Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texans Turf & Texan player comments

I heard the turf being called into question today. I saw the ground coming out from underneath players feet all day long. Was it Cody who said the turf was "squirrelly" today? Dreessen says he is going to start wearing longer studs in his cleats - per 610. Cushing had something happen to his knee(maybe not field related but I will still use it), and then Hartman goes down (maybe not field related but I will still use it).

Maybe its cause Andre went down again today on our own field for the second time that I am getting pissed, but sum of a beach this is getting old!

And from now own I dont care if its the rodeo, a high school foot ball championship, the final four, college world series, dont mess with the turf in the reliant two days before the game. The stadium was built for the Texans, make sure its in the best shape for them. When Belicheat talked about it, we all know we could see the the patch work on the field, but we let it slide because we won.

From now on, if you want the rodeo, a high school foot ball championship, the final four, college world series to be played on the big stage or stadium, get the Cougs a new stadium and play it there. Or dont do it during football season. Or pay for the dome to get remodeled. But no more tearing up the Texans field two days before they play at home!

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: The Texans Turf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #3
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Maybe its cause Andre went down again today on our own field for the second time that I am getting pissed, but sum of a beach this is getting old!
And when AJ went down the first time, the announcers kept making a big to-do about this being the same turf that shredded Wes Welker's knee as well.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a couple of years ago bill belichick complained about the field. I thought he was just whining, but after seeing so many players go down on our field, I'm starting to wonder just how bad is our field.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #5
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
I remember a couple of years ago bill belichick complained about the field. I thought he was just whining, but after seeing so many players go down on our field, I'm starting to wonder just how bad is our field.
The main thing that makes you wonder is... these guys are all going down without contact. They try to kick it into high gear, they make a cut, they pull a hammy or shred a knee.

It's one thing to get injured because a bunch of big, strong guys are twisting your body into directions and positions that, well, nature didn't intend. It's another for this many to go down just for running down the field.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

They were saying on the radio, that some of the squares are softer than others, and some are just straight up hard a hell. It would be like playing on different fields, and its hard to adjust to, no consistency.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd think the Texans would replace the turf after the high school games that had just been played there. They have two turfs they can use, unless the other one had already been chewed up also from football games.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

For God's sakes.
Old 12-04-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I heard the turf being called into question today. I saw the ground coming out from underneath players feet all day long. Was it Cody who said the turf was "squirrelly" today? Dreessen says he is going to start wearing longer studs in his cleats - per 610. Cushing had something happen to his knee(maybe not field related but I will still use it), and then Hartman goes down (maybe not field related but I will still use it).

And from now own I dont care if its the rodeo, a high school foot ball championship, the final four, college world series, dont mess with the turf in the reliant two days before the game. The stadium was built for the Texans, make sure its in the best shape for them. When Belicheat talked about it, we all know we could see the the patch work on the field, but we let it slide because we won.

From now on, if you want the rodeo, a high school foot ball championship, the final four, college world series to be played on the big stage or stadium, get the Cougs a new stadium and play it there. Or dont do it during football season. Or pay for the dome to get remodeled. But no more tearing up the Texans field two days before they play at home!

This was a Chronicle article run after Welker's injury.

Quote:
"• A closer look at Reliant turf

Bill Belichick's postgame news conferences are never convivial affairs, but his responses to questions Sunday, after the Texans rallied for 21 fourth-quarter points to beat his New England Patriots, seemed even more clipped and cryptic than usual.

Now we know why.

The coach was seething inside about the “terrible condition” of the Reliant Stadium turf, on which Patriots receiver Wes Welker had earlier suffered two torn knee ligaments without being hit. Welker, the NFL's leading receiver with 123 catches, will need reconstructive surgery. Belichick bit his tongue in Houston but has subsequently unloaded.

