Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak not watching crucial plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You two guys slamming the "OP" do understand that he OWNS this board, right? He started it, nursed it, taught it to walk, and is now enjoying watching it grow up (arguably, LOL).

The guy knows a helluva' lot about football AND this team AND all of the thousands of opinions and ideas about our team that have been posted on here the past 10 years.
Doesnt mean anyone has to agree with him on specific topics ..... and Im sure he'd rather have open intelligent discussion and disagreement than everyone agree with him just because ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is all we have to gripe about after a win, I'm happier than a pig in shte...

Seriously, it doesn't bother me in the slightest because like a decent head coach he's already 2-3 plays ahead of the one on the field in his head. Watch other coaches, they're busy talking on their headsets and reading their Denny's menu, too..

Oh well, like I said, if this is all we have to gripe about tells me things are going just fine.
Old 12-05-2011   #43
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a tendency to cover my eyes myself. It keeps my heart beating without some electric assistance given by white coated people.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Doesnt mean anyone has to agree with him on specific topics ..... and Im sure he'd rather have open intelligent discussion and disagreement than everyone agree with him just because ....
For me, it's the whole way some people try to discredit ANYBODY without even trying to give an intelligent response along the way.

It's the drive-by trash talk that pisses me off, Corrosion. I'm not saying Kevin is untouchable, it's just that sometimes people need to know to whom they are speaking. Plain and simple. So I let them know.

When I made my first Texans game (The Raiders game) I went to the tailgate, and I'll tell you this: There was a group of guys who, when I introduced myself to them as being GP...they stared at me and treated me pretty cold. The next guy I saw was Kevin, and he smiled at me and made sure to show me around the tailgate section and point out several TexansTalk members to me. Joe Texan was nice to me. GlassHaflFull was the most outgoing toward me and my wife, along with jjjezebel who was hanging out with GlassHalfFull. Disaacks was nice to me. TedC, too. TexanMike, as well. As me and my wife walked to the stadium, I even found myself side-by-side with TexansChick...she was very nice to me and got in a photo that my wife took of us. But I won't ever forget the little group of guys I met right as I got there and introduced myself, you'd have thought I had said I was a Colts fan or something. Hell, they might have treated a Colts fan better than they treated me, actually.

I might never get to see those people in person ever again, but I know which ones were courteous to me and which ones glared at me and couldn't at least find a way to fake it and smile and say "Welcome aboard!" I won't let the 2% of that situation override the 98% of the good that I experienced that day, though. All in all, the Blue Crew Tailgate treated me the way Nitro said they would.

This is the first time I'm telling everyone this story, but the reason I'm doing it here is because I feel like people need to know that Kevin (Hookem Horns) started this site, he hasn't lost sight of what he and his vision means to this place, and when he mentions something on here...well, it could stand to be treated with better respect than to do a drive-by trash talk at whatever he said. People should know to whom they are speaking.

In my book, Kevin is good people. When I slip up in a thread, and get down on myself and slink away out of frustration or just needing to get a grasp on things, guys like Kevin send me a PM and check on me. Guys like Texecutioner and Hervoyel do the same thing. DoubleBarrel, too. I know who treats me the way I try to treat others, and it shows. That's why I sort of stuck up for Kevin there. He doesn't need it from me, I just wanted to do it to show the newcomers who the OP is, and that maybe they should discuss the topic and not the poster.
Old 12-05-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

:tinnytinyviolin:
Old 12-05-2011   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
To me the HC is supposed to be like a commanding general on the field. Imagine for example during the Civil War if a general commanded his men to charge the enemy lines and they noticed him covering his eyes because he couldn't bear to watch. You want to think your leader is standing tall in the saddle watching you off to victory.
I tend to agree with this take.

While Kubiak's tendency does not annoy me, I do find it a bit odd. You'd think that he'd want to witness it in case a split second decision is required on his part. But I guess with HD replay and lots of assistances, they can just tell him what is up after it happens.

I really think it's a carry-over from his offensive coordinator and backup QB days (same with the way he constantly licks his fingers during games).

