Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-08-2011   #1
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Big ben went down.

Doesn't look good. Left ankle and knee got folded, he is way to comfortable running aroind trying to extend plays.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Big ben went down.

...and got back up. But he ain't right.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big ben went down.

Although he came back, I would be surprised if an MRI tomorrow doesn't show a fracture of high ankle sprain.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 12-09-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Correction of sentence structure (double negative)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #4
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Although he came back, I would not be surprised if an MRI tomorrow doesn't show a fracture of high ankle sprain.
The double negative got me... You do not think that he has a fracture or a sprain, right?
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
The double negative got me... You do not think that he has a fracture or a sprain, right?
No, I meant that I believed that he would be found to have a fracture or high ankle sprain on MRI today. (I screwed up with the double negative. Went back and corrected the sentence structure. Thanks for catching it.) We'll see.
Old 12-09-2011   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119701 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been playing all season with a broken thumb. Pam Oliver asked him about it and he said "It's still attached."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #7
Jimbobway
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Jimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless the bone is sticking out of his leg I imagine he will keep playing

Plus with the long week ahead should give him chance to heal.

I don't think this changes anything in the AFC right now.
Jimbobway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2011   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissknocker View Post
Doesn't look good. Left ankle and knee got folded, he is way to comfortable running aroind trying to extend plays.
That's because he's been doing that for years and been leading his team to SB's by doing that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbobway View Post

He is a tough dude for sure, but if he doesnt heal in 10 days and is still a statue back there on Monday night against a good defense on the 49ers, he will get lit up a few times no doubt.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

From the Washington Post:
Quote:
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will have have an MRI today on his left ankle, after suffering a grotesque injury Thursday night.

The injury didn’t keep him from limping back onto the field after having an X-ray in the locker room and single-leggedly leading the Steelers to a 14-3 victory over the Cleveland Browns. Still, the pain was excruciating even with the ankle heavily taped. (Watch video here.)

“I thought my leg was broken, honestly,” Roethlisberger said. “It's one of the most painful things I ever felt.”

At the time of his Willis Reedesque return, the Steelers were up only 7-3.

Just what Ben Roethlisberger needed after the game: steps. (Gene J. Puskar / AP) “I didn't want to let my guys down,”' he said. “It's a close ballgame, a tight race right now, an AFC opponent and we're up only 7-3.”

“The heart of a champion,” linebacker James Farrior said. “The man has a lot of guts, a lot of will. He’s the leader of our team and that's what they do, they do stuff like that.”

Roethlisberger left Heinz Field after the game with his leg in a boot. Luckily for him, the Steelers and backup Charlie Batch, he has 11 days in which to heal. The Steelers (10-3) don’t play again until Dec. 19, at San Francisco.

“I really couldn’t drop back to pass and really couldn’t step into my throws,” Roethlisberger said. “[The line] did such a phenomenal job of kind of keeping me clean. That was my intention of coming back. I wanted to be there for the guys and let them know I’m going to fight for them.”
link
Old 12-09-2011   #11
Jimbobway
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Jimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respected

There was another article that quoted him as saying he felt like his ankle was going to explode: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...id=20111208023

That being said if anyone would play through an exploded foot its that guy
Jimbobway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #12
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say it...but this could be good news for the Texans if we face Pittsburgh in the playoffs.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

The Steelers QB went down after being sacked in the second quarter of a 14-3 victory over the Browns, the team's fourth in a row. He would later return after X-rays revealed no break. An MRI friday showed that Roethlisberger suffered a high ankle sprain, reports Jason La Canfora of NFL Network.

The injury is bad enough to put Roethlisberger's status for next Sunday's game against the 49ers in jeopardy, according to NFL Network.link
Old 12-09-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I hate to say it...but this could be good news for the Texans if we face Pittsburgh in the playoffs.
I think we broke that same foot in week 10 & he's only gotten better since then. Somehow or another he'll probably play even better 5 weeks from now.
Old 12-09-2011   #15
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbobway View Post

I don't know about that. If Roethlisberger is playing on one leg or if Batch is starting for Pittsburgh it definitely decreases their chances at a super bowl run.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #16
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
No, I meant that I believed that he would be found to have a fracture or high ankle sprain on MRI today. (I screwed up with the double negative. Went back and corrected the sentence structure. Thanks for catching it.) We'll see.
Happens to all of us. Looks like you were right...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read