Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bob Costas Gives Respect to Texans

He points out the fact that every team has been on Sunday Night Football except Texans. Says Texans will appear next, and possibly on the Superbowl. Heard on the radio this evening. Loads pretty slow.

http://www.red94.net/paying-respect-due/7698/
TexansBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #2
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob Costas Gives Respect to Texans

Yeah he said that before the saints lions game yesterday. It's amazing what happens when you win games huh.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Suhh wheat!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #4
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

According to Costas the Texans are the only current NFL team not to have appeared on Sunday Night Football but hinted that would change next year.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #5
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

It has seemed that NBC has made us 'prove that we are worthy to be on the network, which is fine by me because I like good old fashioned noon games better anyways.

That being said, I can't stand Bob Costas. He is a pretentious, self-righteous windbag who thinks he knows more than everyone else. Every time I listen to his Sunday night halftime 'musings' I can't help but want to vomit from listening to his drivel. He reminds me of a more well spoken Tony Kornheiser, but definitely as clueless and every bit as vitriolic.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish it would change this year!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #7
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I can't stand Bob Costas. He is a pretentious, self-righteous windbag who thinks he knows more than everyone else. Every time I listen to his Sunday night halftime 'musings' I can't help but want to vomit from listening to his drivel. He reminds me of a more well spoken Tony Kornheiser, but definitely as clueless and every bit as vitriolic.
I get why you'd think of him as pretentious.

But vitriolic?

Costas, by all accounts I've heard, is actually a very nice guy.

He may come off as a know-it-all because he damned near does.

He's always been one of my favorite broadcasters.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2011   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont want no stinkin respect ..... I want a

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
It has seemed that NBC has made us 'prove that we are worthy to be on the network, which is fine by me because I like good old fashioned noon games better anyways.

That being said, I can't stand Bob Costas. He is a pretentious, self-righteous windbag who thinks he knows more than everyone else. Every time I listen to his Sunday night halftime 'musings' I can't help but want to vomit from listening to his drivel. He reminds me of a more well spoken Tony Kornheiser, but definitely as clueless and every bit as vitriolic.
Co-signed.
He should stick to baseball.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!

Only night game I want is on FEB 5th, 2012!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

He may come off as a know-it-all because he damned near does.
For somebody in sports media, Costas is one of the few who's a really bright individual.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #12
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
He points out the fact that every team has been on Sunday Night Football except Texans. Says Texans will appear next, and possibly on the Superbowl. Heard on the radio this evening. Loads pretty slow.

He must have been referring to NBC's Sunday Night Football. We've been on Sunday Night when it was with ESPN.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't like night games, Sunday, Monday or Thursday, and I don't like afternoon games on Sunday either. I would like all football games to start at noon Sunday. As to Bob Costas, can't stand him and I don't care what he thinks about the Texans, good or bad.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
He must have been referring to NBC's Sunday Night Football. We've been on Sunday Night when it was with ESPN.
Yeah, he meant on NBC but didn't specify it. We did Sunday night a few times before....remember getting dismantled at home by Seattle...........that was a Sunday night game if I remember right a few years ago.

Texans have been on every time slot possible for an NFL game once before (minus any post season spots of course)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Old 12-06-2011   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

FVCK Bob Costas! I lost all respect for that little punk muff-hugga when the Rockets won their first title and he spent the entire series acting as if they didn't belong in the same arena as the mighty Knicks. He was noticibly crest fallen when they lost and did NOTHING to hide it. That vuggin' elf can kiss my natral blagg-azz.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
FVCK Bob Costas! I lost all respect for that little punk muff-hugga when the Rockets won their first title and he spent the entire series acting as if they didn't belong in the same arena as the mighty Knicks. He was noticibly crest fallen when they lost and did NOTHING to hide it. That vuggin' elf can kiss my natral blagg-azz.
C'mon Dread, no reason to hold back.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post

The version on TexansChick's blog loads pretty quickly: Here: TexansChick Blog
Old 12-06-2011   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Yeah, he meant on NBC but didn't specify it. We did Sunday night a few times before....remember getting dismantled at home by Seattle...........that was a Sunday night game if I remember right a few years ago.

Texans have been on every time slot possible for an NFL game once before (minus any post season spots of course)
That game was actually in Seattle. And yes, it was a Sunday nighter.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Costas needs to stick to interviewing his ice-dancing partner Dick Button:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...ture106.png?o=

Nice bootiess, Dick!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read