Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Whether you like it or not, but Kubiak...

should be considered a top contender for Coach of the Year. The only other serious contenders right now should be Mike Mcarthy, for obvious reasons, and Jim Harbaugh.

I know everyone in here wants to give all the credit to Wade... but unfortunately, he's not eligible to win.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whether you like it or not, but Kubiak...

If Denver wins out, I'd put Fox in the conversation as well.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
If Denver wins out, I'd put Fox in the conversation as well.
Yep, and Marvin Lewis.
Old 12-04-2011   #4
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason I'd give Kubiak the nod over anyone else (besides Mcarthy) is none of those other teams had to deal with the injuries the Texans have had to deal with. So many times we could have folded and had valid excuses to lose, but there's no quit in this team!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't give it to Gary because I hate him. LOL

Seriously, I would give it to Fox. He changed his entire offense midseason to fit what Tebow does best. They're on a roll.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Harbaugh for sure. He took a 6-10 team and turned them into a 10-2 team so far, and I expect them to be at least 12-4 at the end of the season. Kubiak winning the award would be laughable as he hasn't really done anything different this year, it's defense that changed the culture of the organization.
Old 12-04-2011   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I know everyone in here wants to give all the credit to Wade... but unfortunately, he's not eligible to win.
True, but honestly Wade deserves the most credit. The attitude of that defense has spread to the entire team. They have everyone believing now.

OK, everyone but Kubiak considering he still can't watch the crucial plays.

Edit: See Dutch's post above. He said better what I was trying to say.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Harbaugh is the coach of the year. Kubiak deserves recognition, mainly due to Wade Phillips' tremendous turnaround of the defense.
Old 12-04-2011   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
should be considered a top contender for Coach of the Year. The only other serious contenders right now should be Mike Mcarthy, for obvious reasons, and Jim Harbaugh.

Who chooses the winner? Is that a sportswriter thing? Or is it the other coaches?

Kubiak may have the upper hand depending on who chooses. He seems like a really well-liked person. Harbaugh---not so much.

McCarthy should certainly get it if the Pack goes undefeated.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Absolutely no way Kubiak should win coach of the year. And please stop posting unfinished thread titles.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #11
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips will be the primary reason why Kubiak doesn't win it.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #12
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

no, he shouldn't. and i dislike the kubiak haters as much as okies from muskogee. y'all raped this board for two seasons. let us have this one and just try to enjoy football, goddamnit.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thrilled Gary is doing well.

How was the MB raped?

What's with the cursing?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is Wade's team. It is Wade's season. He did this.

However, I have been impressed with how Kubiak has handled the QB disaster. He doesn't appear to be panicking, and seems to be methodically, and calmly, pushing ahead, doing what he has to do to win. Kubiak seems confident.

But, guess why he's confident? Because we have a solid defense. Guess who is in charge of that?

Get it?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Absolutely no way Kubiak should win coach of the year. And please stop posting unfinished thread titles.
I actually have to......
Old 12-05-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

agree with you.

The titles that try to leave you hanging are pretty bogus. Just state the title, don't try to make it a cliff hanger. It just ends up being a dingleberry instead.
Old 12-05-2011   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm thrilled Gary is doing well.

How was the MB raped?

What's with the cursing?
I agree. I'm trying to curb my own cussing (on here AND in real life). I'd never been a cusser until the past year, now it's getting out of hand. I think it's because of me being a Texans fan--I'm worn down and had gotten potty mouth syndrome due to the anxiety of it all. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
no, he shouldn't. and i dislike the kubiak haters as much as okies from muskogee. y'all raped this board for two seasons. let us have this one and just try to enjoy football, goddamnit.
Nobody's stealing your victory dance. Continue to party on in whatever fashion you desire.

The conversation is about IF Kubiak deserves Coach of The Year or not.

I happen to weigh in with the opinion that Harbaugh taking the reins as a first-year NFL coach, doing something positive with Alex What's His Name at QB--when other coaches have NOT been able to--and romping through the NFL like Tebow on the white horse of the Apocalypse is worthy of Coach of the Year.

McCarthy would be 2nd, due to somehow being undefeated when most Super Bowl teams regress the next year.

Kubiak in 3rd.

How's THAT for peeing on your parade? j/k, don't be mad at me....
Old 12-05-2011   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade does deserve more of the glory for this team's turn around, but the award does only go to a head coach, and I would have to give it to Kubiak over everyone else due to the amount of bad injuries the Texans have suffered and yet we're 9-3. I think the way we've battled through the adversity as a team has been more impressive than any other team.

I can't believe I"m saying this, but right now I'd give it to Gary Kubiak.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Wade does deserve more of the glory for this team's turn around, but the award does only go to a head coach, and I would have to give it to Kubiak over everyone else due to the amount of bad injuries the Texans have suffered and yet we're 9-3. I think the way we've battled through the adversity as a team has been more impressive than any other team.

I can't believe I"m saying this, but right now I'd give it to Gary Kubiak.
Traitor to the cause.

I am marking this down in my notebook, sir.
Old 12-05-2011   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Traitor to the cause.

I am marking this down in my notebook, sir.
I have to give credit where it's due this year, and I've wanted Gary to make me say this for years. Finally there has been a regular season that he can hang his hat on. I do realize that it's been mainly due to Wade Phillips, but he is still the HC of this team and that is who the award goes to. I'd take Harbaugh first, but the Niners haven't dealt with anything close to what the Texans have injury wise and we're still on a winning streak. We're over achieving and I like it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read