Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2011   #41
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to Sign Jeff Garcia as Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Man oh man!!!! If Garcia is lucky enough to pull that then I definitely want that kind of luck on my team. Eventually it has to turn into a Super Bowl right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
You can call it luck if you like.

I'm sure El Jefe would tell you it's all about confidence and making something out of nothing.

talks and BS walks. It's it and that's that.
Some one needs to make a cowpie smilie, btw.
Old 12-06-2011   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans release Clemens sign Jeff Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Does anyone know if Delhomme and Garcia are even mentor type players?

They could both be 'holes that only care about themselves.

Now that doesn't sound like the type of player the Texans usually sign but something in the back of my mind thinks Garcia has stated previously he only wants to be in a situation where he could be the man..... I might be misremembering.

You would expect however Garcia to learn a system faster than Clemens just based on experience.
I saw Delhomme next to Yates after the TD and seemed to be giving feedback not just congratulations..
Old 12-06-2011   #43
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
talks and BS walks. It's it and that's that.
While I don't disagree with that, Carmella could have had anyone she wanted.

El Jefe outkicked his coverage.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #44
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

edit...

folks cant appreciate anything..

Last edited by Premier; 12-06-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #45
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I raise your pic

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #46
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #47
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

pics raised???? find the rest of this pic of carmella and enjoy...

Old 12-06-2011   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I raise your pic

Tried to rep you, but MSR!
Old 12-06-2011   #49
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

pm link to that
Old 12-06-2011   #50
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Tried to rep you, but MSR!
msr? I msr?
Old 12-06-2011   #51
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if Jeff Garcia never plays a down for us he's already made a great contribution to this message board. Great job buddy!!!

Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #52
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL.

I guess Garcia and his agent reduced their asking price.

Glad to see this being done. Was verrrrrry shaky on the idea of Clemens being on the roster at all, and now we have two veteran guys to pool from if Yates gets injured.

On the topic of trying out punters, Matt Turk IS a candidate you say? It's a done deal. Gary wants familiarity any way he can get it (see: David Anderson). The Turk is gonna' be back, guys. Bank on it.
By the way, I'm not pulling a "Bob is cheap" or a "Kubiak wants his buddies back with him!" stunt.

I'm saying that the PUNTER is not as important as QB, and if Gary can sign a known commodity to the position of punter...then it's a quick and easy choice he can make, allowing him to go and fry bigger fish that need his attention.

At this stage, he needs all the peace of mind he can be given. This Sunday is playoffs. We can get to the playoffs THIS SUNDAY.
Old 12-06-2011   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
msr? I msr?
"Must Spread Rep before giving it to ThaJokaa"
Old 12-06-2011   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
By the way, I'm not pulling a "Bob is cheap" or a "Kubiak wants his buddies back with him!" stunt.
That would be a first!!!

I kid, I kid!!
Old 12-06-2011   #55
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Does anyone know if Delhomme and Garcia are even mentor type players?

They could both be 'holes that only care about themselves.

Now that doesn't sound like the type of player the Texans usually sign but something in the back of my mind thinks Garcia has stated previously he only wants to be in a situation where he could be the man..... I might be misremembering.

You would expect however Garcia to learn a system faster than Clemens just based on experience.
During most of the game you would see Delhomme right next to Kubiak and everytime Yates came over there was Delhomme which looked like he was inputting on the conversation. I liked what I saw from Delhomme and what he seemed to be supporting.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #56
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang. Burn on Clemens.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #57
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
pics raised???? find the rest of this pic of carmella and enjoy...

Fake and photoshopped.

Old 12-06-2011   #58
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I asked her if it was photshopped but she wouldn't say anything and said her lips were sealed
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #59
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
there are some very non-PG photos of carmella floating around.. let me just say this ina very PG way.. her whispering eye is flawless..

keywords: jeff garcia wife phone zap

Obviously, you don't know Carmella. Her "whispering eye" has been known to roar. It can be "shut up", but it takes a special man.
Old 12-06-2011   #60
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty Cool. Hope he can help TJ.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read