Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Cincinnati Bengals. 12/11. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

The injuries keep piling up for the Houston Texans, but they have still found a way to string together a franchise-record six straight wins.

The slumping Cincinnati Bengals would settle for one victory at this point.

With All-Pro wide receiver Andre Johnson out, rookie third-string quarterback T.J. Yates will be under center for the Texans on Sunday when they could clinch their first AFC South title with a team-record 10th win.

Now that Matt Schaub (foot) and Matt Leinart (collarbone) are out for the season, the Texans (9-3) have given the keys to their offense to Yates, a fifth-round pick from North Carolina.

Houston, though, is not expecting the rookie to carry the club, especially with Arian Foster and Ben Tate leading the NFL’s third-ranked rushing attack at 152.6 yards per game. The Texans are also second in total defense allowing 271.4 yards per game and points allowed per contest with 15.8.

Yates was sacked three times and missed a few throws in his first NFL start last Sunday, a 17-10 victory over Atlanta, but Texans coach Gary Kubiak will gladly take a 188-yard effort with a touchdown and no interceptions.

The Bengals’ road to the postseason is not as clear cut, as they have dropped three of four following a 5-0 run. Cincinnati’s last three losses have come against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Cincinnati didn’t play like one last Sunday, committing 10 penalties in a 35-7 loss at Pittsburgh. Rookie quarterback Andy Dalton, though, knows the Bengals have three home games left and a chance to break out of the pack of five 7-5 teams to secure a wild-card spot.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=Agu6oriLgNybu9yoSVy4VMjdzYd4?gid=20111211004

What I want to see:

Let the rookie throw it early, and get the TEs involved in that process

I say this almost every week, and I'm not backing off it! Ha. But seriously, we have to show the Bengals that we aren't scared to throw it on their defense. It's a very, very good one. However, they are missing their best CB, and could be missing another. So with that said, let's show 'em that we have a QB that could make it tough for their D. Get Daniels and Dreessen involved, and make them respect the pass game.

Rattle the Ginger

Andy Dalton is one awesome rookie QB, but vs high ranked defenses, he's been rather beat up. Last week, he got battered around by the Steelers D. This week, he faces another top defense. Let's get to him early and often. Don't necessarily need sacks to make a statement. Knockdowns and hurries can cause him some problems.

J-Jo, make 'em pay!

Playa, they didn't even want you back! Make them pay by getting a pick or two, and shutting their best receiver down. They love to go up top, looking for the big play. Stay with A.J. Green, hold him to a minimal amount of catches, and make the Bengals regret losing you.

WIN THE DIVISION!

See that? We need a couple of 1s in our column!

No b.s. today....

LETS GET WIN #10 and CLINCH THIS DIVISION!!!!!!

Last edited:

htowntexans1985

1st Round Pick
looks like we will be playing the role of the underdog again. Thanks to the so called "experts". When will they learn. SMH.:vincepalm:

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
We've been the underdog, shown no respect, pushed to the back burner, been an after thought, completely overlooked by some in the media, and insulted by some thinking just because the almighty COLTS are failing this year, we have a "soft," "easy," division!! I LOVE IT!! Let them be doubters!! Our boys have something this year I've NEVER seen in the entire team in our prevous nine years, and that is ATTITUDE! The word can't is not in their vocabulary! They will give 100% for four quarters today, and even if they lose, it will not be because they quit believing.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for this game to start! LOVE my team, and today, the team with the ugliest uniforms in the NFL, is gonna get a taste of what it feels like to get stomped by a TEXAN BULL!!

34-6 TEXANS!!!!!!!!!:texan:

Kthx

Rookie
I think while at church this morning I might have to offer up a prayer for Andy Dalton to be able to walk at the end of the game after our defensive line is through with him.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I think while at church this morning I might have to offer up a prayer for Andy Dalton to be able to walk at the end of the game after our defensive line is through with him.
LOL!

He didn't look too please along the side line in his last game against the Steelers.

Go Texans!

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet the house against the 3 point Bengals favor. This is one time that Vegas succumbed to some strippers sitting on their laps, while they calculated their odds.

The Bengals are my favorite..........They're your favorite too...........Aren't they?............Well, aren't they?!...........

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet the house against the 3 point Bengals favor. This is one time that Vegas succumbed to some strippers sitting on their laps, while they calculated their odds.

The Bengals are my favorite..........They're your favorite too...........Aren't they?............Well, aren't they?!...........
Hell NO!!!
:texan:
Dammit!!
And you've ruined the mood.
Now get off me!!
The game is about to come on.
:tv:

burro

probably drunk
As important as this game is, I can't but to be completely calm and confident in our team's abilities. I think it's finally sunk in that the Houston Texans are a good team.

I'm thinking we put the heat on Dalton and force a few errors and Yates to play a modest, but smart game. I'm thinking we win by 10, 24-14.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
How great will it be if the Texans clinch their first ever division title and playoff appearance at 3pm CST (Texans win, Titans loss)? I wouldn't mind to see it happen in person, next week in Reliant. Either way, it's going to be special for the franchise and their fans. Many of us have rooted for them before they ever existed. The biggest win ever was the victory over LA to win the rights to the expansion team. It's time for another big win.

Edit: Looking at the prognosticators above, it's the talking heads and skill players who have a difficult time wrapping their head around the concept of winning with a 3rd string QB. It's the linemen (Golic & Schlereth) that realize that you win up front.

drs23

Veteran
Wearing my Liberty White away jersey after a great game day breakfast. Texas take this one by 10, 23-13.

