Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #41
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When do we end the Kareem experiment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He was watching the play, like he was a paying customer who had the best seat in the house. LOL.

I had my hands on top of my head, jaw dropped, eyes bugged out. I couldn't even talk for about 5 seconds after the play was over. I just was frozen in that position, in a mini-coma from the shock of how Julio Jones dropped the pass and KJ had zero impact on the play. Zero.
yeah i know, i think some people didnt see that play and are just chimming in, oh well we got luck we won. And we are 9-3 so i'll take it, but i still feel KJACs coverage will come back to bite us in a game that REALLY REALLY matters.
Old 12-04-2011   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
KJ was part of the problem last year. KJ is part of the success this year.
Exactly. While he isn't a great CB, he is doing much better than last year. If he keeps improving, he might be a great CB. I see no sense in still being mad at him for his pathetic play last year. That's last year, and this is a new year and we got the number 1 defense in the NFL. Still.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #43
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Yeah, they switch in and out because they play about at the same level and stay fresh this way. I never said he plays the same level as JoJo. Jojo is a beast and a top5 CB in the league. KJ is slightly above average and somewhere around the top 30-40 CB in the league.

I just say: whenever KJ makes a mistake a lot of guys go out very vocally and say: he sucks, cut him, end the experiment. Now he didn`t make a lot of mistakes the last 6 weeks so we didn`t hear a lot about this, but today because he ALMOST allowed a last second catch (after playing pretty decent before) the discussion starts again.

But when a guy like JoJo makes a mistake (he was burned in the 1st quarter as well, and he allowed a couple of other catches) we don`t hear much criticism because we know how good he is.

Now just believe, that KJ isn`t that bad as you think. He is decent. Not a #1 CB but a more than serviceable #2CB. About as good as Allen (Allen makes the INTs, KJ makes the big tackles in run support and ST) but still a couple of years younger.

KJ was part of the problem last year. KJ is part of the success this year.
Great post, I agree with a lot of it. I think KJ and Allen are around the same level and I love the combination we've been using recently.

The improvement that KJ has made this year is lightyears away from where he was last year, imagine if he can continue to improve at this rate. We as fans have to remember he's a second yearp layer
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #44
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

If KJ was playing poorly we'd be seeing him a lot more often. Aside from his pick, and a big hit to break up a play (on a guy he wasn't even covering), and that hail mary, I didn't see Jackson often. Was pretty happy with that.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #45
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownsb View Post
I have had enough. That last play could havwe cost us a W. How many plays do we let this guy give up before we end this. Very frustrating to watch.
Woulda Coulda Shoulda ...... and if frog a woulda had wings they wouldnt bump their ass when they hop.

Jackson had a pretty solid day as did the entire defense giving up just .... 10 points to an offense who threw the ball 40+ times today.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Great post, I agree with a lot of it. I think KJ and Allen are around the same level and I love the combination we've been using recently.

The improvement that KJ has made this year is lightyears away from where he was last year, imagine if he can continue to improve at this rate. We as fans have to remember he's a second yearp layer
I think the improvement of the defense as a whole is why a lot of people say "I think KJ has improved from last year."

No pass rush last year, subpar LB play, and a weak Safety (Pollard) against the pass meant the CBs had to play up a little bit...and they didn't. Now we have a pass rush, we have a real safety (Manning) and a real d-coord (Phillips), and a true #1 CB to play against teams' best WR; it all means KJ's ineffectiveness gets masked a little bit better.

That last play, IMO, is the crux of the KJ problem--A bit slow to make a play when it's a deeper pass thrown on him. Good at the shallow stuff, don't get me wrong, but long passes seem to be his downfall a lot.

I give him credit, though: Makes sure tackles in the run game, held onto his interception today, and played pretty good overall.
Old 12-04-2011   #47
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

[IMG][/IMG]
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #48
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a video of the last 8 seconds, replays and all.

Link

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #49
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownsb View Post
I have had enough. That last play could havwe cost us a W. How many plays do we let this guy give up before we end this. Very frustrating to watch.
Atlanta averages 23.5 ppg. Today they got 10.
Matty Ice averages a 62.4 % percentage. Today he was around 43%.
He averages 7.33 yards a pass completion, today he got 5.8.
His typical QB rating is 89.3. Today it was 52.7.

KJ had 1 pass deflection and 1 INT. Was he a superstar? No. Did he play poorly? nope.

Sorry, your argument falls flat on its face. Next time use stats, not emotion.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Facts are the defense only gave up 10 pts against a very high powered offense.

KJ didn't have a good game today. But he's so much better than he was last yr. Atleast he didn't allow any huge game changing plays.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #51
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post

KJ had 1 pass deflection and 1 INT. Was he a superstar? No. Did he play poorly? nope.

Those numbers force his credibility meter into a nose dive ...... Somewhere near absolute zero.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-04-2011   #52
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post

those stats prove nothing for KJ considering J Allen played half the time.
Old 12-04-2011   #53
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
u do realize he was beat on his INT right, thank god the ball was underthrown and the WR had to turn around and run back like 10 yards to try to stop it....haha
Now I know you are grasping at straws. That wasn't even his man.

Kareem was covering the left half. His man ran a slant route. Both safeties bit the flea flicker. Joseph released white to cover the slant as he ran towards his sideline. Luckily KJ was there to cover the skinny post route. He wasn't beat, and you can see him waiting on the ball.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #54
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
u do realize he was beat on his INT right, thank god the ball was underthrown and the WR had to turn around and run back like 10 yards to try to stop it....haha
Shut up , go drink another beer ..... game over 17-10 Texans WIN.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-04-2011   #55
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post

Kareem was covering the left half. His man ran a slant route. Both safeties bit the flea flicker. Joseph released white to cover the slant as he ran towards his sideline. Luckily KJ was there to cover the skinny post route. He wasn't beat, and you can see him waiting on the ball.
beat me to it
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #56
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Shut up , go drink another beer ..... game over 17-10 Texans WIN.
....even with Kareem. The Texans must be really good.
Old 12-04-2011   #57
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:

dude go watch NFL Network they have a perfect replay that shows KJac having NO impact on the play. Julio Dropped it, Kjac got lucky. I'm not grasping at straws. The proof is in all the different camera angels on replays. Go watch them all and you tell me that KJac made a play, you wont be able to.
Old 12-04-2011   #58
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

psst, Ellis - he's talking about a different play now, you know - the other one you brought up?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #59
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
dude go watch NFL Network they have a perfect replay that shows KJac having NO impact on the play. Julio Dropped it, Kjac got lucky. I'm not grasping at straws. The proof is in all the different camera angels on replays. Go watch them all and you tell me that KJac made a play, you wont be able to.
Wow, Now I know you are delusional. You don't even know what plays you are referring to now.

BUt BUT BUT KJ GOT BURNNEED Incomprehensible logic mixed with burnt toast analogies.
/Ellis
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #60
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Wow, Now I know you are delusional. You don't even know what plays you are referring to now.

BUt BUT BUT KJ GOT BURNNEED Incomprehensible logic mixed with burnt toast analogies.
/Ellis
yeah i realized that after i had already posted. oh well, he was beat and the ball was under thrown, let me watch it again.

Yeah the ball was badly thrown and right to him. Matt Ryan had a lot of nad throws today, but hey congrats to Kjac for getting the INT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read