Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-28-2005   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An Old Oiler

Came across this while I was browsing around.
Was a young Oiler at the time.
Seems like eons ago doesn't it.
Old 04-29-2005   #2
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Thumbs up

Was amazingly talented in the run and shoot offense, till the day the music died (vs. Buffalo)!
Old 04-29-2005   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That is not the great Warren Moon. That is Steve Mcnair. Yes he was an Oiler. I have an autographed rookie card of his, and when we played the Jags in our second to last game in the Astro Dome, I ate chicken with him on the back seat of his pick up cuz noone was there. I assume those kind of priveledges are long gone now.

You know, that is one thing I have to say about the Oilers. I could go to their training camps in San Antonio and just about get all the autographs I want because hardly anyone ever went. You can't really say that about the Texans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

It seems strange seeing him in the luv ya blues, those were some fine jerseys.
Old 04-29-2005   #5
gcolby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 22808 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
Was amazingly talented in the run and shoot offense, till the day the music died (vs. Buffalo)!
Sorry but I have to throw you a "HUH?!?!?"

Question, who are you with in Iwa Kuni?
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Agreed, but many didn't think so. What I always wonder though is how come the Chargers get such props all the time for their old throwback powder blue uni's but the Oilers get dogged for the columbia blue.

Personally I liked them. That was my team.

Of course I also believe that if you're born in a city that has an NFL team then you are assigned that team by God himself for the duration of your life and if you don't support that team you will burn in hell for all eternity (longer if you become a Cowboy fan).

The rules say you can only abandon that team if they abandon you (example, sneak off in the middle of the night to Indianapolis or move to Nashville after a lengthy exclusive right to negotiate agreement). Then you can support another team if you can bring yourself to do so (I could not). When your town gets another team you are again assigned by the almighty to support that team through thick and thin, Miller or Bud, rain or shine, through playoffs and decline for as long as you both shall occupy the city in question.

It's easier if you're born somewhere they don't have the NFL. Then you can choose your team BUT YOU MUST BE FAITHFUL. Failure to support your chosen team leads to a life without a true relationship with football and, eventually a loss of interest altogether. Basically a fate worse than death.
Old 04-29-2005   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
... Of course I also believe that if you're born in a city that has an NFL team then you are assigned that team by God himself for the duration of your life and if you don't support that team you will burn in hell for all eternity (longer if you become a Cowboy fan).

The rules say you can only abandon that team if they abandon you (example, sneak off in the middle of the night to Indianapolis or move to Nashville after a lengthy exclusive right to negotiate agreement). Then you can support another team if you can bring yourself to do so (I could not). When your town gets another team you are again assigned by the almighty to support that team through thick and thin, Miller or Bud, rain or shine, through playoffs and decline for as long as you both shall occupy the city in question......
I need to pull an amendment to this rule that states if the owner of said team turns into a complete moron that puts self $$ before said team or fans, the fan of that team may abandon previous team for a better organized team.

Basically, born in Irving it was my birthright to support the Cowboys in which I did.... till Jerrah came in and changed focus. I could not put my allegiance under the regime of Bud so it was many moons (oh geez - pun not intended) till I found a new team with the birth of the TEXANS.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
...regime of Bud so it was many moons

I'm sorry, for a second there I thought we were talking about Ladd Herzog. My mistake.
Old 04-29-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I was a devout Oiler fan. In away they are like the ex girlfriend. She went her ways for another, I stayed single and tried to call her every once in a while, and then along came the Texans and won my heart for as long as I shall live and beyond.

And the ex, well she had some good days with that other but now the other treats her like doo doo and she don't really put out anymore.

All the Oiler stuff is buried.

Honestly I removed all my Oiler stuff to remove the jinx that team had.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Columbia Blue threads. Blue jersey/white pants at home, white jersey/blue pants on the road. Those were the Oilers. Hated when they went all white. I hope the Texans never go all white. BLAH!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read