Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #1
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

Hey Guys, I want to be the first to say that, it is awesome waking up Monday to a Houston Texans victory in Guam. It is a great way to start my week off.

Yesterday it was a great victory hands down. However, season isn't over yet and like to hear everyones thoughts about the Cinninnati Bengals. Lets discuss our next opponent here.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets Talk Cincinnati Bengals

Tough game on the road against a good team that will be ticked about getting beaten badly by Pittsburgh yesterday. They also need the win more than we do, as this game is already a penciled-in loss (for many of us fans, that is; I'm sure Brian Cushing for one is still chomping at the bit though).

They have to get ready for the second coming of that Pitt defense (as we are just as good), though, and Yates doesn't seem to be guaranteeing any of our opponents an easy victory.

I have to assume Cinci wins this one, if only because they need it more, it's in Cinci, and winning it would have us expecting a 10 game winning streak and a 13-3 season (unlikely as Hell); but, here's to a 13-3 season!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We're not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. I think we know that. I think the team knows that. I think Kubiak & his whole staff knows that. I think Bob McNair & his lackeys (Rick Smith, I'm looking at you) know that.

But we're going to win the next game.
Old 12-05-2011   #4
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We're not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. I think we know that. I think the team knows that. I think Kubiak & his whole staff knows that. I think Bob McNair & his lackeys (Rick Smith, I'm looking at you) know that.

But we're going to win the next game.

I wouldn't be so surprised to see them win out. This team doesn't be willing to concede anything, base on what I've seen.

I figured Atlanta to be our toughest opponent wit 5 remaining. Despite the officiator's best efforts to prevent it, Houston won.

Granted, Bungholes is a road game, but they are very beatable by a good team, which Houston is.

I'm actually more concerned with Cam Newton's visit to Houston, but .... 1 game at a time :-)
Old 12-05-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
.... 1 game at a time :-)
That's pretty much what I meant,

We're not going undefeated, but we're going to win the next one.
Old 12-05-2011   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bengays are fighting for their playoff lives, we're not in such a bad position. A home game for them and we're really REALLY banged up. Everyone, including a lot of folks on this board (me included) are expcecting the Texans to lose this one.

Which is why they'll probably win and send blood pressures soaring throughout Cincinnati and Houston. After Leinart went down, I projected the Texans to win two, maybe three games the rest of the season, with Atlanta and the Bengones both being loses. Obviouisly I underestimated them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #7
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Cinci has a great D, but they are also kinda banged up. Losing their top CB is really going to hurt them, though it won't be as big if we don't have AJ. Their pass rush all revolves around one guy, so if we can keep Dunlap contained, I think we will be ok.

Their offense is efficient, but not great by any means. Dalton has been a solid game manager who can make the occasional big play, but it seems that a large amount of them are all towards AJ Green, who is not 100%. I think that if Joseph can nullify Green, we have a great chance to stop their O.

Cedric Benson is an OK rb, but has not played as well this season as he had when he broke out 2 seasons ago. They have some other speedsters at WR, but nobody that really stands out to me. Their O line was struggling early, but it seems like they have picked it up a bit to be a fairly solid line as of late.
Old 12-05-2011   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
I wouldn't be so surprised to see them win out. This team doesn't be willing to concede anything, base on what I've seen.

I figured Atlanta to be our toughest opponent wit 5 remaining. Despite the officiator's best efforts to prevent it, Houston won.

Granted, Bungholes is a road game, but they are very beatable by a good team, which Houston is.

I'm actually more concerned with Cam Newton's visit to Houston, but .... 1 game at a time :-)

Been worried about that one for a while now. He's the kind of QB that traditionally has given us fits.... only he can throw as well as run.

One game at a time.
Old 12-05-2011   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

The funny thing is that the consensus was that we would probably lose the ATL and CIN games even with Schaub, now we beat ATL with our 3rd string Rookie! I had a feeling yesterday that we would win, and after Houston won, I think anything is possible at this point!!!!

I think CIN over performed a little early in the season and maybe this is the true form of CIN, I give it a 65% chance we beat them. If we can get after the Red Headed Step Child QB I think it could be a win.

Was awesome to see 95% of the analysts wrong yesterday!!!!
Old 12-05-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
The funny thing is that the consensus was that we would probably lose the ATL and CIN games even with Schaub, now we beat ATL with our 3rd string Rookie! I had a feeling yesterday that we would win, and after Houston won, I think anything is possible at this point!!!!

I think CIN over performed a little early in the season and maybe this is the true form of CIN, I give it a 65% chance we beat them. If we can get after the Red Headed Step Child QB I think it could be a win.

Was awesome to see 95% of the analysts wrong yesterday!!!!
95%??? There were analysts that picked to Texans to win yesterday? I didn't see any on ESPN or NFLN or Inside the NFL. I thought it was a lock across the board that the Texans were to lose yesterday. LOL

Old 12-05-2011   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dalton-to-Green will be a phrase we'll be hearing for years to come.

I can't express enough how impressed I am by Dalton. Green has been killing it without a confident grasp on the playbook, yet.
Old 12-05-2011   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Dalton knocked out of the game yesterday? Dunno what happened but I saw he was on the sideline during highlights. Anyone?
Old 12-05-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
95%??? There were analysts that picked to Texans to win yesterday? I didn't see any on ESPN or NFLN or Inside the NFL. I thought it was a lock across the board that the Texans were to lose yesterday. LOL
All the CBS Sportsline and FoxSports talking heads picked us to lose too.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Phil Simms was straight facing Chris Collinsworth and Warren Sapp while they were laughing at him when he chose us on Inside The NFL.

Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson both picked us on FOX.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wasn't Dalton knocked out of the game yesterday? Dunno what happened but I saw he was on the sideline during highlights. Anyone?
From the CBS sportsline.com Bengals/Steelers recap...

Quote:
Rookie quarterback Andy Dalton passed for just 135 yards, was sacked three times by Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison and spent the fourth quarter on the bench as a preventative measure with the game out of reach.
No injury to Dalton.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #16
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what's so scary about this game. Bengals have looked trash against real teams. I thought the falcons game was a bit more tougher but still thought we would win. I see no excuse not to win this one and we should have that mentality.
Old 12-05-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I don't see what's so scary about this game. Bengals have looked trash against real teams.
I think that's the point.

We might say it every week, it seems like we do anyway. But none of us are comfortable about what we "know" about our team. Just when you think you have them figured out, something else happens that wipes the board clean & forces you to go back to square one.

Maybe halfway through the second Qtr, we all got comfortable "knowing" what we had in TJ Yates. Then we lose Andre (again). WTF......

We've got the play-offs coming up & none of us wants this team to fall flat on its collective faces. If we are a real team, which we'll find out in Cincinnati (like we found out after Pittsburgh, then after NO, then @ Tennessee, @Jacksonville.... etc... )
Old 12-05-2011   #18
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. Shannon Sharpe and Boomer picked us yesterday. Funny thing was, when Marino and Cowher looked at Shannon, he pointed to his championship belt.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough road game in prob shitty weather TBO IDKnow whos going to win ........

all i know is the Carolina game will be no cake walk either heck IMO every game from here on out will be tought even the colts IMO colts will play with mad pride when they face us on primetime they dont wanna go 0-16
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
LOL. Shannon Sharpe and Boomer picked us yesterday. Funny thing was, when Marino and Cowher looked at Shannon, he pointed to his championship belt.
I didn't watch the pre game on either FOX or CBS, I had it on NFLN. I almost never watch the pre-games on the regular channels. But I am glad to know that at least a few folks believed in the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read