Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2011   #21
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We Rally Round the Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think the idea of the song is that the bulls are on a military type parade, not one with a 50ft Bullwinkle.
Right, I figured that, but the word parade is simply too interchangeable with the Macy's day thing to simply expect it to carry the edgy connotation.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #22
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
lol! Lecture? Simply asking people to be informed of the song from which the name derives is a lecture? Wow dude, chill out. People fly off the handle all the time about stuff they don't know about, I'm trying to help inform the masses who may think it's a "gay" name or otherwise. Is it really too much to ask that people listen to a 3 minute song before jumping to conclusions?

I listened to about 30 sec of it and had to turn itip/hop etc type of music. off.

As the fool stated that neg rep me for not liking it stated it is not the 1930's anymore. I am not that old.
But do not like rap/heavy metal/hip hop etc type of music.
It is not the music it is just the "Bulls on Parade" just conjures up dancing cows in some sort of fairy outfits. Probably from watching too many Disney movies with the grandchildren.

Now if you want to thow in some Pentatonix in there . . . .
Old 12-07-2011   #23
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
You give me neg rep because I do not agree with you?
No, because of your offensive backwoods, 1927 southern ass comment.
Old 12-07-2011   #24
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
So being old and southern is bad? Now I'm offended..
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Love the song. Hate the name.

Steel Curtain
House of Pain
Bulls on Parade.

One doesn't fit. It doesn't inspire fear. The song does, but I don't think we'll get Gruden & Tirico to sing it for us on MNF.
This ^^^
Old 12-07-2011   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
So being old and southern is bad? Now I'm offended..
I resemble these remarks.
Old 12-07-2011   #27
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are many backwoods and southern folk on this board, not to mention plenty of offensive posts.
Old 12-07-2011   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Wow!! It's no wonder why I don't spend near as much time here on the message board, nay insult board.

Old 12-07-2011   #29
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Been listening to Rage for three decades, and have seen them three times, save your lecture and stick to shining shoes. It is a lame application for a nickname. As a song to inspire the play on the field and to get the fans raging, yes.
Hey us pro shoe shiners take offense to that!

https://twitter.com/#!/RickyDShine
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #30
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Too many people in here are backwoods hicks whos only exposure to "parade" is what they see on TV during the holidays.

Ever seen a military leader standing on a podium watching his troops march by in formation? That is a parade. It is the original parade. Floats and homosexuals are something that we added in later for entertainment value.

Also this:

Quote:
"Bulls on Parade" addresses the American military-industrial complex, a situation in which industry (the arms industry, primarily) urges government to take military action, with the intent of obtaining military contracts, to thereby increase its revenue. The idiom "bulls on parade" refers to a bull market. The symbol may also mean the muscularity of American responses to complex problems; we act like mad bulls on dress parade rather than negotiating or using less violent strategies. Also the verse, "They rally around the family, with a pocket full of shells" could refer to the composer's belief that American politicians in both parties represent the family as an integral part of their policies, but in actuality they use this as a "scarecrow" tactic because they really have pockets full of ammo ("shells") catering to the military-industrial complex.
Ignoring the negative aspects, the thought of a bunch of "mad bulls on dress parade" solving their problems by brute force is very fitting for this defense.

Put aside your gay pride hang-ups and try to remember that parades are a military matter at heart.

I have no problem at all with the defense being nicknamed "Bulls on Parade". I actually really like it.. because it brings to mind a bunch of bulls stomping through the streets and lording over the lesser folks . Plus it has a fitting song attached to it.

Sure you could name the defense "Spiked bulls of bloody painful death hitting darkness" or something similar... but i find those kinds of names to be less "cool" and more "middle aged man trying too hard to be cool".
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #31
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 3435 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't get behind Bulls on Parade, it just doesn't work. It doesn't make a strong enough statement and as has been seen above it takes too much explanation to get someone to understand it.

I agree the song has that fire up aspect to it, the name just doesn't fit. This is my opinion on it. Just in case someone wanted to know and even if you didn't
Kgbmedic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #32
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by grid View Post
too many people in here are backwoods hicks whos only exposure to "parade" is what they see on tv during the holidays.

Ever seen a military leader standing on a podium watching his troops march by in formation? That is a parade. It is the original parade. Floats and homosexuals are something that we added in later for entertainment value.

Also this:

Ignoring the negative aspects, the thought of a bunch of "mad bulls on dress parade" solving their problems by brute force is very fitting for this defense.

Put aside your gay pride hang-ups and try to remember that parades are a military matter at heart.

i have no problem at all with the defense being nicknamed "bulls on parade". I actually really like it.. Because it brings to mind a bunch of bulls stomping through the streets and lording over the lesser folks :d. Plus it has a fitting song attached to it.

sure you could name the defense "spiked bulls of bloody painful death hitting darkness" or something similar... But i find those kinds of names to be less "cool" and more "middle aged man trying too hard to be cool".
This ^^^^^^ Exactly what I wanted to post, but much more eloquenty put.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Bulls on Parade sucks. Horribly. Really badly sucks.

Oh, and Grams, I gave you some rep to make up for whoever the heck it was that neg repped you for expressing your opinion.

Edit: Well, I tried to rep you Grams, msr.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #34
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Love RATM. Love the Texans D.

HATE trying to put the 2 together. This is one really valid reason why players should stay off Twitter during the season. This is worse than what Arian Foster did.

Not to mention, when fans or players try to force these nicknames, consider it a lap around the shark. Full-on shark-jumping occurs when the media starts picking up on these stupid names.

John Facenda would have never uttered these words. He'll be spinning in his grave if this stupid name ends up on a highlight reel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Oh, and Grams, I gave you some rep to make up for whoever the heck it was that neg repped you for expressing your opinion.

Got 'em.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #35
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 11677 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Great song. Good nickname...
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #36
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I got him for ya
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #37
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You give me neg rep because I do not agree with you?
Or because it's a homophobic, offensive statement?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lame. Simply lame to neg rep someone for not liking what you like or having a different opinion, it's not like he was nasty about it.

Quote:
I listened to about 30 sec of it and had to turn itip/hop etc type of music. off.

As the fool stated that neg rep me for not liking it stated it is not the 1930's anymore. I am not that old.
But do not like rap/heavy metal/hip hop etc type of music.
It is not the music it is just the "Bulls on Parade" just conjures up dancing cows in some sort of fairy outfits. Probably from watching too many Disney movies with the grandchildren.

Now if you want to thow in some Pentatonix in there . . . .
Hopefully my positive rep will offset homeboy's.
Old 12-07-2011   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care for it personally, won't use it, and hope the search continues. We can do better than this.
Old 12-07-2011   #40
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ahhhh sheeyite!!!! It's on now!!!!

Betta watch that southern stuff...........

Anyway I don't care for Rage Against the Machine in general as I find thier Socialist/Marxist lyrics to be stupid/funny considering they probably make millions of dollars from it. I must admit that I don't know much about them because I'm kind of partial to capitalism, so maybe they give all thier money away. However if you want to sound like you're the leader of a revolution against the worlds remaining super power I doubt you sing about it........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read