Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Any idea what playoff tix will be going for?

I have been to the first of about everything for this team so I will be doing what I can to go the first ever playoff game.

If anyone is thinking about selling 1 of their tickets let me know. If you are trying to bank that is OK, just let me know what you are looking for before you throw it up on ebay or something else. I would rather pay someone I know than going the whole ebay/broker route.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Any idea what playoff tix will be going for?

I called the Texans on Monday, they said all playoff tickets for general seating have been completely sold out! She said they hadn't gotten all season ticket holders yet, but felt sure they would.

She said that if there are season ticket holders/psl owners that do not purchase, they would be released to general seating.

Keep an eye out!
Old 12-07-2011   #3
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I too want to go and have been looking here and other places.
I did see a good buy of 2 seats in the 647 section row A for around $450, thats not too bad.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I have been to the first of about everything for this team so I will be doing what I can to go the first ever playoff game.

If anyone is thinking about selling 1 of their tickets let me know. If you are trying to bank that is OK, just let me know what you are looking for before you throw it up on ebay or something else. I would rather pay someone I know than going the whole ebay/broker route.
someone please hookem horns up for everything he's done for this board

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #5
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I called the Texans on Monday, they said all playoff tickets for general seating have been completely sold out! She said they hadn't gotten all season ticket holders yet, but felt sure they would.

She said that if there are season ticket holders/psl owners that do not purchase, they would be released to general seating.

Keep an eye out!
According to Jamie Root this morning on 610, it looks like there will be about 4,000 to 5,000 tickets that will go on sale late this month. Nothing has been sold out yet. Season ticket holders take up 66,000 of the 71,000 seats.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Any idea what playoff tix will be going for?

1. I would like to hear what they are going for in the secondary market - as soon as I hear back from some folks I need to contact some other folks with what I am selling at. I want to be fair, but I also don't want to get robbed myself.

2. Are season ticket holders being offered their seats?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think you will get a good gauge on the market until the playoff seeding is determined.
Old 12-07-2011   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
1. I would like to hear what they are going for in the secondary market - as soon as I hear back from some folks I need to contact some other folks with what I am selling at. I want to be fair, but I also don't want to get robbed myself.

Stubhub has tickets listed starting at $150-$2500 per ticket for the playoffs already.

http://www.stubhub.com/houston-texan...-2012-2781183/
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
Stubhub has tickets listed starting at $150-$2500 per ticket for the playoffs already.

http://www.stubhub.com/houston-texan...-2012-2781183/
Good idea - seats comparable to mine are on there. Looks like any where from double to quadruple face.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-07-2011   #10
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
According to Jamie Root this morning on 610, it looks like there will be about 4,000 to 5,000 tickets that will go on sale late this month. Nothing has been sold out yet. Season ticket holders take up 66,000 of the 71,000 seats.
My rep stated they were gone *shrug*
Old 12-07-2011   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I will set my ticket at the price of 50 trillion dollars so I can pay off the deficit while I sit home and watch the game
Old 12-08-2011   #12
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would imagine that cheap seats will go for 2.5 to 3.5 over face, lower level will hit anywhere from 3 to 6 times face depending on what row it is.
Old 12-08-2011   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
I would imagine that cheap seats will go for 2.5 to 3.5 over face, lower level will hit anywhere from 3 to 6 times face depending on what row it is.
Tickets for the Steelers game were about that 2.5-3x range. I'd imaging our first ever playoff game would be comperable, at least. Just imagine if we faced the steelers in that one... 5-6x range more likely!

That said, we need to keep winning to (a) make the playoffs and (b) have some home games. Here's to being 1st or 2nd Seed!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I think I will set my ticket at the price of 50 trillion dollars......
Old 12-10-2011   #15
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

So since I can't go, I can get twice the price huh?

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011   #16
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

PM'ed.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011   #17
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you are referring to non-psl season ticket holders... The answer is yes.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
If you are referring to non-psl season ticket holders... The answer is yes.
I figured there would be rioting in the streets if the answer was no, but some times you don't know with things like the NFL.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-13-2011   #19
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I sold a pair of Bullpen seats for $600 for the Steelers game. That was over 4 times face. I sold 620's for $275 per pair for the Steelers game, that was almost 4 times face. Playoff tickets are going to be crazy! I am glad I have mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Tickets for the Steelers game were about that 2.5-3x range. I'd imaging our first ever playoff game would be comperable, at least. Just imagine if we faced the steelers in that one... 5-6x range more likely!

That said, we need to keep winning to (a) make the playoffs and (b) have some home games. Here's to being 1st or 2nd Seed!
Old 12-13-2011   #20
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I figured there would be rioting in the streets if the answer was no, but some times you don't know with things like the NFL.
When we got our non-PSL season tickets, they told us we would get the option to buy the playoff tickets if we made it that far; that was one of the main reasons I bought thru the texans vs. the secondary market.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read