Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2011   #41
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I disagree. It may have been the second loudest crowd at Reliant.. Signed, September 8th, 2002.
Yup! I agree!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
ConnorBarwin98 Connor Barwin
#BULLSONPARADE is official...and they need to start calling Reliant the #slaughterhouse bc it was so f'in loud in there today!!!

Anyone else see how pumped up Connor was when they played Rage?

They said this morning that Ryan kep having to lean into his line nd SCREAM his audibles several times and that is why our D was leaning in, because they could hear the calls clear as day he was having to yell them so loud.

Probably didn't give us an advntage but gave Atl a disdvantage because they kept having to change their termingology in-game and that's one more thing they had to think about.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #43
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
From beginning to end it great to the fans disrupt Atl. I loved seeing that on tv. It was truly a home field advantage that overcame the opponents and the sorry ass refs.
I honestly think the bad calls made it even louder. Nobody dozes off when you choke a call in front of 70K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
HT.com has a video with a few guys talking about how great the crowd was, including a "that's the loudest i've ever heard it in any arena". it really was a big part of the game. several false starts (including a couple not called) and a pair of delay of game penalties go directly to the fans ... some in key situations.
Yep, 80 yards away and I still saw the Falcons Rt. Guard leave early a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I have no voice this morning, But it was worth it!!!! I have never see reliant that loud.

It was Electric and you could actully feel vibrations in the Bull Pen. I felt like we could hold our own to any 12th man in any stadium.
I'll be re-growing my throat over the next several days. We were exhausted when we got home last night, but it was worth it!

Quote:
I disagree. It may have been the second loudest crowd at Reliant.. Signed, September 8th, 2002.
The single loudest moment may have been in 2002 (or the tying TD against Baltimore last year), but that game was NOT as loud throughout. that's the first time I can honestly say it hit deafening levels all 4 quarters.
Old 12-05-2011   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys rocked! I have never been prouder of Houston football fans than I was yesterday. Y'all were truly a 12th man for our D, and did a fantastic job of giving us a real homefield advantage!

Love all of y'all!!
Old 12-05-2011   #45
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats the standard when it comes to noise at Reliant. I would say yesterday was as close to that level as we have seen since that night.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #46
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Vandermeer noted this morning that he has his producer crank up the speakers is his headset so he can hear himself & discussions during the game. Yesterday vs. Atlanta, his headset was cranked up again and he couldn't hear himself - he had to hope he was coming across well on the radio.

Good job fans. Came across well on the tv - loud as heck on defense and ultra quiet on offense.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #47
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

That was the absolute loudest game I have ever been to yesterday. I heard several announcers say "it was a college atmosphere yesterday" today.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2011   #48
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

That was the absolute loudest game I have ever been to yesterday. I heard several announcers say "it was a college atmosphere yesterday" today.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
playoff atmosphere...that sounds like a nice phrase.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #50
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I was there. I asked everyone around me what was there deal.

They said they weren't going to get a chance to the wave...

Seriously though I had a lot of fun and it was great yesterday. The best part was seeing Toro take his time out the game to take pictures with a special needs child. It was really awesome.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #51
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

That was the first game I got to go to this year. We go to a game or 2 every year. Reliant was friggin rocking! My son loved it. Best Texan game atmosphere wise I have been to. We plan on coming back for the 1st playoff game ever at Reliant. Thanks to Double Deuce in the blue lot for the hospitality.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #52
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt the energy from my tv right at kickoff. Fans did a great job.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #53
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a great atmosphere.....We were the "12th" man ........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You guys rocked! I have never been prouder of Houston football fans than I was yesterday. Y'all were truly a 12th man for our D, and did a fantastic job of giving us a real homefield advantage!

Love all of y'all!!
Damn Darryl, I brought my Nancy voice yesterday!! I'm a loser!!

Bill!

BTW, I won't be taking any phone calls for another day or so.
Old 12-05-2011   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

As an aside, for those that don't know what the pain of Plantar Fasciitis feels like, spend 3+ hours on your feet driving one of your heels into the metal bleachers as hard as you can, relentlessly... There ya go! I've had to walk on the ball of my right foot all day.
Old 12-05-2011   #56
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

In my opinion it was the best the crowd has ever performed its duties - in early, smart and timely with its collective volume, and many stuck it out to the last whistle.

It is a symbiotic relationship between the production on the field and the level of noise generated - for the first time ever both parties were in tune, meeting the demand of the situation due to the carrot that is ours for the taking.

Receiving that playoff ticket notice has around 50k fans vested into bringing the noise for the remaining home games.

Up your butt Jobu, Texans coming through.
Old 12-05-2011   #57
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
In my opinion it was the best the crowd has ever performed its duties - in early, smart and timely with its collective volume, and many stuck it out to the last whistle.

It is a symbiotic relationship between the production on the field and the level of noise generated - for the first time ever both parties were in tune, meeting the demand of the situation due to the carrot that is ours for the taking.

Receiving that playoff ticket notice has around 50k fans vested into bringing the noise for the remaining home games.

Up your butt Jobu, Texans coming through.
It was so much fun.

As loud as it was, I think we could get louder on defense, quieter on offense. We need to will this to happen.

That was such a close game. A play here/there meant everything. We made a difference. I think the fans are starting to realize their power. It also helps having a defense that doesn't disappoint you every set of downs.

One of the loudest games I remember was the awful-boring Texans-Titans game that didn't get interesting until the unreal, bizarre Rosenfelian comeback that alas was lost at the end.

It was a bunch of seats and some the rest were diehards of the most diehard sort. And in that 4th quarter, we got loud. And it illustrated how many fans in the stadium are sort of like potted plants.

There were still some potted plants on Sunday, but not nearly as many. I think reducing that comes from learning--Colts fans are pretty good at this because they've been rewarded over the years for being into things.

/as a side note, interesting that the 49ers players were complaining about their fans doing the wave during the end of a blowout win.
Old 12-05-2011   #58
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

/as a side note, interesting that the 49ers players were complaining about their fans doing the wave during the end of a blowout win.
Please, God no. Do not get that started again ....
Old 12-05-2011   #59
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I called the 12th man in another thread. How can the fans NOT be a aprt of this success?
Old 12-05-2011   #60
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

My throat is still soar from yelling.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read