Coordinators are always looking at the next play, not getting caught up in what is happening as much as the results. They need to know yardage and results immediately so they can formulate the next play. Backup QBs are often doing the same thing, listening in to playcalls and being basically an assistant to the OC. I think years of being a backup QB behind Elway and being an OC developed a tendency to not pay attention.

I could be completely wrong, but this is how my mind justifies it.
Old 12-05-2011   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For me, it's the whole way some people try to discredit ANYBODY without even trying to give an intelligent response along the way.

It's the drive-by trash talk that pisses me off, Corrosion. I'm not saying Kevin is untouchable, it's just that sometimes people need to know to whom they are speaking. Plain and simple. So I let them know.

When I made my first Texans game (The Raiders game) I went to the tailgate, and I'll tell you this: There was a group of guys who, when I introduced myself to them as being GP...they stared at me and treated me pretty cold. The next guy I saw was Kevin, and he smiled at me and made sure to show me around the tailgate section and point out several TexansTalk members to me. Joe Texan was nice to me. GlassHaflFull was the most outgoing toward me and my wife, along with jjjezebel who was hanging out with GlassHalfFull. Disaacks was nice to me. TedC, too. TexanMike, as well. As me and my wife walked to the stadium, I even found myself side-by-side with TexansChick...she was very nice to me and got in a photo that my wife took of us. But I won't ever forget the little group of guys I met right as I got there and introduced myself, you'd have thought I had said I was a Colts fan or something. Hell, they might have treated a Colts fan better than they treated me, actually.

I might never get to see those people in person ever again, but I know which ones were courteous to me and which ones glared at me and couldn't at least find a way to fake it and smile and say "Welcome aboard!" I won't let the 2% of that situation override the 98% of the good that I experienced that day, though. All in all, the Blue Crew Tailgate treated me the way Nitro said they would.

This is the first time I'm telling everyone this story, but the reason I'm doing it here is because I feel like people need to know that Kevin (Hookem Horns) started this site, he hasn't lost sight of what he and his vision means to this place, and when he mentions something on here...well, it could stand to be treated with better respect than to do a drive-by trash talk at whatever he said. People should know to whom they are speaking.

In my book, Kevin is good people. When I slip up in a thread, and get down on myself and slink away out of frustration or just needing to get a grasp on things, guys like Kevin send me a PM and check on me. Guys like Texecutioner and Hervoyel do the same thing. DoubleBarrel, too. I know who treats me the way I try to treat others, and it shows. That's why I sort of stuck up for Kevin there. He doesn't need it from me, I just wanted to do it to show the newcomers who the OP is, and that maybe they should discuss the topic and not the poster.
Good post.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2011   #48
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agreed. Good post. This has been a talking point over several years actually and it's not the first time it's been brought up so people shouldn't be bashing the OP over this, and it's not like he started this thread to trash the HC. He just mentioned that he didn't like it how Kubiak did that, and I never have as well. He's the HC and he should be watching the plays, especially when it's the last play of the game or the play that determines who wins and loses.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #49
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86668 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've had very few negative interactions with people on this board. I can say that this board and the people here (Joe Texan, SheTexan, hook'em, Gary, etc etc... I really can't name all of them or we'd be here all night) have made me and my guests feel welcome at every game I've been to. I would go just for the football but I am as excited about the tailgating because this is generally an awesome group of people.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #50
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Clearly Kubiak not looking at the critical plays hasn't had an effect on the team.

Lord knows how many times I say during tense games (especially baseball) '"I can't watch this shit." Usually put my head in my hands but peek a bit.

It's the same sort of sentiment. People in sports are creatures of habit and superstition.

Not a big deal.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
...so people shouldn't be bashing the OP over this, and it's not like he started this thread to trash the HC.
Is there really any bashing going on, or is this tin foil hat territory?
Old 12-05-2011   #52
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know who the OP is, GP. Don't really think I was slamming him and based on his comments neither did he. What bothers him, really does not bother me at all regarding Kubes not watching. I stand by my comments that I don't really care what he does in "crucial" moments - look, not look, break dance - I don't care...just win baby. My apologies up front if you think this is just another drive-by, unintelligent posting.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read