Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2011   #61
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

Adjustment. Phillips and Kubiak will do adjustments to each team "up next". We should win out the season.
Old 12-06-2011   #62
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

They beat the Browns 23-20. We beat them 27-13. We were home though.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #63
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I don't see what's so scary about this game. Bengals have looked trash against real teams. I thought the falcons game was a bit more tougher but still thought we would win. I see no excuse not to win this one and we should have that mentality.
I was very impressed with the Falcons. They are going to make the playoffs and I think have a good chance of winning a game or two. Cincy's not close to that, and does not have the matchup problems that the Falcons had. It's always tough to win on the road, but the Texans should take this game easily. "Should" being the prevailing word.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said it before.... Throw the ball early and often. Obviously we won't have AJ, but you can still make some throws down the field early and prevent them from loading "the box".... [Entrance... a running game]..

If the Texans can do this, even without AJ.... We win yet another game! Which is my bet (for entertainment points - i.e. "diet cokes *thanks to @Woolybee....
Old 12-07-2011   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedSnoop View Post
Some people post tha dumbest things on here. "I think we will beat Cincy but I don't see us winning out" Lmfao! Who is possibly gonna beat us if Cincy can't? Tha Falcons and Bengals were tha only two games I was worried about and we handled Atlanta last week, let's get Cincy too. Go Texans!

9-3!
Carolina and Cam Newton is one game. We've not faced an athlete of his capabilities at QB this year. I worry that we won't keep him bottled up in the pocket. And even if we do, unlike Tebow, he can actually throw. And Steve Smith has given us fits in the past.

A desperate Titans team struggling to get that last wild card spot is the other. If they're still in the race, they'll pull out all the stops to stay alive.

And there's always the possibility that we have an off day. They've been playing at a pretty high level for a couple of months. So for us to have a down day somewhere along the way is not an impossibility.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Carolina and Cam Newton is one game. We've not faced an athlete of his capabilities at QB this year. I worry that we won't keep him bottled up in the pocket. And even if we do, unlike Tebow, he can actually throw. And Steve Smith has given us fits in the past.
& Cam hasn't faced anything like what we're bringing. I think it's going to be a good game. & watching TJ throw that deep ball with accuracy, throwing on the move with accuracy... it's going to be a damn good game.

We're going to be able to run the ball, no question, on Carolina. We'll take our shots. If we can force them to punt a couple of times early in the game, Barwin & Co. may have another career day.
Old 12-07-2011   #67
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

panthers are 8th in points per game, 5th in total yards, 8th in passing yards, and 5th in rushing yards.

they've played jaguars(7th ppg D), bears(9th), falcons(10th), and titans(6th).

they only scored 16 on jags(W), 29 on bears(L), 17 on falcons(L), and 3 on titans(L).
Old 12-07-2011   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Cincinnati Bengals are in third place in the AFC North but even so they are in decent Wild Card positioning with a 6-4 record in the conference. The Bengals are 3-2 at home and lost last week at Pittsburgh but even so they have had a surprisingly strong year. Andy Dalton has completed 59.2 percent of his passes for 2,644 yards with 17 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Cedric Benson has rushed for 792 yards and five touchdowns as he’s averaging 3.9 yards per carry. A.J. Green has 50 catches for 832 yards and seven touchdowns, Jermaine Gresham has 40 catches, and Jerome Simpson has 36 catches. Defensively the Bengals have 31 sacks, 13 fumble recoveries, and six interceptions with a minus one turnover ratio while they allow 306.7 yards and 20.8 points per game. Reggie Nelson and Thomas Howard have 66 tackles each and Rey Maualuga has 65 tackles. With Dalton and Green being rookies and leading the offense the Bengals have leaned heavily on their defense this season.

