Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011   #1
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The official Christmas present help thread...

I'm looking for Texans decals. The same that goes on the team helmets. You cannot paint motorcycle helmets as it makes them unstable and unsafe. So we want to place the very same decals as the Texans helmets on them. It must be mirror-images because both sides are opposite. This is where I get stumped in my search. I simply can't find them. I also would like to see a nice selection of various decals. No stickers. Just sturdy decals as these would go on a motorcycle.

Help?
Old 12-07-2011   #2
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official Christmas present help thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
You cannot paint motorcycle helmets as it makes them unstable and unsafe.
Although I would never paint my helmet...what about painting a helmet would make it any more unstable than putting decals on it?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Although I would never paint my helmet...what about painting a helmet would make it any more unstable than putting decals on it?
You would have to sand down the helmet so the new paint can grip. Sanding breaks up the shell and causes flat spotting. The paint as it comes from the factory is an integral part of the helmet's strength. Also, the reducer in most primers breaks down the plastic composites. I believe you can repaint carbon fiber helmets but not your standard helmets unless they have flat colors. They had me at sandpaper to the skull so I'll pass.
Old 12-07-2011   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
You would have to sand down the helmet so the new paint can grip. Sanding breaks up the shell and causes flat spotting. The paint as it comes from the factory is an integral part of the helmet's strength. Also, the reducer in most primers breaks down the plastic composites. I believe you can repaint carbon fiber helmets but not your standard helmets unless they have flat colors. They had me at sandpaper to the skull so I'll pass.
Sounds like you came up with your first Christmas present already - a carbon fiber helmet!
Old 12-07-2011   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sounds like you came up with your first Christmas present already - a carbon fiber helmet!
At $2,000 and up, I think I can find a painted helmet that I like.
Old 12-07-2011   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
At $2,000 and up, I think I can find a painted helmet that I like.
Holy hell .... or another used bike, almost.

Old 12-09-2011   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.esportsonline.com/?sitemi...&zmap=20028022

For helmet Decals

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read