Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default FA Punters availible

Punter
Josh Bidwell
Matt Turk
Matt Dodge
Glenn Pakulak
Robert Malone
Ricky Schmitt (K)
Ken Parrish
Daniel Power
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: FA Punters availible

I'd bring back Turk for nothing more than to maintain Rackers' chemistry.
Old 12-04-2011   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
This. He can even get his old number back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Agreed, there isn't likely to be a major undiscovered punting talent lurking in the free agency bin.
Old 12-04-2011   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i mentioned the importance of a holder elsewhere, but unless he's able to set it up on a magical 70 yard tee, there is no way i take turk back. he had his moments as a texan, but it's 2 years past time for turk to call it a career.

i need to watch some replays on the candidates however, bidwell is the only name i really recognize and if i remember right he's on the same decline.
Old 12-04-2011   #6
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

turk was pretty bad last year...
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #7
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

i went to some of the indoor practices last year though and he was kinda like the grandpa of the team...good chemistry with the players I'm sure they'd love to have him back, id just rather sign a better player.
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i need to watch some replays on the candidates however, bidwell is the only name i really recognize and if i remember right he's on the same decline.
His punt average decreased 3 yards between 2008 and 2010, but his net average actually increased (by .1 yard). I'd give him a shot.

Not Turk though. He was just awful with the Jags. His net average went down 4 yard between last year and this year. I think that's a pretty big drop in just one season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Can James Casey kick?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #10
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

How 'bout we just go for it on every 4th down...hell it works on Madden...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mighty slim pickings there..... Time to call Australia for an Aussie Rules player.
Old 12-04-2011   #12
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Punter
Josh Bidwell
Matt Turk
Matt Dodge
Glenn Pakulak
Robert Malone
Ricky Schmitt (K)
Ken Parrish
Daniel Power
Their stats for their last year:

Josh Bidwell: 41.7 punt avg, 20.0% within 20 (2010)

Matt Turk: 39.7 punt avg, 25.9% within 20 (2011)

Matt Dodge: 44.8 punt avg, 27.8% within 20 (2010)

Glenn Pakulak:38.3 punt avg, 30.8% within 20 (2009)

Robert Malone:41.5 punt avg, 32.7% within 20 in 2010(only 1 game in 2011)

Ricky Schmitt (K) no punting stats in the NFL. Has not accrued stats since 2009.

Ken Parrish: no punting stats in NFL. 40.7 yards avg in college

Daniel Power: couldn't find stats on him.

I would take Dodge. He has a big leg and can kick 44.8 which is big. He had one bad punt in NY, the one to Desean Jackson that cost him his job.He may be the best available.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #13
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Mighty slim pickings there..... Time to call Australia for an Aussie Rules player.
Love it! Any older players who you think could make the transition quickly?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
wasnt there an aussie or two available this offseason? one a rookie and the other i want to say played in arizona ... any idea where they landed?
Old 12-04-2011   #15
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen Rackers punt. Let him handle it.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Their stats for their last year:

Josh Bidwell: 41.7 punt avg, 20.0% within 20 (2010)

Matt Turk: 39.7 punt avg, 25.9% within 20 (2011)

Matt Dodge: 44.8 punt avg, 27.8% within 20 (2010)

Glenn Pakulak:38.3 punt avg, 30.8% within 20 (2009)

Robert Malone:41.5 punt avg, 32.7% within 20 in 2010(only 1 game in 2011)

Ricky Schmitt (K) no punting stats in the NFL. Has not accrued stats since 2009.

Ken Parrish: no punting stats in NFL. 40.7 yards avg in college

Daniel Power: couldn't find stats on him.

I would take Dodge. He has a big leg and can kick 44.8 which is big. He had one bad punt in NY, the one to Desean Jackson that cost him his job.He may be the best available.
^^^^
This

Although Dallass most eligible might be an option.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #17
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2649 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I've seen Rackers punt. Let him handle it.
And he can hold his own snaps too!
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

For all we know, he might be on crutches just to take precaution.

Is there any word on the preliminary assessment yet? I haven't seen anything.

I'm hoping he hyper-extended it and it's swollen. I've dislocated my knee on two different situations, back in college, and I can tell you that you go down like someone SHOT you in the knee and you just crumple to the ground with no concern except "God, please STOP IT FROM HURTING!" You think "Maybe I have blown the knee, maybe I've broken something."

But a dislocation and/or hyper-extension can also just have stretched the ligaments and tendons and you have swelling and lack of full mobility in it for the next few days.

I'm hoping that this is the case, and he gets the rest he needs.
Old 12-04-2011   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Turk??
Old 12-04-2011   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Chad Stanley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read