“For the level of play we have in the National Football League, I think consistency on the field would be priority No. 1,” Belichick complained on his Boston-area radio show. “We talk about players' safety, about hits and all that, and that's certainly an area that should always be addressed. There's nothing more important than player safety. To me, player safety starts on the surface that we play on.”

He called Reliant's field, which is made up of large, thick squares of living grass resting on tray-like pallets, “just inconsistent. It's all the little trays of grass and some of them are soft and some of them are firm, and they don't all fit well together, those seams. Some of it feels like a sponge, some of it feels real firm and hard like the Miami surface. One step you're on one, the other step you're on another.”

Belichick was seen huddling with a group of his offensive linemen at midfield before the game. The Boston Globe reported a couple of the players pointed at the ground and Belichick kicked at the grass, loosening a divot.

Then, a little over five minutes into the game after Welker had caught a short pass from Tom Brady, he cut sharply to avoid Texans safety Bernard Pollard and went down without being hit.

“I really think it's one of the worst fields I've seen,” said Belichick, who won one of his three Super Bowls at Reliant in 2004. “I walked out there and I thought it was terrible. You think it's going to grab and it gives. You think it's going to give and it grabs. That's where you get those non-contact injuries like we saw Sunday.”
Welker injury prompts ire

A spokesperson for SMG, the stadium's management company and thus responsible for the condition of the field, said it would have no comment on Belichick's criticism. Reached Wednesday, Texans owner Bob McNair said he was unaware of Belichick's tirade, but he staunchly defended the Reliant surface.

“If we'd had one of our best players injured on the field, I'd probably not feel good, either,” McNair said. “I was sorry to see Welker go down, too. But, when he made the cut — I've looked at it on film — his foot didn't slip out from under him. His knee just gave away.

“The field was in good shape. None of our players complained about it. We all played on the same field, and we didn't experience those problems. ... Having seen the condition of some of the fields up in the Northeast, I don't see how he could complain about ours.”

The Texans lost Pro Bowl tight end Owen Daniels under similar circumstances in Buffalo at midseason. Daniels also went down while changing direction and was never hit, but no one in the Texans organization blamed Rich Stadium's artificial turf.

The Texas Bowl between Navy and Missouri had been played on the Reliant field Thursday and the quick turnaround made it impossible for all of the turf squares to be replaced, so the change-out was limited to midfield, the end zones and sections where the numbers were. The difference in the appearance of the new and the old grass was discernible from above.

Patriots players, however didn't appear to be overly upset about the footing.

“There were a couple slick spots,” safety James Sanders said after the game. “Our job is to show up and play on Sundays, no matter what the conditions are. The footing wasn't that bad.”

Added wide receiver Julian Edelman: “It was a little soggy, but it wasn't too bad.”

A survey done five years ago rated Reliant's field the fourth best in the NFL. The same portable grass system has been in place since the stadium opened in 2002.

“If you look at it through the years, there hasn't been any real problems that I can think of,” said Texans right tackle Eric Winston, who has started every game at Reliant since early in 2006. “No chronic injuries in certain spots, no rash of certain kinds of injuries. It feels the same every week. They do a good job of putting it together. (The field) is OK by us. It's kind of hard to believe that's what caused (Welker's injury). You never know with the (seams where the trays of turf met), if he caught one bad, but I think it's one of those deals that was just a turn of bad luck.”
‘Silly nonsense' to Pitts

Guard Chester Pitts, an original Texan who may have spent more time playing on the Reliant surface than anyone, was livid about Belichick's criticism, calling it “silly nonsense.”

“I would bet every dollar I have that our field is top five in every category from looking good to being functional to being smooth and thick,” Pitts said. “As offensive linemen, we can even wear our nubby, Cadillac-type cleats on it. Our grounds crew spends all that time and energy doing a great job all year around and then suddenly, because Belichick loses a guy, it's a bad field? In comparison to that sorry Field Turf field (the Patriots) play on and that a lot of the teams use to take the easy way out and save money ... ah, just be quiet.”
Anyone, that's ever been on Reliant's field, especially AFTER a game, you will have appreciated what Belichick was referring to.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #10
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you justify letting a bunch of high schoolers tear up your field the night before men who are worth millions of dollars have to play on there the next morning
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This was a Chronicle article run after Welker's injury.

