Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #41
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Re: Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

I didn't watch the Bengals v Steelers game, but from I what I read the game was actually a lot closer than the score indicated. A lot of early mistakes put the Bengals in a hole early.

Every game in the NFL is a tough game, there are no easy wins. 1-0 Sunday
Old 12-05-2011   #42
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Hey somebody with some Texans hook ups remind the defense that it was Cincy that laid down for the Jets 2 years ago that knocked the Texans out of playoff contention...

Maybe they can extract a bit of revenge on them and keep them losing....

Exactly. I hope we beat the living shit out of this team.

I like Dalton though.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #43
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Cincy is a pretty good team with their backs against the wall, coming off a loss, at home.

If there is a logical loss out there for us this is probably it, but if we get past this game we could win out.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't you like to see JJ and Walter finally step up and be WRs?
Old 12-05-2011   #45
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

They're 3-2 at home.

I think the Falcons are a better team than the Bengals, but since it's at Cincy, I think it's a tossup.
Old 12-06-2011   #46
Iceman16
Veteran

Rep Power: 372 Iceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Their defense has looked like shit since Leon Hall went down. They gave up 20 to the Browns. I was scared of Atlanta. We should be the favorites for this game despite our injury list.
Iceman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #47
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 7556 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Tough road game in prob shitty weather TBO IDKnow whos going to win ........

all i know is the Carolina game will be no cake walk either heck IMO every game from here on out will be tought even the colts IMO colts will play with mad pride when they face us on primetime they dont wanna go 0-16

Forecast is pretty good for Sunday. Nearly zero percent chance of precipitation and probably in the low 40's, great football weather.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2011   #48
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If JoJo can lock down AJ Green then I think we stand a decent chance of winning. Our offense has been good at protecting the ball this year. I do worry about Jerome Simpson and Jermaine Gresham.
Old 12-06-2011   #49
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wouldn't you like to see JJ and Walter finally step up and be WRs?
I see what you did there... You make joke... haaahaa

I don't think the speculative play of JJ and Walter are really on the list of the major concerns for this game. We will miss AJ again, sure, but there are plenty of options to toss the ball around to. I see more attempts to OD and Foster than our WR's in this game. We should be able to pound the rock and rely on short/mid range passing game.

TBH, I would much rather see JJ step up with a Special Teams TD than ask much more of him as a reciever. KW should be fine.

Old 12-06-2011   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
I see what you did there... You make joke... haaahaa

I don't think the speculative play of JJ and Walter are really on the list of the major concerns for this game. We will miss AJ again, sure, but there are plenty of options to toss the ball around to. I see more attempts to OD and Foster than our WR's in this game. We should be able to pound the rock and rely on short/mid range passing game.
Since Kdub, Dressen, Casey, Foster, & OD are all excellent blockers & sure handed, I don't really see how anyone can stop us. It would be extremely difficult for any team to cover those 5 guys out of our base offense.

Who's releasing, who's blocking... guess wrong & OD, Foster & Casey can make you pay.

But, as much as I like Kubiak's offense, he doesn't threaten an opposing team with all the weapons he has like Belichick does with Hernandez, Walker, & Gronkowski
Old 12-06-2011   #51
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If JoJo can lock down AJ Green then I think we stand a decent chance of winning. Our offense has been good at protecting the ball this year. I do worry about Jerome Simpson and Jermaine Gresham.
IMO, Andy Dalton is playing better than Matt Ryan at this stage of the season. I really worry about how Dalton can hit AJ Green and his other receivers in stride and it's over and done with if he does.

The key to the game? On defense: Contain AJ Green, pressure Dalton, and hold Benson to short yardage on his carries. On offense: Yates can't turn the ball over, the run game has to work early and often, and receivers need to make plays when counted upon to make them.
Old 12-06-2011   #52
BattleRedSnoop
Rookie

Some people post tha dumbest things on here. "I think we will beat Cincy but I don't see us winning out" Lmfao! Who is possibly gonna beat us if Cincy can't? Tha Falcons and Bengals were tha only two games I was worried about and we handled Atlanta last week, let's get Cincy too. Go Texans!

