Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2011   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL would love a Texans/Packers super bowl

I have seen some people thinking about next years schedule like with detroit and green bay. I sat down and thought about who we should be playing next year and this is what I got:

Home: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Green Bay, Minnesota, Miami, Buffalo, Denver

Away: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Chicago, Detroit, New England, New York, Baltimore

Of course divisional opponets are a no brainer.

Next year the AFC south matches up with the AFC east. Since we played pats and jets at home last time the two divisions met, we will go on the road for them. Vice versa for the Bills and Dolphins.

Baltimore and Denver are assuming they win their division (assuming the texans win the division as well) Of course, since we already play two divisions within our conference, the two final spots on the schedule are filled by teams from the two division we dont face within our conference. These teams are based on where they have placed in their division or common finish. Last time we played Baltimore based on common finish was last season at reliant so since next year will be common finish we will have to travel back to baltimore for another match up. We have never played Denver based on common finish, so I am assuming Denver will be a home game for us.

Finally that brings me to the confrence match up. Next year as it is already known, The AFC south is facing the NFC north. Since we played green bay and minnesota away, we will play them at home next season.

That brings me to this point.

IF the texans actually make it to the super bowl, and assuming they face the packers, the NFL would have a rare oppertunity. (at least something I havent really seen) The NFL would actually get to have a super bowl rematch the very next year. Some one already mentioned this earlier that if they did make it the NFL would probably have a Texans Packers thursday night kick off.

That being said, even though they aren't supposed to pick a side, I feel like behind closed doors at the NFL offices, they are really wanting the texans to get to the playoffs, and then the texans and packers meet in the super bowl so they can have this huge event the very next year.

That is just my idea though. Hope you guys enjoyed my schedule. I hope I am right on it. As I was about to post this my friend messeged me and said he would laugh if none of this was right because we got moved to the CFL after this season lol.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL would love a Texans/Packers super bowl

i want to face the saints agian

I went to the game in new orleans this year and it was a epic game and i want a rematch with them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the NFL would prefer a Brady/Rodgers Super Bowl
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I think the NFL would prefer a Brady/Rodgers Super Bowl
But the fans want a Tebow/Vince Young Super Bowl

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #5
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly don't think its that big of a deal for the NFL. They arent hoping for the Texans to face the Packers in order to setup a rematch as the season opener.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I have seen some people thinking about next years schedule like with detroit and green bay. I sat down and thought about who we should be playing next year and this is what I got:

Home: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Green Bay, Minnesota, Miami, Buffalo, Denver

Away: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Chicago, Detroit, New England, New York, Baltimore

Of course divisional opponets are a no brainer.

Next year the AFC south matches up with
Nice informative post, thank you.
Old 12-07-2011   #7
skymike
Saints Fan

Rep Power: 0 skymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i want to face the saints agian

I went to the game in new orleans this year and it was a epic game and i want a rematch with them
Thank you! I'd like this too, but I want Schaub back for you, so we get your best.

As far as the OP, I disagree. National media, etc. has never gave a **** about anything from Houston. Houston never gets respect, and I'd love to see them forced to pay attention.

Believe me, they werent all that big on New Orleans, as you would be led to believe. Too small a market, they thought. Of course the Saints following is much like the Packers, spread over a whole area. -- We're all over the Gulf Coast, not just N.O, and it was like this before any Storm, or before we had ever won anything.

Saints v. Texans!

Who Dat!
skymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2011   #8
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I know one thing I wanna see change in regards to next years schedule. All these crappy teams they have playing in prime time slots (Jags, Browns etc). I expect the Texans to finally get a little respect when it comes to Sunday/Monday night football.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost posted this yesterday.

The road schedule is going to be a doozy next year. DET, CHI, NE, NYJ, and BAL/PIT.

Yikes.
Old 12-07-2011   #10
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I almost posted this yesterday.

The road schedule is going to be a doozy next year. DET, CHI, NE, NYJ, and BAL/PIT.

Yikes.
I am actually not worried about Chicago and New york. Pats and Lions will be great games as well. On the flip side, I honestly do not see us losing a home game. Except to the packers. But of course this is all for next season.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Guarantee you, the NFL wants a Pittsburgh / Green Bay Super Bowl well before the Texans.
Old 12-07-2011   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Guarantee you, the NFL wants a Pittsburgh / Green Bay Super Bowl well before the Texans.
I'd like to see the Texans/Saints or the Steelers/Saints. If it's Texans they get to get some payback for that game earlier this season that the referees HANDED to the 'Aints. If it's the Steelers the 'Aints fans realize that their superbowl was a FLUKE and Dllas fans get to suck on the fact that the Steelers would have TWO more :trophies: than they do.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #13
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

How did the refs hand the game to the Saints? I don't remember any outrageous calls. They were the better team that day. Breesus Christ played lights out and lifted the team to another level
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think we are good this year wait until next season. My concern is if another team will make Wade an offer he won't refuse.
Old 12-07-2011   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If you think we are good this year wait until next season. My concern is if another team will make Wade an offer he won't refuse.
Wade has already stated he doesn't want to be a head coach again. Of course that might not mean much if the right offer comes along. But since he's under contract, it would be the Texans decision to let him go.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wade has already stated he doesn't want to be a head coach again. Of course that might not mean much if the right offer comes along. But since he's under contract, it would be the Texans decision to let him go.
Yep. Wade found his home, I think he's here for the duration.

I think it's patently obvious that the success of Wade Phillips this season, along with the continuing success of Kubiak's offense = Kubiak and Wade locked up LONG LONG LONG term. LONG TERM.

I'm talking a decade. Maybe that's hyperbole, but this season was going to be disastrous or wonderful. It's been wonderful, and Bob McNair is going to lock those guys up BIG TIME.

We now have a HC and DC situation that other franchises envy. Bob McNair stuck it out, gutted it out, and it worked. He's smarter than GP.
Old 12-07-2011   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys/Texans Super Bowl!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
How did the refs hand the game to the Saints? I don't remember any outrageous calls. They were the better team that day. Breesus Christ played lights out and lifted the team to another level
1. An uncalled block to the back against the Aints in 2nd quarter that resulted in an 'Aint's touchdown.

2. Two DBs holding A.J.'s JERSEY on a play and refs acting as if "pass interference" were a small town near Albequerque.

3. Saints friendly ball spots on 3rd downs

4. Questionable pass interference calls/non calls all game long.

That game was a vuggin' GIFT!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 12-07-2011   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Cowboys/Texans Super Bowl!
No. The possibility of losing a Superbowl would SUCK, but losing it to the MOST OBNOXIOUS fans in sports who'd NEVER shut the VUGG UP ABOUT it? No thank you.
Old 12-07-2011   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice schedule. I think we match up pretty dang well with the Pack. After it's all said and done, I just want the Texans to with the in Peyton's Place. That would be sooooooo sweet!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read