• A closer look at Reliant turf[/size]

Bill Belichick's postgame news conferences are never convivial affairs, but his responses to questions Sunday, after the Texans rallied for 21 fourth-quarter points to beat his New England Patriots, seemed even more clipped and cryptic than usual. Now we know why. The coach was seething inside about the “terrible condition” of the Reliant Stadium turf, on which Patriots receiver Wes Welker had earlier suffered two torn knee ligaments without being hit. Welker, the NFL's leading receiver with 123 catches, will need reconstructive surgery. Belichick bit his tongue in Houston but has subsequently unloaded. “For the level of play we have in the National Football League, I think consistency on the field would be priority No. 1,” Belichick complained on his Boston-area radio show. “We talk about players' safety, about hits and all that, and that's certainly an area that should always be addressed. There's nothing more important than player safety. To me, player safety starts on the surface that we play on.” He called Reliant's field, which is made up of large, thick squares of living grass resting on tray-like pallets, “just inconsistent. It's all the little trays of grass and some of them are soft and some of them are firm, and they don't all fit well together, those seams. Some of it feels like a sponge, some of it feels real firm and hard like the Miami surface. One step you're on one, the other step you're on another.” Belichick was seen huddling with a group of his offensive linemen at midfield before the game. The Boston Globe reported a couple of the players pointed at the ground and Belichick kicked at the grass, loosening a divot. Then, a little over five minutes into the game after Welker had caught a short pass from Tom Brady, he cut sharply to avoid Texans safety Bernard Pollard and went down without being hit. “I really think it's one of the worst fields I've seen,” said Belichick, who won one of his three Super Bowls at Reliant in 2004. “I walked out there and I thought it was terrible. You think it's going to grab and it gives. You think it's going to give and it grabs. That's where you get those non-contact injuries like we saw Sunday.” Welker injury prompts ire A spokesperson for SMG, the stadium's management company and thus responsible for the condition of the field, said it would have no comment on Belichick's criticism. Reached Wednesday, Texans owner Bob McNair said he was unaware of Belichick's tirade, but he staunchly defended the Reliant surface. “If we'd had one of our best players injured on the field, I'd probably not feel good, either,” McNair said. “I was sorry to see Welker go down, too. But, when he made the cut — I've looked at it on film — his foot didn't slip out from under him. His knee just gave away. “The field was in good shape. None of our players complained about it. We all played on the same field, and we didn't experience those problems. ... Having seen the condition of some of the fields up in the Northeast, I don't see how he could complain about ours.” The Texans lost Pro Bowl tight end Owen Daniels under similar circumstances in Buffalo at midseason. Daniels also went down while changing direction and was never hit, but no one in the Texans organization blamed Rich Stadium's artificial turf. The Texas Bowl between Navy and Missouri had been played on the Reliant field Thursday and the quick turnaround made it impossible for all of the turf squares to be replaced, so the change-out was limited to midfield, the end zones and sections where the numbers were. The difference in the appearance of the new and the old grass was discernible from above. Patriots players, however didn't appear to be overly upset about the footing. “There were a couple slick spots,” safety James Sanders said after the game. “Our job is to show up and play on Sundays, no matter what the conditions are. The footing wasn't that bad.” Added wide receiver Julian Edelman: “It was a little soggy, but it wasn't too bad.” A survey done five years ago rated Reliant's field the fourth best in the NFL. The same portable grass system has been in place since the stadium opened in 2002. “If you look at it through the years, there hasn't been any real problems that I can think of,” said Texans right tackle Eric Winston, who has started every game at Reliant since early in 2006. “No chronic injuries in certain spots, no rash of certain kinds of injuries. It feels the same every week. They do a good job of putting it together. (The field) is OK by us. It's kind of hard to believe that's what caused (Welker's injury). You never know with the (seams where the trays of turf met), if he caught one bad, but I think it's one of those deals that was just a turn of bad luck.” ‘Silly nonsense' to Pitts Guard Chester Pitts, an original Texan who may have spent more time playing on the Reliant surface than anyone, was livid about Belichick's criticism, calling it “silly nonsense.” “I would bet every dollar I have that our field is top five in every category from looking good to being functional to being smooth and thick,” Pitts said. “As offensive linemen, we can even wear our nubby, Cadillac-type cleats on it. Our grounds crew spends all that time and energy doing a great job all year around and then suddenly, because Belichick loses a guy, it's a bad field? In comparison to that sorry Field Turf field (the Patriots) play on and that a lot of the teams use to take the easy way out and save money ... ah, just be quiet.”"]
• A closer look at Reliant turf