The Houston Texans lead the AFC South and have won six games in a row. Houston has dealt with a series of injuries all season long but they continue to overcome them and have the top record in the AFC. With Matt Schaub gone for the year and Andre Johnson out again for this one the Texans will need to hold it together once again. T.J. Yates has taken over at QB where he has completed 50 percent of his passes with a touchdown and no interceptions. Arian Foster has made up for the game she missed earlier as he has rushed for 916 yards and eight touchdowns while Ben Tate has rushed for 753 yards. Owen Daniels has 44 catches, Foster has 41, and Jacoby Jones has 22. Defensively Houston has 35 sacks, eight fumble recoveries, and 17 interceptions with a plus 12 turnover ratio and they are allowing 274.1 yards and 15.8 points. Brian Cushing has 82 tackles, Glover Quin has 58 tackles, and Connor Barwin has 8.5 sacks. The Houston defense have been the difference makers for the Texans this year.
link

Especially interesting and crucial to the game outcome, I believe, will be the battle between A J Green and Jo Jo. A J has not looked all that great against "elite" corners. Jo Jo I am sure will be looking to showing the Bengals they screwed up when they turned him loose to the Texans. Unlike, the Dunta loss from the Texans which we have for the most forgotten (as the Falcons probably would also like to forget), Sunday will be a cruel reminder to the Bengals of their loss of Jo Jo.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 12-07-2011 at 11:07 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #69
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems that the Bengals' D has had some decent success in handling the inside runs, but has had a great deal of problems dealing with the OUTSIDE run. Hopefully, Kubiak recognizes and adjusts our run game accordingly.

Clements MAY be back from a hamstring (we all know how that may go), but even if he returns he likely will be somewhat "limited." The rest of the CB corps is not exactly elite.
Old 12-07-2011   #70
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It seems that the Bengals' D has had some decent success in handling the inside runs, but has had a great deal of problems dealing with the OUTSIDE run. Hopefully, Kubiak recognizes and adjusts our run game accordingly.

Clements MAY be back from a hamstring (we all know how that may go), but even if he returns he likely will be somewhat "limited." The rest of the CB corps is not exactly elite.
Jean, I'm gonna go out on a skinny limb here and say I think Kubes has a handle on it.

Can't wait to find out. C'mon Sunday!

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #71
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedSnoop View Post
Some people post tha dumbest things on here. "I think we will beat Cincy but I don't see us winning out" Lmfao! Who is possibly gonna beat us if Cincy can't?

9-3!
Who can possibly beat us if Cincy can't? Three teams:

Panthers
Colts
Titans

Any given Sunday. They better not start believing the headlines.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #72
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, Cincy's QB has a bruised hip. Could cause some mobility and throwing issues. I think they just lost their two starting rookie d-tackles. All should help somewhat.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #73
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Pat Sims to IR

Quote:
Defensive tackle Pat Sims was placed on injured reserve Wednesday, ending his season. Sims had been a regular part of the eight-man line rotation that has been a success for the Bengals this season but two different injuries to his left ankle in less than a week put the Bengals in a position to seek a replacement.

“It just wasn’t going to come around with what Pat had,” said head coach Marvin Lewis. “The one (injury) kind of healed up, but then it masked the true injury.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...s|text|Bengals

Sims on IR, No Leon Hall...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #74
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect to see the Texans dominate the LOS on offense and pound the ball down the Bungles throats ..... sprinkled with some play action when they decide to take shots down the field. Thats what they do and thats what they'll continue to do.

Defensively I expect the Texans to be able to stop the run early and force Cincy into a lot of 3rd and long situations. No QB wants to be in that situation much less a rookie QB.
I also expect them to be able to generate a lot of pressure on Dalton. I think the Texans defense is as good or better than the one Cincy faced last week ..... I could easily see 4+ sacks and a couple picks by Dalton.

If they can limit the big plays and win the turnover battle the Texans should win this game.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #75
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
KUBIAK ON DALTON: Texans head coach Gary Kubiak had some high praise for Andy Dalton, comparing him at one point to Brett Favre.

