Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak not watching crucial plays

I know we are winning and all that jazz however this has bothered me for years, and despite winning it still sends the wrong message IMO.

Quote:
Kubiak couldn't bear to watch the final play, turning his back and walking down the sideline. When the ball hit the turf and the crowd cheered, general manager Rick Smith told Kubiak what happened and patted him on the back.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311204034

Dude, be a man watch the play and send the right message to your players. Imagine if your QB was doing this everytime he put up a long pass or your kicker put his hand over his eyes right after kicking a crucial long field goal.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak not watching crucial plays

He's done that before.

Calm on the outside, churning a storm on the inside. I know that guy.
Old 12-04-2011   #3
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Alot of coaches do it. But let me guess you want to fire Kubiak for not watching crucial plays?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Alot of coaches do it. But let me guess you want to fire Kubiak for not watching crucial plays?
Yeah, I want to fire Kubiak while we are sitting at 9-3. Maybe we can bring Cowher in next week because he will watch all of the plays.

Old 12-04-2011   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

How do u think he keeps his black hair LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't like that either. Never have.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #7
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

You never know, you could've been one of those that just wants him gone...
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

He has always done this this is nothing new....
Old 12-04-2011   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

It bugs me too. I'm guessing (or hoping) it's just superstition though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

hell Fox kicked off the last 8 seconds for me
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #11
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It bugs me too. I'm guessing (or hoping) it's just superstition though.
Kris Brown's last second field goal misses should of fixed that.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it's meh, it either works or is doesn't. just his way of keeping on an even keel. No big deal.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
LOL true .. same here.
Old 12-04-2011   #14
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 557 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shit man if I was a coach, I would do the same thing. Hell, I turned off the tv on ATL's last drive
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #15
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if he watches the last play or any play for that matter. He can stick his head in the sand for every play for all I care as long as he calls the right play.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #16
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Shit man if I was a coach, I would do the same thing. Hell, I turned off the tv on ATL's last drive
Hell no! I would never that!
Old 12-04-2011   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I know we are winning and all that jazz however this has bothered me for years, and despite winning it still sends the wrong message IMO.

Dude, be a man watch the play and send the right message to your players. Imagine if your QB was doing this everytime he put up a long pass or your kicker put his hand over his eyes right after kicking a crucial long field goal.
yup

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #18
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

meh. kubiak appears to avoid emotional swings unless he has something to say to the refs. whether superstition or prayer or trust or insecurity ... i hardly see how it affects anything at all.

after 6 seasons i'm suprised anyone cares, i'm sure the players and coaches dont.
Old 12-04-2011   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

while I understand where you're coming from, I can't say too much about it. There were times my heart couldn't take this damned game and I had to watch something else for while.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #20
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Maybe Kubes lost his Fox feed and was looking for it while the last play occurred!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read