Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2011   #1
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Defense Highlights video (Bulls on parade)

Was watching NFL Rewind online and decided to try to make a video of highlights.

EDIT:

OK so I lowered the volume of the announcer and changed the music to Domination and a little Walk at the end. Didn't match up the action to the music. If that sounds better to you, watch this version instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uJXHk9-hs

Here is the Bulls on Parade version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s

Last edited by JamesBill; 12-08-2011 at 11:33 PM.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Highlights video (Bulls on parade)

That's it. I'm gonna have to do one. That song and name just isn't gonna stick if I can help it. I honestly think the NFL will make SF and Houston trade teams if this crapola takes off. Bulls on Parade is downright offensive. We'll be considered queer steers and that is unacceptable.
Old 12-08-2011   #3
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never really liked the song and dislike it now after making the video but couldn't think of anything else. Nothing in the other thread looked good.
Old 12-08-2011   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Here we go. Many going to get their panties in a bunch over the nickname.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
I have never really liked the song and dislike it now after making the video but couldn't think of anything else. Nothing in the other thread looked good.
You might not like the genre I use, but I think you'll like the end result.
Old 12-08-2011   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89797 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

awesome video. we went so long without being able to get to the quarterback, it's amazing seeing so many sacks and hits this year.
Old 12-08-2011   #7
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was watching NFL Rewind online and decided to try to make a video of highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s

I have never made a video or uploaded to youtube, so it might be all messed up. How long until they take it down for copyright?
Nice man! Way to go. Watch out though, homophobes are going to soak their depends and revert back to 1950's way of thinking on this.

Love it dude.
Old 12-08-2011   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s

I have never made a video or uploaded to youtube, so it might be all messed up. How long until they take it down for copyright?
Wow! Really, really good. Especially for a first effort.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #9
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 3435 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Nice man! Way to go. Watch out though, homophobes are going to soak their depends and revert back to 1950's way of thinking on this.

Love it dude.
It's not a homophobic thing to think that the name just doesn't work.

One in order to fully understand the meaning of the nickname it has to be explained which should be the first indicator that it isn't a good one.

Two if your going to have a nickname for a defense such as ours, it should reflect that awesomeness. I don't see this nickname doing that in any sense of the word.

Now as far as the song itself it does have a fire up aspect to the song just not the name.

OPer I liked the video, gotta love all of those hits, well done.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #10
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Great vid!
Old 12-08-2011   #11
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That's it. I'm gonna have to do one. That song and name just isn't gonna stick if I can help it. I honestly think the NFL will make SF and Houston trade teams if this crapola takes off. Bulls on Parade is downright offensive. We'll be considered queer steers and that is unacceptable.
Bulls on Parade is a horrible nickname, but to call it "downright offensive" is perhaps a bit too much.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #12
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

not feeling bulls on parade.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #13
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

At least it's better than last years nickname for the defense which was Bull$hit.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #14
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post

Love it dude.

Jesus, let it go, man.

The fact is there are a number of words in the contemporary English lexicon that conjure imagery of homosexuality and the trappings of the homosexual community/lifestyle.

The gay community has co-opted a number of words over the past several decades and made it virtually impossible to hear or read those words without making those connections.

The word gay for instance. That word used to mean happy or joyful. Now, it means homosexual and it's used that way almost exclusively.

The gays have also co-opted the rainbow and, yes, to a great extent they've co-opted the word parade.

When one of our posters observed that the title Bulls on Parade sounded gay, he was freaking right. He wasn't saying anything hateful. He was simply making a valid observation.

I would imagine you consider yourself liberal.

The word liberal has Latin roots----liber meaning free.

But one of modern liberalism's bastard children is political correctness. Political correctness is the restriction of speech. The polar opposite of freedom of speech.

Sorry for the rant, but nothing yanks my chain more than seeing someone who's appointed themselves as the avenger of the weak who takes on people for offenses they haven't even committed.

And it seems to me the only one who needs his diaper changed around here is you.
Old 12-08-2011   #15
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 3435 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Jesus, let it go, man.

The fact is there are a number of words in the contemporary English lexicon that conjure imagery of homosexuality and the trappings of the homosexual community/lifestyle.

The gay community has co-opted a number of words over the past several decades and made it virtually impossible to hear or read those words without making those connections.

The word gay for instance. That word used to mean happy or joyful. Now, it means homosexual and it's used that way almost exclusively.

The gays have also co-opted the rainbow and, yes, to a great extent they've co-opted the word parade.

When one of our posters observed that the title Bulls on Parade sounded gay, he was freaking right. He wasn't saying anything hateful. He was simply making a valid observation.

I would imagine you consider yourself liberal.

The word liberal has Latin roots----liber meaning free.

But one of modern liberalism's bastard children is political correctness. Political correctness is the restriction of speech. The polar opposite of freedom of speech.

Sorry for the rant, but nothing yanks my chain more than seeing someone who's appointed themselves as the avenger of the weak who takes on people for offenses they haven't even committed.

And it seems to me the only one who needs his diaper changed around here is you.
I'm gonna have to disagree with the Homosexual community "co-opting" above said words. It is the Hateful people who give them the negative connotations that are attached to most of those words.
I will agree that the rainbow was most likely co-opted by the homosexual community.

Just as Liberalism has been made out to be a bad word by virtually the same hateful people.
Old 12-08-2011   #16
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a great nickname, but I think it's fine for Texans fans since people who have been to Reliant for a game will know the reference. Don't really care for what the rest of the league thinks. They haven't taken us seriously before anyway :P

Nice vid though, liked the highlight selection. I would take out the commentary for the most part, that's just my personal tastes on fan made highlight vids. There are already highlight videos on NLF.com I can watch that has full commentary.

Unless of course the commentator is just really hype, which was the case in a few of those.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgbmedic View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree with the Homosexual community "co-opting" above said words. It is the Hateful people who give them the negative connotations that are attached to most of those words.
I will agree that the rainbow was most likely co-opted by the homosexual community.

Just as Liberalism has been made out to be a bad word by virtually the same hateful people.
Great video by JamesBill, wasn't it?

Old 12-08-2011   #18
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Great video by JamesBill, wasn't it?

Yes said as much in one of my previous post.
Old 12-08-2011   #19
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgbmedic View Post
Yes said as much in one of my previous post.
Well done. I really don't want to hijack his thread.
Old 12-08-2011   #20
JamesBill
Veteran

OK so I lowered the volume of the announcers and changed the music to Domination and the start of Walk at the end. Didn't match up the action to the music. If that sounds better to you, watch this version instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uJXHk9-hs

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read