Bill Belichick's postgame news conferences are never convivial affairs, but his responses to questions Sunday, after the Texans rallied for 21 fourth-quarter points to beat his New England Patriots, seemed even more clipped and cryptic than usual.

Now we know why.

The coach was seething inside about the “terrible condition” of the Reliant Stadium turf, on which Patriots receiver Wes Welker had earlier suffered two torn knee ligaments without being hit. Welker, the NFL's leading receiver with 123 catches, will need reconstructive surgery. Belichick bit his tongue in Houston but has subsequently unloaded.

“For the level of play we have in the National Football League, I think consistency on the field would be priority No. 1,” Belichick complained on his Boston-area radio show. “We talk about players' safety, about hits and all that, and that's certainly an area that should always be addressed. There's nothing more important than player safety. To me, player safety starts on the surface that we play on.”

He called Reliant's field, which is made up of large, thick squares of living grass resting on tray-like pallets, “just inconsistent. It's all the little trays of grass and some of them are soft and some of them are firm, and they don't all fit well together, those seams. Some of it feels like a sponge, some of it feels real firm and hard like the Miami surface. One step you're on one, the other step you're on another.”

Belichick was seen huddling with a group of his offensive linemen at midfield before the game. The Boston Globe reported a couple of the players pointed at the ground and Belichick kicked at the grass, loosening a divot.

Then, a little over five minutes into the game after Welker had caught a short pass from Tom Brady, he cut sharply to avoid Texans safety Bernard Pollard and went down without being hit.

“I really think it's one of the worst fields I've seen,” said Belichick, who won one of his three Super Bowls at Reliant in 2004. “I walked out there and I thought it was terrible. You think it's going to grab and it gives. You think it's going to give and it grabs. That's where you get those non-contact injuries like we saw Sunday.”
Welker injury prompts ire

A spokesperson for SMG, the stadium's management company and thus responsible for the condition of the field, said it would have no comment on Belichick's criticism. Reached Wednesday, Texans owner Bob McNair said he was unaware of Belichick's tirade, but he staunchly defended the Reliant surface.

“If we'd had one of our best players injured on the field, I'd probably not feel good, either,” McNair said. “I was sorry to see Welker go down, too. But, when he made the cut — I've looked at it on film — his foot didn't slip out from under him. His knee just gave away.

“The field was in good shape. None of our players complained about it. We all played on the same field, and we didn't experience those problems. ... Having seen the condition of some of the fields up in the Northeast, I don't see how he could complain about ours.”

The Texans lost Pro Bowl tight end Owen Daniels under similar circumstances in Buffalo at midseason. Daniels also went down while changing direction and was never hit, but no one in the Texans organization blamed Rich Stadium's artificial turf.

The Texas Bowl between Navy and Missouri had been played on the Reliant field Thursday and the quick turnaround made it impossible for all of the turf squares to be replaced, so the change-out was limited to midfield, the end zones and sections where the numbers were. The difference in the appearance of the new and the old grass was discernible from above.

