Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Thanksgiving 2012---Texans @ Lions?

Bull Butter

Practice Squad
It's being speculated quite a bit over on the506 message boards since the Texans play the NFC North next season and it's CBS's turn to have the Lions on Turkey day

Who else does Detroit play at home?

It will either be us or the Colts that get the Thanksgiving day game. CBS is getting it, which means it's an AFC game, and we and the Colts are the two AFC teams they play at home next year.

Wouldn't be surprised either way it goes.

I'd imagine the NFL will avoid putting too many Indy games in prime time just in case Peyton's neck doesn't cut it.

I had a feeling it would be the Texans when i looked at next year's schedule. Hope it is. Thanksgiving football is great. On top of that, the Texans probably get one or two Sunday and Monday Night Games.

I would rather see the Texans play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving in 2014 than I would the Lions in 2012. But I would definately take both.

Updated to 2014

Last edited:
I don't want us to have any Thursday games.
I hate that short week of recovery/preparation.
Hate it.

I don't want us to have any Thursday games.
I hate that short week of recovery/preparation.
Hate it.
And the *********s in the scheduling dept. would probably have us playing on the Monday night before... :tinfoil: :overreact:

Sheeeit. I want the Season Opening Thursday night game: Packers vs Texans in Reliant! Match up of the two Superbowl teams with the packers wanting revenge.:fans:

Back