Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2011   #21
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This article pissed me off...

Well...Texans...you just got called out. Now what are you going to do? Prove them wrong or prove them right?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Comparing TJ to Sanchez?

The whole piece is here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp
I love it.

This late in the season, the more locker room material you've got, the easier it is to sell that the "whole world" is doubting you, the easier it is to get them boys on Kirby riled up.
Old 12-08-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The Super Bowl is going to be won by one of the following teams:

1. Patriots

2. Ravens

3. Steelers

4. Texans

or

5. 49ers

6. Saints

7. Packers

IMO, there are SEVEN very solid teams who are in the running.
If the 49ers & Texans meet in the Super Bowl, a lot of people are going to have to rethink their philosophy.

Old 12-08-2011   #24
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The guy is a Jets fan.

So let me guess...he probably thinks the Ravens and the Patriots--the two teams the Jets always have a big battle with--are better than these outsider teams that are thousands of miles away from his East Coast bias?

That's my guess. Because he isn't being objective.

The Super Bowl is going to be won by one of the following teams:

1. Patriots

2. Ravens

3. Steelers

4. Texans

or

5. 49ers

6. Saints

7. Packers

IMO, there are SEVEN very solid teams who are in the running. In fact, all seven of these teams are pretty comparable when you look at them...with maybe the Saints and the Packers being the deadliest out of the bunch.

I think the Patriots' defense is suspect, but their offense can overcome that. The Ravens' defense is one of the best, as is the 49ers, in terms of playing consistently good. Then you've got OUR defense to factor into the equation.

Then there's the pesky Steelers who didn't get the memo in week 2 or 3 that they were supposed to lay down and quit.

The writer is hilarious. He should try standup comedy. The Texans, Saints, and 49ers absolutely make the list of likely SB winners.
With Schaub they were contenders, but not with a rookie QB. That is our Achilles heal.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
How can you compare Yates to anyone right now? The guy has only had one start and is basically an unknown. I think you pretty much know what you are getting out of Sanchez.

Honestly, if I were an outsider I would be writing the Texans off too as a serious contender.
I think it has more to do with the similarity this team has with the AFC Championship game appearing Jets of the last two years. They did it running the ball, playing solid defense, & limited mistakes/plays from the QB position.

I really think it's more of a complement than a knock; he is a Jets fan.
Old 12-08-2011   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

They guy is a hater.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #27
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
When did Flacco become an elite QB?
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
In all fairness, the author does have a point that Mark Sanchez plays QB like a 5th round rookie.

Yep!

Put me in the "I love it" club, cause I do. Print this crap out and post it in the locker room.
Old 12-08-2011   #28
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76785 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In fairness to Jason Smith, he's specifically talking about the Jets in the conference championship games ('09 & '10), and if you look at '09, the Jets had the #1 ranked regular season defense, and the #1 ranked regular season running game, so it's actually a pretty valid comparison. In '10, the Jets D dropped to #3 and their run game to #4, bit it's still a reasonable comparison.

The ironic thing is that the point it overlooks is that Yates is an unproven commodity - even after a game and a half. We know exactly who Mark Sanchez is - well, we know exactly who 2009 and 2010 Mark Sanchez was anyway - and the case that he was the primary thing keeping the Jets out of Super Bowls is not a hard one to make. So what it means is the main area in which we don't know how the 2011 Texans compare to the 2009 & 2010 Jets is the one that ended up being their achilles heel.

Finally, he makes the assumption we'd be on the road for the AFC Championship, and that is certainly not a given either.
Old 12-09-2011   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
With Schaub they were contenders, but not with a rookie QB. That is our Achilles heal.
An interesting misspelling.

Regardless, no rookie QB has ever won a SB.

But there's a first time for everything!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #30
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather have TJ. My guess is he will turn the ball over less than Sanchez.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #31
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I don't get why people get so worked up about what some people outside the organization say about the Texans. If he feels that way then more power to him. There are plenty of examples of teams not lighting up the scoreboard who have gone on to advance far in the playoffs. I'd get more pleasure in seeing the Texans prove people wrong like they did last week when no one said we would win than having everyone riding our jocks and saying "I told you so". Shock the world baby!
Agreed. This guy is a joke to begin with.
Old 12-09-2011   #32
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Not to mention one team has a QB guru as a head coach and the other... well... doesn't.
YEah but we don't have a portly foot guru
Old 12-09-2011   #33
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's such a Jets fan, he should know that his Mark Sanchez QB beat out Phillip Rivers (who by many "experts" is known as an elite QB.) in the playoffs to get to the AFC Championship game because his team ran the ball very well that day and played some really good defense.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #34
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

At least we have our own stadium, in our home state.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #35
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh...he's a frustrated Jets fan whose seen his team go "so far". Oh well.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #36
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
An interesting misspelling.

Regardless, no rookie QB has ever won a SB.

But there's a first time for everything!

Ben Rothlesiberger would disagree with the bolded.

*edit. I am wrong, it was his second year!
Old 12-09-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Ben Rothlesiberger would disagree with the bolded.

*edit. I am wrong, it was his second year!
Sorry I was way wrong on this

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read