“He obviously threw the ball a lot more than Brett did coming out but just the way you watched him play the games, the way you watched him find a way to win, find a way to make a play,” Kubiak said. “That’s what it’s all about in this league. You’ve got to be able to improvise and he can definitely do that. I don’t see any throws he hasn’t been able to make. I’ve got one in my mind down in Seattle where he moved to his left and hit (AJ) Green down the middle of the field. I see him making every throw you need to make and that’s all that matters.”

Dalton grew up only 10 minutes from where the Texans play, so Kubiak got to see a lot of him in high school and also at TCU.

Added Kubiak: “He’s a winner. You watch him play and he makes all of the throws, he buys himself time, he bails his team out of tough situations in terms of protections and those types of things. I just love the way he competes. I think Jay (Gruden) has done a tremendous job with him there. When you’re watching young players play at that level it’s fun to watch.”

Even though he grew up in the Houston area, Dalton said there was nothing extra special about facing the Texans. With the temperature hovering one degree above freezing though on Wednesday, Dalton was asked if he had any experience playing in cold weather. Dalton said the coldest game he was a part of was during his junior year when TCU played at Air Force
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...s|text|Bengals

Did Dalton grow up in Katy?

If he did, that is not ten minutes from where the Texans play...Well unless they are saying 10 minutes from the city of Houston...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #76
rafterticket
Veteran

Talking Re: Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

There is no reason to believe the Texans cannot win this game! Have some kool aid and dive in! 10-3, baby!
Old 12-08-2011   #77
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Although this was in a fantasy section of CBS Sports, the stats presented are solid.......and support the premise that Dalton will not thrive.

Quote:
Ride the pine ...

Andy Dalton (vs. Houston) -- Dalton has been a pleasant surprise this year and is quietly a top 13 quarterback. He has been a solid start more often than not, but this week I would stay away from him and take my shot with Carson Palmer, Grossman or even Matt Hasselbeck. Dalton takes on the Houston Texans and if the Texans can do one thing, it is shut down opposing quarterbacks. The Texans give up just 11.33 points per game to signal callers, second fewest in the NFL and of late they have been criminally good. In their last six games only one quarterback has reached 200 yards passing or double-digit points against them and it was Matt Ryan (267 yards), who had just 13 points. In those games, they are giving up just 7.5 points per game with five passing scores allowed and 11 interceptions. Even more amazing is that they are giving up a league low 45.4 percent completion rate and are allowing a league low 4.8 yards per attempt during this streak. The Texans are relying on their dominating defense and ground game to win games and they will employ that formula against the Bengals as well. That shortens the game and limits the chances for Dalton to make big plays, which is why I am expecting very modest totals from him. Why take the chance with Dalton when only three quarterbacks all year have topped 200 yards versus the Texans, only two have thrown for multiple touchdowns and only one, Brees, has produced 20-plus points against them. Dalton has been solid, but has only one game of 20-plus points in his last eight and does not have multiple passing scores in three straight. I would take my shot with someone else in this critical week and there are plenty of less-heralded quarterbacks, like the ones mentioned above, who have great upside for you this week. (Projection Snapshot: 213 yards passing with one TD and one INT)
link
Old 12-08-2011   #78
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 66454 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It seems that the Bengals' DI has had some decent success in handling the inside runs, but has had a great deal of problems dealing with the OUTSIDE run. Hopefully, Kubiak recognizes and adjusts our run game accordingly.

I don't know, it seems like the Steelers were taking care of business pretty well inside on them. I could see Tate taking it to them inside like that and having a big day.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #79
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Dalton is 0-4 and barely a .500 passer with four touchdowns and seven picks in games against Pittsburgh (first in fewest yards allowed) twice, Baltimore (third) and San Francisco (fourth).
Old 12-08-2011   #80
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

JJ Watt to Andy: "I'm b-a-a-a-c-k and your ass is mine!"

Throw me one, mister!

Where you think you goin'? I'm gonna git ya, sucka!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read