Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #61
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When do we end the Kareem experiment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Looks like his arm is in there to me.....
Old 12-04-2011   #62
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
watch NFL Network they show a perfect replay, KJAC had no impact on that play. Julios bad hands are what impacted that play.
Old 12-04-2011   #63
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, his arm is underneath Jones' arm.

EDIT: But it's not clear from that photo what impact KJ's arm/hand may have had after the photo was snapped.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #64
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
watch NFL Network they show a perfect replay, KJAC had no impact on that play. Julios bad hands are what impacted that play.
why watch a replay when you can CLEARLY see his arm in a still picture, put down the beer and get some sleep old man, we won
Old 12-04-2011   #65
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
No, his arm is underneath Jones' arm.
underneath HITTING HIS ARM, you ever try to catch a ball while someone was hitting your arm? thats what corners do, his your arms or the ball....quit bitching like little school girls already my god
Old 12-04-2011   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans obviously still need to work on defending Hail Mary passes as there were 3 guys standing there looking at Julio. It was poorly defended.

C'mon, Wade ... look up 2010 vs. Jaguars???

And we also had an awful end zone breakdown on White's TD.

But KJ had an overall pretty good game, nice interception.
Old 12-04-2011   #67
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2649 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah i realized that after i had already posted. oh well, he was beat and the ball was under thrown, let me watch it again.

Yeah the ball was badly thrown and right to him. Matt Ryan had a lot of nad throws today, but hey congrats to Kjac for getting the INT.
Yet you conveniently ignore my argument. He was not beat. He just picked up a man who probably should have been covered by the safeties. This was originally Joseph's man. Both safeties bit the run fake.

As for the last play. I was at the game at the opposite endzone so couldn't say for sure. I watched the replays and agree that KJ should had made a better play on the ball. He had better positioning and had tracked the ball before the receiver looked at it. At that point he should have beat him to the spot and made an attempt and knocking the ball down
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #68
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
why watch a replay when you can CLEARLY see his arm in a still picture, put down the beer and get some sleep old man, we won
yeah his "Hand" was in there but he didnt even pull Julios arm down our touch the ball. he had no effect on that play. The highlights are there, i think some just refuse to watch.
Old 12-04-2011   #69
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah his "Hand" was in there but he didnt even pull Julios arm down our touch the ball. he had no effect on that play. The highlights are there, i think some just refuse to watch.
You should call out TJ Yates while you're at it for throwing that pick-6. That result was just as meaningless.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #70
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Some people are still stuck in last year. Just face it, KJ is improving and Kubiak is a good coach.
Old 12-04-2011   #71
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've watched the NFL Network replay a number of times now and KJ's glove is clearly visible on Jones' arm the entire time the ball is in play.

It's not clear that KJ is pulling Jones' arm down.

It's also not clear that he isn't.
Old 12-04-2011   #72
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
underneath HITTING HIS ARM, you ever try to catch a ball while someone was hitting your arm? thats what corners do, his your arms or the ball....quit bitching like little school girls already my god
The histrionics are all yours.

I was making an observation.
Old 12-04-2011   #73
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I've watched the NFL Network replay a number of times now and KJ's glove is clearly visible on Jones' arm the entire time the ball is in play.

It's not clear that KJ is pulling Jones' arm down.

It's also not clear that he isn't.
KJ could have playd that one better; but still he recovered and put his arm between Julio arms (that's what a CB is supposed to do) and thenpulled on Julio's left arm.
He was credited with a pass defended by NFL.com

3-15-HOU 30 (:01) (Shotgun) 2-M.Ryan pass incomplete deep left to 11-J.Jones (25-K.Jackson).

If Jackson had nothing to do with the play, he wouldn't have been credited with anything.

His INT came on the 2-man route that I had described several times.
Jackson was the off-side CB (RCB).
The receiver (White) came from the other side of the field (JJo's man).
Julio was Jackson's man; he ran the crossing route while White ran the post route.
The Texans had a drop-kick call on, Jackson did his job nicely and intercepted the ball.

Quit being HATERS! LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #74
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
KJ could have playd that one better; but still he recovered and put his arm between Julio arms (that's what a CB is supposed to do) and thenpulled on Julio's left arm.
He was credited with a pass defended by NFL.com

3-15-HOU 30 (:01) (Shotgun) 2-M.Ryan pass incomplete deep left to 11-J.Jones (25-K.Jackson).

His INT came on the 2-man route that I had described several times.
Jackson was the off-side CB (LCB).
The receiver (White) came from the other side of the field (JJo's man).
Julio was Jackson's man; he ran the crossing route while White ran the post route.
The Texans had a drop-kick call on, Jackson did his job nicely and intercepted the ball.

Quit being HATERS! LOL!
Jackson did not pull Julios arm down. Like i told everyone, watch NFL Network they have the perfect replay to show KJAC did nothing but give Julio a perfect chance to tie the game.
Old 12-04-2011   #75
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jackson did not pull Julios arm down. Like i told everyone, watch NFL Network they have the perfect replay to show KJAC did nothing but give Julio a perfect chance to tie the game.
I did!

Quit being a HATER!

When you refuse to take NFL.com assesment, you might want to... never mind!

I won't respond to you again on this matter.
It was booked as a PD by Jackson.
Deal with it!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #76
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

watch this at the 3:05 minute mark, julio jones swats his own ball down. Kjac had nothing to do with him not catching the ball

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ans-highlights
Old 12-04-2011   #77
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
those stats prove nothing for KJ considering J Allen played half the time.
Actually it makes KJ look a lot better when you factor that he got 3 tackles, 1 INT, and 1 PD in half the defensive snaps.

Ouch!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownsb View Post
I have had enough. That last play could havwe cost us a W. How many plays do we let this guy give up before we end this. Very frustrating to watch.
Julio Jones had the ball in his hands. Kj grabbed one of his arms causing the ball to not be in his hands by the time his feet hit the ground.

Of course, if that were you or me out there, the ball would never have been in Jones' hands, but a pass defended is a pass defended.
Old 12-04-2011   #79
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

by the time Kjac finally starts pulling his arm down, the ball is already out of Julios hands. Jackson had bad coverage. 76 even if he had caught that ball you would still defend Jackson. When it comes to Kjac i listen to you about as much as a 16 year old listens to their parents.
Old 12-04-2011   #80
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
watch this at the 3:05 minute mark, julio jones swats his own ball down. Kjac had nothing to do with him not catching the ball

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ans-highlights
Who would you rather have in the game? KJ is far from perfect, but he is a good football player and is the 2nd/3rd best corner on this team.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read