Tits lose, we clinch!

Go Texans!

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How great will it be if the Texans clinch their first ever division title and playoff appearance at 3pm CST (Texans win, Titans loss)? I wouldn't mind to see it happen in person, next week in Reliant. Either way, it's going to be special for the franchise and their fans. Many of us have rooted for them before they ever existed. The biggest win ever was the victory over LA to win the rights to the expansion team. It's time for another big win.

Edit: Looking at the prognosticators above, it's the talking heads and skill players who have a difficult time wrapping their head around the concept of winning with a 3rd string QB. It's the linemen (Golic & Schlereth) that realize that you win up front.
Well, they do get all the press and fan adoration which leads them to believe it's all about them. Poor deluded souls. They're in their own special little worlds.
:brando:

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Wearing my Liberty White away jersey after a great game day breakfast. Texas take this one by 10, 23-13.

Tits lose, we clinch!

Go Texans!
I fear that the Titans will win just to piss us off. Plus, I don't really trust the Saints outdoors and on the road.

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Does anybody find it remotely odd that Bengals fans will cite weather as a possible determining factor of this game (in their favor) when their QB grew up in Katy and played his college ball in Ft. Worth?

drs23

Veteran
Does anybody find it remotely odd that Bengals fans will cite weather as a possible determining factor of this game (in their favor) when their QB grew up in Katy and played his college ball in Ft. Worth?
Ya know b0ng, it gets really cold up there. Ice storms and the such. Just ask Jerruh. :kitten:

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
amazes me that people think cinci will win this. just when you think people bought into the texans after beating ATL they makes us the dog. go texans

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I find it stupid because Houston this week is just as cold (if you will) and there is no rain or snow.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
amazes me that people think cinci will win this. just when you think people bought into the texans after beating ATL they makes us the dog. go texans
Looking at the postgame analysis/comment by some talking heads, folks think that ATL lost the game more than the Texans went out and won it.

Those two early misconnects on wide open receivers...
The two defensive TDs that got called back...
The drop in the endzone at the end of the game...

yeah, "they" think Atlanta should have won that game and failed more so than the Texans went out and took them to the woodshed.

That's the same "logic" that makes them think that Cincy should win today.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Looking at the postgame analysis/comment by some talking heads, folks think that ATL lost the game more than the Texans went out and won it.

Those two early misconnects on wide open receivers...
The two defensive TDs that got called back...
The drop in the endzone at the end of the game...

yeah, "they" think Atlanta should have won that game and failed more so than the Texans went out and took them to the woodshed.

That's the same "logic" that makes them think that Cincy should win today.
Quoted For Truth right there. QFT.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
TJ Yates is poised and has pocket presence beyond his years. He will be fine. He'll surprise some folks, again.
Two TDs were called back off turnovers due to Yates' poor decisions. Let's try to remember that. Though both are rookies, Dalton has a ton more snaps. That has to be an advantage to the Bengals.

Austrian

All Pro
Inactives

Texans: WR Andre Johnson, CB Brandon Harris, DE Tim Bulman, OL Andrew Gardner, QB Jeff Garcia, TE Garrett Graham, OL Thomas Austin

Bengals: OT Andre Smith, DE Carlos Dunlap, OL Clint Boling, LB Dontay Moch, QB Jimmy Clausen, RB Brian Leonard, WR Ryan Wahlen

Looks like Walter will play.

edit: I pasted it from ESPN.com. Since when does Clausen play for the Bengals.:vincepalm: So take it with a grain of salt.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
Two TDs were called back off turnovers due to Yates' poor decisions. Let's try to remember that. Though both are rookies, Dalton has a ton more snaps. That has to be an advantage to the Bengals.
2? thats being a bit harsh...1 was a poor decision by yates, 1 was a terrible decision by the refs. i give tj hardly any blame for the 'fumble'

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
The fire on his head keeps him warm.

drs23

Veteran
True. TJ made a bad decision by not seeing the CB on the blind throw to Arian. It was rightly called back because Doonta was undressing Kdub downfield, the intended reciever. I din't DVR the game so I'm drawing a blank on the 2nd TD that was called back.

Agree that the Red Rocket has a ton more snaps than TJ and that certainly translates to game experience. If anyone recalls I was really high on Andy Dalton leading up to the draft along with Colin K'pernik saying they were my top two QB choices in the draft.(Though I'll admit I've had a serving or two of crow because I thought Cam Newton would be a barf 'er bust which he's certainly not been) Of coarse we haven't got to see the latter play other than PS because Smith has been doing a good job at managing the game.

But all that aside, what's a :homer: to say?? :peek:

Trail.Blazr

Hooked up to a Kool-Aid IV
The talking heads on CBS all pick Cincy except for Shannon Sharpe. The rationale behind it was basically that Cincy's run game should put them over. IDK....

:thinking:

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Or, more to point, I guess the Texan's D can't corral the bum known as Benson... Lol

I wish I could watch. I'm going to be resigned to having to listen to it on 610 via internet.
While I like where your head's at, I seem to recall a lot of posters on this board being reeeeally miffed that we didn't go out and grab that "bum" when the Bears let him go.
I hope he doesn't still hold that snub against us. Nothing worse than a player motivated to show a team how they screwed up.

hey, I worry about every game...
:hankpalm:

why is there no "pacing around" smiley?