Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #21
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I didn't watch the pre game on either FOX or CBS, I had it on NFLN. I almost never watch the pre-games on the regular channels. But I am glad to know that at least a few folks believed in the Texans.
I'm just the opposite. I can't stand Sapp, Ervin or Sanders. All three give me a rash.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #22
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Tough road game in prob shitty weather TBO IDKnow whos going to win ........

all i know is the Carolina game will be no cake walk either heck IMO every game from here on out will be tought even the colts IMO colts will play with mad pride when they face us on primetime they dont wanna go 0-16
Weather Channel shows clear skies and in the low 40s for Cincy on Sunday.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to watch yesterday's game to see what happened against the Steelers. BUT... I've been watching the Bengal's games the past 4-5 weeks.

They're a good team.

But we're better.

My biggest fear was that Yates was going to come in and be the next coming of Bradlee Van Pelt and Alex Brink. But now I think Yates is actually better than Leinart. Much better. He stretches the field.

We can beat these guys with Yates at the helm.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #24
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
The Bengays are fighting for their playoff lives, we're not in such a bad position. A home game for them and we're really REALLY banged up. Everyone, including a lot of folks on this board (me included) are expcecting the Texans to lose this one.

Which is why they'll probably win and send blood pressures soaring throughout Cincinnati and Houston. After Leinart went down, I projected the Texans to win two, maybe three games the rest of the season, with Atlanta and the Bengones both being loses. Obviouisly I underestimated them.
There were 8 technically of the 45 on pick'ems that took Atl, 7 of those count. So about 15% of you bet against the Texans.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
There were 8 technically of the 45 on pick'ems that took Atl, 7 of those count. So about 15% of you bet against the Texans.
I picked the Texans but I sure blew it on a bunch of others.

Old 12-05-2011   #26
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
95%??? There were analysts that picked to Texans to win yesterday? I didn't see any on ESPN or NFLN or Inside the NFL. I thought it was a lock across the board that the Texans were to lose yesterday. LOL
I saw some of the 1st string TV guys pick us on the bigger shows, but I saw a ton of B-Teamers on the lower tier NFL Shows and a lot of the internet guys pick ATL. Maybe 95% was a little of an exageration, but it was certainly the vast majority.
Old 12-05-2011   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Soooo...

Andy Dalton injured his hip and Bruce Gradkowski may be the Bengal's QB?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2011   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Soooo...

Andy Dalton injured his hip and Bruce Gradkowski may be the Bengal's QB?
Nah, I was watching NFLN at lunch and they were saying his benching had more to do with getting throttled by the Steelers than injury. They said his hip injury came earlier in the game. They finally decided to pull him when they knew the game was over.
Old 12-05-2011   #29
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

For what it's worth:

Bengals favored by 3 points.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #30
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
For what it's worth:

So the standard home team three point fav so it's head's up pic'em.

Old 12-05-2011   #31
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
For what it's worth:

You have to be stupid to bet on this one. Two rookie qb's against two great defenses.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #32
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think that's the point.

We might say it every week, it seems like we do anyway. But none of us are comfortable about what we "know" about our team. Just when you think you have them figured out, something else happens that wipes the board clean & forces you to go back to square one.

Maybe halfway through the second Qtr, we all got comfortable "knowing" what we had in TJ Yates. Then we lose Andre (again). WTF......

We've got the play-offs coming up & none of us wants this team to fall flat on its collective faces. If we are a real team, which we'll find out in Cincinnati (like we found out after Pittsburgh, then after NO, then @ Tennessee, @Jacksonville.... etc... )
yes i was impresed with Yates accept he did seem to stare down receivers which can hurt in the future.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #33
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really not as worried about this game as I was against Atlanta. Cincinnati has beaten the weaker opponents and have lost to the better teams (Pitt x2, Balt, SF). I expect a tough game on the road for Houston but I expect them to come away with a win.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #34
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. I think we know that. I think the team knows that. I think Kubiak & his whole staff knows that. I think Bob McNair & his lackeys (Rick Smith, I'm looking at you) know that.

But we're going to win the next game.
I honestly don't see why they can't go undefeated. Cincinnati hasn't been able to beat the good teams yet, and the rest of the schedule doesn't look too difficult to me.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #35
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 82233 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey somebody with some Texans hook ups remind the defense that it was Cincy that laid down for the Jets 2 years ago that knocked the Texans out of playoff contention...

Maybe they can extract a bit of revenge on them and keep them losing....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #36
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

One of my most deflating moments as a Texan Fan was the Bengal game in 2003 where Houston basically introduced Rudy Johnson to the world.

I'd love to see Ben Tate pay them SOB's back with a similar 184 yard performance in their yard. I'm sure Arian may have something to say, which will be cool too, but Ben needs to unleash!
Old 12-05-2011   #37
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

MC790 Michael Connor
Cincinnati Bengals: 6-0 versus teams w/losing records. 1-5 versus teams with winning records. Only win versus a winning team- Tennesse wk 9.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #38
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this game will be even tougher than the Falcon game. A better defense than the Falcons and on the road without the home crowd. The Bengals will be pissed after getting mauled by the Steelers.

How will TJ's first road game go? Dunno bout this one
Old 12-05-2011   #39
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. I think we know that. I think the team knows that. I think Kubiak & his whole staff knows that. I think Bob McNair & his lackeys (Rick Smith, I'm looking at you) know that.

But we're going to win the next game.
I don't think this team is thinking past Cincy. They have that mentality now. One game at a time.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #40
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 55012 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Lubricate the bull's horns, because they're going right up the Bungholes' backsides. It will be the hottest 40 degrees in Cincy since The Great Fire of 1866.

The Dalton Gang will get imprisoned, 5 sacks at least.

A great rusty cheer will go up in the halls of Cleveland!

Don't twitch. Don't even move a muscle againt Wade's Super-D-struction.

53 dead in Ohio.
(sorry Neil)
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read