Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hannah Storm a Texans Fan podcast

http://old.houstontexans.com/news/Po...UTO=Y&EID=1765
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hannah Storm a Texans Fan podcast

I listened to that last night. Pretty cool to have someone on our side up in Yankee-land.

I remember Hannah from when my wife and I first got together back in the mid 80's and we'd watch every Rockets game. She gave the in-game and post-game sports updates and always looked like she was manic and coked out. We used to laugh about that.

I was surprised to start seeing her on ESPN recently.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I listened to that last night. Pretty cool to have someone on our side up in Yankee-land.

I remember Hannah from when my wife and I first got together back in the mid 80's and we'd watch every Rockets game. She gave the in-game and post-game sports updates and always looked like she was manic and coked out. We used to laugh about that.

I was surprised to start seeing her on ESPN recently.
There's another ESPN anchor that is from UH and a Texans fan, though I can't remember his name. Something Rodriguez, IIRC.
Old 12-06-2011   #4
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Like a fine wine, she gets better with age.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
There's another ESPN anchor that is from UH and a Texans fan, though I can't remember his name. Something Rodriguez, IIRC.
Yeah, I think they mention him in the podcast.

And then there's old Ron Franklin doing the college games. I remember him as the sportscaster on the news in Houston when I was a teenager.
Old 12-06-2011   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post

Like a fine wine, she gets better with age.
She said she's got ... 5 kids, iirc.

Pretty good shape after 5 kids.
Old 12-06-2011   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hannah Storm:

Old 12-06-2011   #8
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think she's funny lookin' but the fact that she knows sports like the back of her hand makes her sexy.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Bandwagon.
Old 12-06-2011   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Bandwagon.
It's starting to get full. Got a few comments at the gym yesterday when I wore my Texans work out shirt. Cowboys fans were admirin.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bandwagon.
She IS a Native Houstonian. Who's to say she hasn't been a Texan fan all along?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 12-06-2011   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bandwagon.
Well, except for the fact that she spent a fair amount of time here working for 97 Rock and doing the Astros and Rockets halftime and post game shows. In other words, this was her first gig in a large market and maybe she feels a little sentimental.

Is Jim Nance a bandwaggoner?
Old 12-06-2011   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
She IS a Native Houstonian. Who's to say she hasn't been a Texan fan all along?
Sorry to correct you my brother from another mother. She's from Illinois, but like I said, she spent a fair amount of time here which launched her National career.
Old 12-06-2011   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sorry to correct you my brother from another mother. She's from Illinois, but like I said, she spent a fair amount of time here which launched her National career.
DID NOT KNOW she was from Illinois. Thanks Bill
Old 12-06-2011   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
DID NOT KNOW she was from Illinois. Thanks Bill
I thought it was ....... "Damn it Bill!" ^^^^^^^^^^
Old 12-06-2011   #16
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hannah used to work here in Corpus Christi for rock station C101 back in the 80's. I used to call in requests to her back in the day. When I first saw here on tv and heard the name Hannah Storm I knew it had to be her because there just can't be 2 Hannah Storms. Very unusual name.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #17
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It's starting to get full. Got a few comments at the gym yesterday when I wore my Texans work out shirt. Cowboys fans were admirin.
Cowboys fans are the typical sports bandwagoner. I was talking to one the other day that was admiring Cushing and comparing him to Romanowski and how Cushing is making him into a fan. That was so two years ago...
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Is Jim Nance a bandwaggoner?
I don't know, has he been claiming the Texans as his team all along? Like Mike Greenberg does the Jets?

Nance aside, you're starting to see national media types positioning themselves to get Texans assignments because the Texans are looking like playoffs. It's all about on air time.
Old 12-06-2011   #19
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Robert Flores

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #20
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Hannah Storm a Texans Fan podcast

I forgot about her being with 97 rock.....my favorite rock station ever in Houston.......that station was great......with MOBY....used to have that bumper sticker on my car.......

She is a good sportscaster....good to have someone who is nationally known a hometown fan.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read