9-3!
BattleRedSnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #53
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be an Andy Dalton fan if he dyed his hair with black tiger stripes to match the Bengals helmet.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched that Bengal's game last night. They got their asses kicked. They're a good team but they made a ton of mistakes and the Steelers made them pay for it.

They're going to come back embarrassed and pissed for our game.

Their offense is good and balanced. Dalton doesn't look like a rookie to me and he's got some good, young receivers. I think we can get to him a few times, though.

But the defense didn't look that stout against the run to me. We'll have our opportunities there.

AND... TJ may be the right QB to make use of what JJ can do. Providing JJ actually catches the ball, of course. I expect to see some deep balls to JJ in this game.

Of course, I'm worried but we could win this thing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Their offense is good and balanced. Dalton doesn't look like a rookie to me and he's got some good, young receivers. I think we can get to him a few times, though.

But the defense didn't look that stout against the run to me. We'll have our opportunities there.
If they screw around & let us get a lead, that's their ass. Our front 7 are going to have an Andy Dalton Sammich with a side of Cedric.
Old 12-06-2011   #56
txns4lf
Rookie

i think if we can hold off the big play..and give our offense time on the field we should be able to take it
txns4lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #57
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedSnoop View Post
Some people post tha dumbest things on here. "I think we will beat Cincy but I don't see us winning out" Lmfao! Who is possibly gonna beat us if Cincy can't? Tha Falcons and Bengals were tha only two games I was worried about and we handled Atlanta last week, let's get Cincy too. Go Texans!

9-3!

There is nobody on the schedule that can't beat the Texans on "Any given Sunday"(Thursday for Indy). Towards the end of the season, even the bad teams typically are playing their best. Titans and Colts are division opponents, who can't be over looked. Titans are arguably playing their best football RIGHT NOW. And don't underestimate the Colts who are going to desperately be trying to avoid an OWEN season. And if you think the Panthers will be a cake walk, well.... you may be as dumb as your post They can put up numbers in a HURRY.. Uniquely so I might add. No other team has the three headed backfield that the Panthers are using, quite well ATM.

I don't believe anyone would think that Texans winning out is impossible.... Just improbable. Given the current state and rate of injuries, Houston, despite a win last week, is still having to learn how to play offense as a team again. This is probably "tha" biggest factor in anyone's skepticism regarding the final 3 games. I'll wager 4 weeks ago, people felt better about the final 3 than they do today.. but they are still games a good team should beat.

I personally look at the last 4 games is a quick and positive learning curve to serve as a platform to launch into the playoffs with. If they lose one along the way, hopefully there was something good to learn from that can translate to post season success. Hopefully they can go into the playoffs with some positive momentum and a 1st round bye.. but first, get in! That starts with a win in Cincy.
Old 12-06-2011   #58
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that it's exactly great insight, but I see our easiest route to victory in this game via turnovers and better special teams play.

Cincy's given up a ton of points over the last 3 games, even though none of their opponents were top 10 offenses - Pittsburgh's #11, Baltimore's middle of the pack, and the Browns are bottom dwellers. While the Bengals defense hasn't played badly over this span (although their run D is a bit suspect, and the have been a bit susceptible to the big play), their offense and ST's have put them in a bad position on more than one occasion.
Old 12-06-2011   #59
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought our toughest remaining test was Atlanta and we beat them. I feel pretty good about our chances against the Bengals. Andy Dalton is going to be a great QB and our secondary has to play better this week because against the Falcons our corners, specially Allen and KJ looked slow. I think our defense will stop their running game and I think we will run the ball better against the Bengals. The formula for victory will be the same: Run the ball, stop the run, and limit mistakes.
Old 12-06-2011   #60
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

yeh I just can't bring myself to pick against us this yr. Even though rational thought says we should drop this one... The young men at Kirby just seem to pick it up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read