Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson hammy injury: Early reports say "not serious"

Early reports is that Kubiak does not think it's serious.

Quote:
Coach Gary Kubiak said after the game that the injury is not believe to be serious, but the team will have to wait until Monday to know more.
Old 12-04-2011   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson hammy injury: Early reports say "not serious"

This was the other leg, IIRC. Not the one he had injured earlier in the season.

So maybe it's pulled and needs rest. Wondering if this is a no-practice and just ride the bike all week, or if it's the old 2 to 3 week rest like we saw with Foster earlier in the season.
Old 12-04-2011   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing he doesn't play next week, even if it's not major. It's probably going to be cold in Cincinnati, and that type of weather isn't the best way to come back from a muscle injury.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'm guessing he doesn't play next week, even if it's not major. It's probably going to be cold in Cincinnati, and that type of weather isn't the best way to come back from a muscle injury.
I would take the approach of: Let's sit him until playoffs.

If we make it, we got him back. If not, then we didn't risk him blowing the left hammy.
Old 12-04-2011   #5
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cautiously good news if true. Still have to shut him down next week at minimum, I think. And I'm leaning toward not bringing him back until the playoffs or until there's a must-win regular season game, whichever comes first.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #6
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

So maybe it's pulled and needs rest. Wondering if this is a no-practice and just ride the bike all week, or if it's the old 2 to 3 week rest like we saw with Foster earlier in the season.
Rest that thing for the playoffs. We showed that we can still play without him, and if we drop one to the Bengals its not the end of the world. Cincy didnt play well today and I think we can beat them without Dre. Sit him for a few weeks and let him play the Tennessee game at the end of the season if he feels up to it.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #7
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to do it but I am a bit pessimistic about the injury, after all of the information CND passed along about the injury that involved the surgery that we weren't officially told about it makes me think that his old injured leg isn't really 100% and its causing problems with his "good" leg by trying to compensate for the lack of strength in it. I honestly don't know if he will be back this season.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know they are 9-3 with the #1 seed and #80 is a big part of the offense ..... But I almost want to pull the plug on AJ's season get him back healthy rather than risk another more serious injury.

Looking at all the injuries this team has sustained I wonder if its worth it to potentially compramise his career .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #9
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
I hate to do it but I am a bit pessimistic about the injury, after all of the information CND passed along about the injury that involved the surgery that we weren't officially told about it makes me think that his old injured leg isn't really 100% and its causing problems with his "good" leg by trying to compensate for the lack of strength in it. I honestly don't know if he will be back this season.
I figured it had more to do with the fact that he has been on the shelf for so long and is now trying to go full speed without having enough time to get his body ready. I have no more info than you or anyone else so this is all just conjecture, but I think this is just a plain ole pulled hammy like a lot of guys get at the start of the season who missed training camp. He's just too strong and fast for his own good, his body couldn't take it yet.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #10
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would take the approach of: Let's sit him until playoffs.

If we make it, we got him back. If not, then we didn't risk him blowing the left hammy.
Sit him until the game before the playoffs. Let him shake some rust off. But limit his reps to like 10-15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
This is what I fear. What if his other hamstring tore because of the expiremental procedure that AJ went through.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

HoustonTexans TWITTER
Quote:
@johnson80 on his left hammy: "I know it's not as bad as the last injury I had, but I'm def. worried about it. It just didn't feel right."
15 minutes ago
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #12
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he should play next week. If there is any doubt whatsoever about his health, sit him. I am really starting to doubt this medical staff.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
I figured it had more to do with the fact that he has been on the shelf for so long and is now trying to go full speed without having enough time to get his body ready. I have no more info than you or anyone else so this is all just conjecture, but I think this is just a plain ole pulled hammy like a lot of guys get at the start of the season who missed training camp. He's just too strong and fast for his own good, his body couldn't take it yet.
Being "on the shelf" also would contribute to inadequate full speed rehab of an injury........Pushing too much too quickly will always contribute to increased risk of re-injury and new injury. If you are pushing full speed on an injury that is not prepared for the continuous extreme stress of a real game, you will see re-injury or a need to compensate with additional stress on another joint or muscle (many times on the opposite side) which in turn commonly leads to the injury of the other overly stressed structure.

Even Kubiak admitted LAST game that he probably played AJ too long. To that statement, he probably should have added "too soon."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #14
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Losing Dre hurts the entire. It will hurt TJ because the defense won't double him any more and send an extra man at him. It will hurt the running game in the same way because someone extra will be in the box. That means the offense will be on the field shorter, the defense on the field longer getting them gassed.

Sigh, I hat when the win doesn't feel like a win.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #15
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we save him for the playoffs at this point.

It's 'not serious' but Foster's pre-season hammy injury wasn't serious either.

Sounds like he tweaked a hammy today and is already dealing with the previous one that was clipped. Sounds like for Andre and the teams sake he should be rested as much as possible.

I dunno, i'm not even close to being a doctor but it would suck if AJ missed our first playoff game. Hell, it wouldn't even feel like we've made the playoffs if he didn't play. It'd be like some cruel joke...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I think we save him for the playoffs at this point.

It's 'not serious' but Foster's pre-season hammy injury wasn't serious either.

Sounds like he tweaked a hammy today and is already dealing with the previous one that was clipped. Sounds like for Andre and the teams sake he should be rested as much as possible.

I dunno, i'm not even close to being a doctor but it would suck if AJ missed our first playoff game. Hell, it wouldn't even feel like we've made the playoffs if he didn't play. It'd be like some cruel joke...

Agreed. Just save him for playoffs now.
Old 12-04-2011   #17
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Losing Dre hurts the entire. It will hurt TJ because the defense won't double him any more and send an extra man at him. It will hurt the running game in the same way because someone extra will be in the box. That means the offense will be on the field shorter, the defense on the field longer getting them gassed.

Sigh, I hat when the win doesn't feel like a win.
it didnt look like the falcons were doubling him either, every time i saw him he was 1 on 1 except that last play when he got hurt.
Old 12-04-2011   #18
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 474 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean...we are playing for home field advantage in the playoffs...every game now is like a playoff game. I don't want to sit AJ if he doesn't have to sit...Why would we sit the best receiver in the game if the docs clear him?
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Where is Derrick Mason? Where is Bryant Johnson?

Why do we pick up WRs like those two guys and just almost completely ignore them on the field during a game?

I was Jacoby Jones' biggest advocate on here to begin the season, but the guy is careless on his route running (he's had SOME good games at it, though) and I just don't trust him in must-have, gotta'-get situations.

I suppose Owen Daniels and a sprinkling of Kevin Walter is our only legitimate receiving threats? This is not going to hold up well later on in the season or playoffs.

This team has to get Mason and Bryant Johnson catching passes and being contributors in games.
Old 12-04-2011   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Where is Derrick Mason? Where is Bryant Johnson?

Why do we pick up WRs like those two guys and just almost completely ignore them on the field during a game?

I was Jacoby Jones' biggest advocate on here to begin the season, but the guy is careless on his route running (he's had SOME good games at it, though) and I just don't trust him in must-have, gotta'-get situations.

I suppose Owen Daniels and a sprinkling of Kevin Walter is our only legitimate receiving threats? This is not going to hold up well later on in the season or playoffs.

This team has to get Mason and Bryant Johnson catching passes and being contributors in games.
I am a bit concerned with the lack of James Casey in the receiving game since he's returned. He can be a nice security blanket for TJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read