Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #1
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNair says AJ back in a couple weeks.

Didn't see this posted yet, but FWIW McNair says AJ will be back in a couple weeks.

http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/05/ho...?sct=nfl_t2_a4
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair says AJ back in a couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Didn't see this posted yet, but FWIW McNair says AJ will be back in a couple weeks.
I don't want to get into the playoffs (or a must-win game with the Titans) only to have him unavailable because they rushed him back too soon.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not counting on it.

This injury looked just like his last one. I didn't think that one would be 2-3 weeks like the FO was saying either.

I think WR is a 1st-round concern now.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

When we play our first playoff game, we need to do the right thing and make sure AJs jersey gets retired at halftime.

Seriously though, I want him playing in the playoff games. He deserves it more than anyone.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #5
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't know mcnair had xray vision.. his opinion on what he hopes to happen means nothing.. 330s press confrence will tell us everything.. go fix the turf mcnair...
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm not counting on it.

This injury looked just like his last one. I didn't think that one would be 2-3 weeks like the FO was saying either.

I think WR is a 1st-round concern now.
Not if we can find one in free agency or through a trade and get a quality guy. There were a lot of good options last off season. I'd like to use one more draft to keep building this defense into a powerhouse for years to come. We definitely need an upgrade at WR though.

AJ's injury is a bad hamstring injury. It seems he has caught one of those that just lingers on and on. It's hard to expect him at 100% at any point in this season at this point.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #7
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Not if we can find one in free agency or through a trade and get a quality guy. There were a lot of good options last off season. I'd like to use one more draft to keep building this defense into a powerhouse for years to come. We definitely need an upgrade at WR though.

AJ's injury is a bad hamstring injury. It seems he has caught one of those that just lingers on and on. It's hard to expect him at 100% at any point in this season at this point.
He injured his right leg yesterday. He had surgery earlier this season on his left leg hamstring.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2011   #8
Vinnie
with an I E

Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like he's buying what AJ's selling him to me, that it's not as bad as the previous injury. If that does turn out to be the case, I say sit him for the rest of the season and let him heal. I think we can secure the division pretty handily at this point with him out of the lineup.
Old 12-05-2011   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Make that 2 bad hamstring injuries. His last injury was his right hamstring. This is his left.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #10
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Sit him until the Titans game.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Make that 2 bad hamstring injuries. His last injury was his right hamstring. This is his left.
I'd sit him until the playoffs then.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #12
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Sit him until the Titans game.
And even then, only if it's a must-win. If it's not a must-win and the Texans have already clinched the division before then, then rest him until the playoffs.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Some caller on 790 this morning (Matt & Adam's show) referenced
Dre as "Black Yao." God I hope that guy is wrong.
Old 12-05-2011   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Yao in his respective sport never had the talent level that AJ has in his. I don't think anyone would consider Yao one of the top 5 greats at his position, but that can easily be said with AJ, even when hurt.

But i do hope the trend stops with AJ getting hurt like Yao though.
Old 12-05-2011   #15
Vinnie
with an I E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
No comparison in my mind. Yao's problems were that he was just too freakishly big for his foot bones. Andre seems to just have some bad luck.
Old 12-05-2011   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Sit him until the playoff game after the Bronco's.
Fixed that for you.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There will be several FA Wr's available next yr.

Colston and Meachem, only 1 will be re-signed.

D. Jackson, V.Jackson, D.Bowe etc...

This is the way I would get the WR2. Also it's a very good yr for WR's in the draft. You could probably draft a guy like Rishard Matthews (who I really like) from Nevada. Or Jarius Wright from Arkansas in the 4th rd. (Really good value.)

One more defensive heavy draft would put this defense over the top. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
One more defensive heavy draft would put this defense over the top. IMHO
I don't think the offense can afford another defense heavy draft. This next draft will need more parity, which is fine because this is the most parity we've seen between both sides of the ball ever.
Old 12-05-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I don't think the offense can afford another defense heavy draft. This next draft will need more parity, which is fine because this is the most parity we've seen between both sides of the ball ever.
Agreed.
Old 12-05-2011   #20
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can secure a first round bye in the playoffs that would of course be the best thing. It would give everyone on the team some rest, and God knows they need it. If we could do that it would mean we won most if not all of our last games and would be an auspicious start for TJ.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read