Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-06-2011   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Houston Texans Grille

Have any of you been to the Houston Texans Grille in City Center? I was thinking about going to watch the game there this Sunday. Just wondering what to expect, can't really find too much information online.

Good selection of beer? Enough TVs to be able to watch the game anywhere in the establishment?

My buddy was saying you have to get there like 3 hours before the game to get a seat or something crazy like that.
Old 12-06-2011   #2
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans Grille

Probably cuz it's new and opened right as our team is better then they have ever been! If u go, report back and let us know if u can really watch the game!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #3
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I went for the ATL game, the atmosphere is GREAT. At 1st it was a bit empty around 11, but at 12 it got packed! Standing room only! Pre-game, the music playing is horrible, but come game time they play good music that goes with whats happening in the game. (During commercials of course, they let the game audio play so its like if youre at home watching it) Their sound system is great also. People there are friendly for the most part including the servers. Food is good, some items are a bit over priced.

I'll be there on Sunday again with friends if anybody wants to join in. Just shoot me a pm for my #. We'll be in the lounge area most likely, for the Bengals game and the rest of the season.

Anything more you want to know?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #4
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 410 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

I was there for the ATL game as well, they open at 9 am on game days. I got there around 11:30 and was seated in the back table areas. Those tables didn't fill up til about 12-12:30. They also have a small outside seating area that some people filled in around 1:30. There was a little turn around on tables during the game, but not much.

I read somewhere that they kind of labeled themselves as a gastropub, which basically means the place sells high end beer and food. They have an extensive menu, I had a deep fried cheeseburger that was amazing! Saw quite a few of them going out to tables near mine as well, but they had all kinds of stuff on the menu as well.

Like ThaJokaa said, it got pretty packed, and the bar area (shaped like a football) was standing room only. The atmosphere was great tho, me and a few buddies have been hitting up different spots for every game this whole season, from Brick House, Hooters, Twin Peaks, Buffalo Wild Wings, Christian's Tailgate, Chula's, Wings N More, and 360 Sports Lounge and we all agreed that we preferred the Texan's Grille, even tho the waitresses aren't scantily clad. =)

You can't really beat sitting around a couple hundred Texan's fans. They do their best to keep the crowds pumped up with little contests during commercials, play some pretty good music during the commercials, and a guy running around with a "swag bag" tossing things out to the crowd.

They have what I would call a fairly good beer selection. About 20-30 if I remember correctly. The place is completely loaded with TVs, and I really liked that they have small signs underneath each one with the team logo of the game that will be on each TV, so you can be sure you are in a good spot to watch any games you might be interested in, but I would say at least half the TVs in the place were set to the Texan's game. They also have a two way type mirror that allows you to continue watching the game at the bar while at the urinal.

My only complaint is that I live in Pasadena, so it is a bit of a drive for me. That said tho, I'm likely to be there for the rest of the games this season regardless.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #5
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 410 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

http://texansgrille.g3restaurants.com/

Just found the link to the website, has the menu with prices, and list of beers.

And ThaJokaa, I saw the lounge area on the way out, how is the seating/service there? I assumed that area was for private groups and what not.
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #6
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

I went last night.

The place is incredible. I was worried it would be tacky but it was done very nice.

Food was ok and considering it was a nice place prices are fair.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #7
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been thinking about checking this place out along with Brick House. Sounds like it's the place to be!
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Previous thread: Houston Texans Grille Opening
Old 12-07-2011   #9
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
http://texansgrille.g3restaurants.com/

Just found the link to the website, has the menu with prices, and list of beers.

And ThaJokaa, I saw the lounge area on the way out, how is the seating/service there? I assumed that area was for private groups and what not.
Service there was excellent, they came around at the right times to see if you needed anything. People were friendly also. After the game I walked around give High 5s to people around the bar.

I tipped my server 45% cuz she did a great job.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #10
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Service there was excellent, they came around at the right times to see if you needed anything. People were friendly also. After the game I walked around give High 5s to people around the bar.

I tipped my server 45% cuz she did a great job.
As a former waitress I will say that THAT is awesome!
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read