at a position of need. Miller has been injury prone a bit throughout his career. Although he's a great talent.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

12 hrs and no response, looks like Corrosion was spot on.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Or to be fair, he could be working as he said above. My issue with DFLO's mocks is he seems to undervalue players but that is more opinion than a problem.

I agree it would be nice if he came in and discussed his views (and other folk's views) occasionally like Lance Zerline does.
Old 12-14-2011   #16
DFlo
Rookie

Quote:
Dude are you really counting the hours until I respond? Please. Of all the team forums I've posted on, you two are the the only ones who have complained.

Thanks badboy, and which one's do you think I've undervalued? Perhaps I could explain my rationale.

Quote:
I enjoyed your mock and appreciate the time you put in. I know how much time in addition to regular work it must take.

With that said, please have some imput in the back and forth banter.

For instance you have Barkley and Griffin way underrated.

Couples, talented underachiever
Barron, in the box S dont go in the 1st rd
Cooper, ?
Miller, the Pack wont take a RB this high, they need a DE (Wynn) or a OLB (Perry) for instance would represent greater value at a position of need. Miller has been injury prone a bit throughout his career. Although he's a great talent.
Barkley and Griffin way underrated? Meaning they should go higher? They're pretty high as is. Barkley doesn't have the physical tools to be a top 3 guy and Minnesota and St. Louis are set at QB. RG3 could be the #2 QB when it's all said and done, he's on his way up right now. His mechanics and footwork aren't great but he's got the most upside out of the three QBs.

In my opinion Coples is playing not to get injured, he can be dominant when he turns it on and he has too much talent not to go in the Top 10. I agree that he's underwhealmed this season.

Barron's had a bounce back year, his made a lot more plays in coverage, still not a cover safety but an exceptional safety nonetheless. He's also a key player and leader on one of the best defenses in the country, something that's going to help his value.

I like Miller to GB, just picture that offense with a running game. It would be next to unstoppable. They run a lot of spread so he would be a nice option for that offense with his speed. He also said he would declare if he get a 1st or 2nd round grade, and he declared so that tells you where they see him going. At the same time they give out conservative grades so at the very worst he's a 2nd rounder, based on their evaluations.

I noticed Cooper when I was scouting Brandon Thompson play against UNC and Cooper pretty much shut him down. This guy's an athletic pulling guard that is pretty much a wall in pass pro. He slides well, is stout and can bend in pass pro. No push in the running game which is why he belongs in a ZBS and he would be a perfect fit there. More of a 2nd rounder IMO, but I did want him to get noticed a little bit so I gave him to Houston.
Old 12-14-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Of all the team forums I've posted on, you two are the the only ones who have complained.

Begging for hits.

Old 12-14-2011   #18
DFlo
Rookie

Whatever man
Old 12-14-2011   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

DFLO; first as I said it is opinion, but evaluating Upshaw from # 2 college below Vinny Curry? I am a huge Curry fan & am mocking him to Houston round 2 on the MB under thread "Defense heavy draft" but ahead of Upshaw? I think you are only one in nation to do that.
Old 12-14-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Dude are you really counting the hours until I respond? Please. Of all the team forums I've posted on, you two are the the only ones who have complained.

Thanks badboy, and which one's do you think I've undervalued? Perhaps I could explain my rationale.

Barkley and Griffin way underrated? Meaning they should go higher? They're pretty high as is. Barkley doesn't have the physical tools to be a top 3 guy and Minnesota and St. Louis are set at QB. RG3 could be the #2 QB when it's all said and done, he's on his way up right now. His mechanics and footwork aren't great but he's got the most upside out of the three QBs.

In my opinion Coples is playing not to get injured, he can be dominant when he turns it on and he has too much talent not to go in the Top 10. I agree that he's underwhealmed this season.

Barron's had a bounce back year, his made a lot more plays in coverage, still not a cover safety but an exceptional safety nonetheless. He's also a key player and leader on one of the best defenses in the country, something that's going to help his value.

I like Miller to GB, just picture that offense with a running game. It would be next to unstoppable. They run a lot of spread so he would be a nice option for that offense with his speed. He also said he would declare if he get a 1st or 2nd round grade, and he declared so that tells you where they see him going. At the same time they give out conservative grades so at the very worst he's a 2nd rounder, based on their evaluations.

I noticed Cooper when I was scouting Brandon Thompson play against UNC and Cooper pretty much shut him down. This guy's an athletic pulling guard that is pretty much a wall in pass pro. He slides well, is stout and can bend in pass pro. No push in the running game which is why he belongs in a ZBS and he would be a perfect fit there. More of a 2nd rounder IMO, but I did want him to get noticed a little bit so I gave him to Houston.
Several OGs like Zeitler under Cooper. Maybe like you say you think he is second round & you are boosting him. I have not focused on Cooper but again you are only one I can find that has him anywhere near that high. Walterfootball.com doesn't even list him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read