Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston We have a QB

Just cause you know the headline would have been Houston we have a problem if Yates had played bad!
Old 12-04-2011   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston We have a QB

Jamie Dukes doesn't think Texans can win vs. top AFC team with Yates at QB.

Also isn't impressed with Tebow, either.

I switched it over to NFLN right after the game, and the other two guys on the show were laughing at Jamie Dukes for being so dead serious about how Yates and Tebow can't compete vs. the Steelers/Patriots/Ravens.

LOL. I hope Yates grows from this and takes off like a rocket.
Old 12-04-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates can be an effective game manager and toss the ball enough to keep us on the right track. By the time we're in the playoffs, he'll have enough experience to compete.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think AJ & JJ should have caught a pass that each dropped and Yates would have looked even better. In this offense our QB needs to be a manager & Yates did well.
Old 12-04-2011   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yates can be an effective game manager and toss the ball enough to keep us on the right track. By the time we're in the playoffs, he'll have enough experience to compete.
Yep, learn the next 4 games, get us a division title (gravy if it's a first-round bye), then kick some AFC ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say one game is probably too little a sample size. But man he did everything he was asked to do. He missed that some receivers were open and threw elsewhere, but I think that will come with experience.

He did nothing that concerns me. He's got a great arm, good pocket presence, can make plays with his feet, and he's got good poise. We don't need him to win games, but it certainly helps that he can make throws when we need him to.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #7
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

It's night and day comparing TJ Yates's pocket presence to that of Blaine "I panic after my internal clock ticks off 1 second" Gabbert. He stays poised and keeps his eyes down field and has some nice escapability moves
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

How bout give Kubiak and Greg Knapp some credit for getting the rookie ready at the most important position in team sports.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

To do what he did against a team that considers itself a contender is impressive. He's only gonna get better. Let's see how he does without AJ though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston We have a QB
So tired of that line.
Old 12-04-2011   #11
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

No question TJ looked impressive today, but remember guys, the falcons secondary sucks and they missed their two best corners. Also he probably won't have his top receiver for a while, but great win anyway.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #12
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
No question TJ looked impressive today, but remember guys, the falcons secondary sucks and they missed their two best corners. Also he probably won't have his top receiver for a while, but great win anyway.
Maybe, but I thought the most impressive part of TJ's game had little to do with the secondary -- to me the best part was the poise in the pocket, the instinctive ability to sense the rush and the pocket collapsing, and moving out of harm's way to preserve his body and a chance to make the play.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Jamie Dukes doesn't think Texans can win ...
F#@& Jamie Dukes ... biggest id!ot on NFL TV. (pardon my french)

TJ needs to work on his accuracy a bit, and receivers need to learn to catch his ball .... but not too bad for first outing.
Old 12-04-2011   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Maybe, but I thought the most impressive part of TJ's game had little to do with the secondary -- to me the best part was the poise in the pocket, the instinctive ability to sense the rush and the pocket collapsing, and moving out of harm's way to preserve his body and a chance to make the play.
agreed. yates just looks natural in the pocket. he stands tall, sees the field, can move in the pocket, and has a great quick accurate release. unlike some of the guys we've brought in (leinart, orlovsky), yates makes mental progressions as fast as schaub.

the only knocks i find on yates dont even belong to being a rookie, he doesnt look like a rookie out there. the knock is that his timing and reads are a little off ... that's simply a lack of 1st team practice.

i said it during preseason, this kid is raw and will need some time, but he looks special. my impression is the same today, raw and needs more time, but looks special.
Old 12-04-2011   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
F#@& Jamie Dukes ... biggest id!ot on NFL TV. (pardon my french)

TJ needs to work on his accuracy a bit, and receivers need to learn to catch his ball .... but not too bad for first outing.
I agree, I cant stand the dude.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think AJ & JJ should have caught a pass that each dropped and Yates would have looked even better. In this offense our QB needs to be a manager & Yates did well.
I agree with that to a certain degree, but he actually made plays out there today.

If he plays like he played today for the rest of his career he'd still be a decent qb.

If he actually develops like I would assume he would then he may actually cross over into baller status for real.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was expecting him to look bad in this game and vs. the Bengals and then get it together against the Panthers and Colts in time to whip the Titans.

Maybe my timetable is off.
Old 12-04-2011   #18
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And similar to Showtime100...I'm So tired of that line.
Old 12-04-2011   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They dont give extra credit for who you beat in the NFL .... this aint the BCS , a W is a W no matter which way you slice it up ..... and I'll take every one this team can get.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #20
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
They dont give extra credit for who you beat in the NFL .... this aint the BCS , a W is a W no matter which way you slice it up ..... and I'll take every one this team can get.
Agree. W is a W. no doubt!!!

Go TJ!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read