Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2011   #21
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Playoff Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
maybe hosting the tebows
I don't think that is possible.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #22
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
maybe hosting the tebows will get us into primetime
The only way the Texans can play the Broncos would be in the AFC title game. Provided the Broncos get in and both teams win 2 games. That game would be held at Reliant.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #23
SuperRY
www.HDMIGuy.com

Rep Power: 0 SuperRY was voted MVPSuperRY was voted MVPSuperRY was voted MVPSuperRY was voted MVPSuperRY was voted MVP

It looks like the game will be on Saturday. There was a Monster Jam scheduled for the 7th but I read this on the Monster Jam website:

"The Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam event scheduled at Reliant Stadium on January 7th, has been rescheduled to January 14th"
SuperRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #24
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRY View Post
It looks like the game will be on Saturday. There was a Monster Jam scheduled for the 7th but I read this on the Monster Jam website:

"The Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam event scheduled at Reliant Stadium on January 7th, has been rescheduled to January 14th"
Doesn't mean much...they'd never have the floor ready in time from the 7th to the 8th anyway.
Old 12-29-2011   #25
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard a week or 2 ago that we will be the Saturday early game. This is the same person who swore there would be a Dallas v Houston prime time game last year. Of course...he never forgot to throw in the term "pre-season". lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #26
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
The only way the Texans can play the Broncos would be in the AFC title game. Provided the Broncos get in and both teams win 2 games. That game would be held at Reliant.
i thought denver could get in as a wildcard? i could be wrong
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #27
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, Denver can only get in as division champ.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2011   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Cincinnati, Oakland, Titans/Jets..... I believe is the order for those in the hunt for the final Wildcard.
Old 12-29-2011   #29
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Help Texans-talkers!

I need to know what day the Texans playoff games might be on?

I need to know in advance so I can ask off work... Damn you retail.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #30
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help Texans-talkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tielahr View Post
I need to know what day the Texans playoff games might be on?

I need to know in advance so I can ask off work... Damn you retail.
Bet on Saturday.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #31
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting. I would think the number 3 & 6 seed matchups would be on Sunday, not Saturday. I thought the NFL postseason gave the highest ranking seed in the wild card round a Sunday game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #32
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Interesting. I would think the number 3 & 6 seed matchups would be on Sunday, not Saturday. I thought the NFL postseason gave the highest ranking seed in the wild card round a Sunday game.
Now you know this is all about ratings. What kind of ratings do you think they believe a Bengals/Texans game would get? Don't forget the east coast bias factor either. We're lucky they don't schedule us at midnight among the info-mercials.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens or Steelers are going to have the 5 seed so that automatically puts them in the lead to be playing on Sunday.
Old 12-31-2011   #34
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Now you know this is all about ratings. What kind of ratings do you think they believe a Bengals/Texans game would get?
Probably better than you would think, seeing that it's the only game on TV, it's the playoffs, and the gambling factor. But yes, it won't bring in the more casual Tebow follower, Cowgirl/Giant fan, or Steeler Nation.

Last year's wild card weekend ratings:

Saturday afternoon (Saints@Seahawks): 18.3
Saturday primetime (Jets@Colts):20.8
Sunday early game (Ravens@Chiefs):17.1
Sunday late game (Packers@Eagles): 22.1
Old 12-31-2011   #35
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

It will come out after all of the seeds are set and the NFL knows who is playing who.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #36
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex_Flanagan Alex Flanagan
Just found out I'll be covering Cincinnati @ Houston Saturday. Me, Mayock and Tom Hammond reunited for the wildcard sat on NBC at 4:30e
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Alex_Flanagan Alex Flanagan
Just found out I'll be covering Cincinnati @ Houston Saturday. Me, Mayock and Tom Hammond reunited for the wildcard sat on NBC at 4:30e
Thanks!

Saturday 3:30 Central Time on NBC.
Old 01-07-2012   #38
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Now 1-15-12 @ 12:00 at Baltimore. Damn i want a late game, i enjoy night games, and we dont get to many of them
Old 01-07-2012   #39
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Bah. Early game on Sunday. 10am start here in CA. Nothing I'm not used to, but I like playing later in the day.

Early forecast calls for low 40s and "partly sunny" on Sunday.
Old 01-08-2012   #40
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Now 1-15-12 @ 12:00 at Baltimore. Damn i want a late game, i enjoy night games, and we dont get to many of them
If we win next week we will have that night game you're wanting.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read