Patriots players, however didn't appear to be overly upset about the footing.

“There were a couple slick spots,” safety James Sanders said after the game. “Our job is to show up and play on Sundays, no matter what the conditions are. The footing wasn't that bad.”

Added wide receiver Julian Edelman: “It was a little soggy, but it wasn't too bad.”

A survey done five years ago rated Reliant's field the fourth best in the NFL. The same portable grass system has been in place since the stadium opened in 2002.

“If you look at it through the years, there hasn't been any real problems that I can think of,” said Texans right tackle Eric Winston, who has started every game at Reliant since early in 2006. “No chronic injuries in certain spots, no rash of certain kinds of injuries. It feels the same every week. They do a good job of putting it together. (The field) is OK by us. It's kind of hard to believe that's what caused (Welker's injury). You never know with the (seams where the trays of turf met), if he caught one bad, but I think it's one of those deals that was just a turn of bad luck.”
‘Silly nonsense' to Pitts

Guard Chester Pitts, an original Texan who may have spent more time playing on the Reliant surface than anyone, was livid about Belichick's criticism, calling it “silly nonsense.”

“I would bet every dollar I have that our field is top five in every category from looking good to being functional to being smooth and thick,” Pitts said. “As offensive linemen, we can even wear our nubby, Cadillac-type cleats on it. Our grounds crew spends all that time and energy doing a great job all year around and then suddenly, because Belichick loses a guy, it's a bad field? In comparison to that sorry Field Turf field (the Patriots) play on and that a lot of the teams use to take the easy way out and save money ... ah, just be quiet.”

Anyone, that's ever been on Reliant's field, especially AFTER a game, you will have appreciated what Belichick was referring to.
Longest link ever.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Longest link ever.
Sorry, screwed up on the initial post......but corrected it up above. [You were too quick for me!]
Old 12-04-2011   #13
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You'd think the Texans would replace the turf after the high school games that had just been played there. They have two turfs they can use, unless the other one had already been chewed up also from football games.
Then the grounds keeper should be fired and McNair should re-write who gets to used the stadium when. If I spent almost a billion dollars on this team, just to see the players I am paying millions of dollars go down on the best season ever, potentially superbowl good, I would be chewing the mayors ass, city council, reliant, and anyone else I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
How do you justify letting a bunch of high schoolers tear up your field the night before men who are worth millions of dollars have to play on there the next morning
Why can't they use the Dynamo field? That would make more sense. I guarantee that highschool game can't fill up that stadium. They have a better chance at that dynamo field.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #14
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost makes me wish we still had Astroturf. It hurt like hell to play on, but no one was going to get tripped up on it and pull a hamstring or sprain an ankle.
Old 12-04-2011   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Almost makes me wish we still had Astroturf. It hurt like hell to play on, but no one was going to get tripped up on it and pull a hamstring or sprain an ankle.
You are kidding, aren't you?!
Old 12-04-2011   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Then the grounds keeper should be fired and McNair should re-write who gets to used the stadium when. If I spent almost a billion dollars on this team, just to see the players I am paying millions of dollars go down on the best season ever, potentially superbowl good, I would be chewing the mayors ass, city council, reliant, and anyone else I could find.

Why can't they use the Dynamo field? That would make more sense. I guarantee that highschool game can't fill up that stadium. They have a better chance at that dynamo field.

Same problem the Dolphins deal with.
Old 12-04-2011   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right. Astroturf didn't just hurt like hell. It ruined careers.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #18
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course. The key word was "almost". Trust me, I've played on Astroturf and it sucks hard core; may as well be playing on cement.
Old 12-04-2011   #19
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
High Schoolers or College kids. Only allow the Stadium to be used on weeks the Texans aren't in Houston.
Old 12-04-2011   #20
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think they just replace some of the squares. That could lead to some of the problems.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read