Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-05-2011   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett freezes his own kicker

...Dallas probably should have won it, but the Cowboys called a timeout a heartbeat before Dan Bailey's 49-yard field goal sailed through the uprights for what would have been the game-winner at the end of regulation.

"The play clock was running down. We just wanted to make sure that he had a real clean opportunity at it," Dallas coach Jason Garrett explained. "It was at about 6 (seconds) and we were still getting settled in, so we banged a time out to give him the opportunity to get the snap, hold and kick as clean as possible."

Bailey's next try was short and to the left, sending the game to overtime.

"The first one, I felt like I hit it good. Obviously it went in," Bailey said. "We called the timeout, but that is my job to regroup and make the next one. I didn't do that. No excuses. I should have made it despite the circumstances."

I'm guessing this was Wade's fault, too ... ?
Old 12-05-2011   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett freezes his own kicker

This was sooooooooooo delicious!

Yum, yum, yum! It tasted like crack cocaine, chocolate ice cream, and fireworks pumped into my veins all at once!

You iced. Your Own. Kicker.

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha! BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!

Every coach gets too cute, we know that for sure don't we? It's just good to see it happen to Dallass.
Old 12-05-2011   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99855 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post

I'm guessing this was Wade's fault, too ... ?
No, it was Fisher's fault.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Garrett looked like he didn't want to call the timeout.

They showed the clip and you can see the st coach saying something to him and Garrett then tentatively calls the to.

But the dummies had timeouts left with time on the clock. They could have made it easier on the kicker.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what they get for not letting me finish the Texans game. Ha!!!!!!!!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I was driving when this all went down, and the radio commentators were Babe Laughenburg and some other geek.

They both were SUPER PISSED that Romo didn't call a timeout and let the RB have a play to set up the kicker for that kick. So on top of THAT, the HC calls a timeout on his own kicker and it backfires.

I bet Jerry Jones is putting BBQ sauce on some ass and chewing on it like a river otter just found his first fish in three days. LOL.

I bet Cowboys nation on tomorrow's morning radio show will be FLAMING ANGRY all day long. "Woe to us! How could THIS happen to us? We're America's Team dammit! He should be fired. Jerry should fire him right now! RIGHT NOW! %$#@! We were going to win every game, run the table...until that time out ruined it all."

Soooooooooooo delicious. It's like Band of Brothers, inhaling the fumes from a Monster Truck Show, and that little tingle you get at the end of taking a piss, all wrapped up in one! I luv it. LUV IT!
Old 12-05-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

They had 2 timeouts left when they made it to FG range, and there were about 25 seconds on the clock when the runner went down. Instead of calling the first TO, the elect to spike the ball, which runs the clock down to 7 seconds. Not enough time for another play, so they are forced to kick the FG. Stupid stupid stupid... Should have burned 1 TO at 25 seconds, run a passing play or two and call the TO when someone goes down inbounds.
Old 12-05-2011   #8
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, the reaction from Jerry Jones was just the cherry on top of what had been a great day.

He was SO PISSED!

Last edited by jjjezebel; 12-05-2011 at 10:00 AM.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #9
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"The first one, I felt like I hit it good. Obviously it went in," Bailey said. "We called the timeout, but that is my job to regroup and make the next one. I didn't do that. No excuses. I should have made it despite the circumstances."
Translation: "Blaming the boss isn't a good career move, so I'll take full responsibility."
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yum, yum, yum! It tasted like crack cocaine, chocolate ice cream, and fireworks pumped into my veins all at once!

Quote:
It's like...inhaling the fumes from a Monster Truck Show, and that little tingle you get at the end of taking a piss, all wrapped up in one! I luv it. LUV IT!

GP's posts in this thread are poetic!
Old 12-05-2011   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes! I saw it...it was vuggin' BEAUTIFUL MAN!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet revenge for not being able to watch the end of the Texans game yesterday!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #13
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This was sooooooooooo delicious!

Every coach gets too cute, we know that for sure don't we? It's just good to see it happen to Dallass.
I'd say it was more like shooting up a concoction made up of crack, amphetamines & METH-amphetamines before skydiving NAKED into a free fire zone ripe with psychotic cobras and rabid mongoose with an anchor tied to your feet...no on second thought that's what it feels like seeing them lose a game that either keeps them out of or eliminates them FROM the playoffs.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I'd say it was more like shooting up a concoction made up of crack, amphetamines & METH-amphetamines before skydiving NAKED into a free fire zone ripe with psychotic cobras and rabid mongoose with an anchor tied to your feet...no on second thought that's what it feels like seeing them lose a game that either keeps them out of or eliminates them FROM the playoffs.
You doin' work, Dread.

Nice post.
Old 12-05-2011   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Garrett is the proof that Jerry Jones is dabbling in genetic engineering. He effectively spliced Chan Gailey and Dave Campo and has produced Jason Garrett

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Garrett is the proof that Jerry Jones is dabbling in genetic engineering. He effectively spliced Chan Gailey and Dave Campo and has produced Jason Garrett
He's certainly giving Princeton a bad name.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

What was just as ***** as Garrett icing his own kicker, was Romo taking 20 seconds to spike the ball.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What was just as ***** as Garrett icing his own kicker, was Romo taking 20 seconds to spike the ball.
it was a beautiful thing but I would have traded the whole glorious moments of fail to watch the Green Bay vs Giant game instead

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Jerry Jones reacts to the freeze on a radio show:

http://www.theunticket.com/fake-jerr...lose-to-cards/

Old 12-08-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerry Jones reacts to the freeze on a radio show:

http://www.theunticket.com/fake-jerr...lose-to-cards/

That was great! MSR
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read