Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2011   #321
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: When do we end the Kareem experiment?

If you're going to have a db who can't find the ball, they should've kept jacquez reeves.
Old 12-23-2011   #322
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How many yrs does KJ have to get burned by Wayne before Gary realizes that KJ cant cover him?

We miss you Wade.
The same applies to JJo on Garcon!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #323
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
If you're going to have a db who can't find the ball, they should've kept jacquez reeves.
Except that Wade wants no more part of Reeves!

You talk like a DB is taught to locate the ball on every single play.
How about that play when JJo was burned by Steve Smith when he tried to locate the ball?
Old 12-23-2011   #324
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Quin was all over the receiver for that PI; that could have been a TD just the same.
I don't agree with the Quin PI. The contact started well within the 5 yards. The receiver never made any attempt to separate, he tried to run through Quin till he made his break. Then the ball was in the air & Quin was going for the ball.
Old 12-23-2011   #325
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How many yrs does KJ have to get burned by Wayne before Gary realizes that KJ cant cover him?

We miss you Wade.
2 catches 26 yards & a TD.

I think Kj did as good a job as anyone on Reggie Wayne.
Old 12-23-2011   #326
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, I never saw this post. Regardless of what happened tonight (I didn't get to see the game), I'd like to address some of these points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
buddy boy please show me the last thread i made about KJ, i comment in other threads that other people make when they talk bad about J.Allen
Okay...nothing I said, EVER, said anything that this would address. Stop arguing against no one, it's too easy to win.

Quote:
Yes it is apparent that i dont like KJ, that is obvious. I only say what i say because of threads like this, cause now KJ is SOOOO good that he never needs safety help and Allen ALWAYS needs it haha. Last season KJ sucked because the safties didnt help him enough or they sucked (according to 76 and TK) but, now all the sudden he succeeds with no safety help. Give me a break.
It's true that safety help makes corners better. And it's true that corners get beat. And it's true that sometimes, the safety is to blame. Please, note, and pay attention, I am NOT saying that KJ is never to blame. I am not saying that Allen is always to blame. And I don't think anyone but 76 have said anything about KJ being amazing, we've all just been happy with his (limited) progress.

Quote:
Oh and KJ really really really sucks still
That whole response, and not only did you not address my main point, but you emphasized it. You're just giddy that Jackson's hurting the team, aren't you? Who roots against their own team, hoping that their opinion will be justified? Pathetic.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #327
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't agree with the Quin PI. The contact started well within the 5 yards. The receiver never made any attempt to separate, he tried to run through Quin till he made his break. Then the ball was in the air & Quin was going for the ball.
I'm not 100% sure about the rules, but I think the 5-yd chuck rule cannot apply here.

When the ball leaves the QB's hand, the DB can't hit the receiver until the ball arrives.

Maybe we'll have an explanation next week?!?
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2011   #328
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Except that Wade wants no more part of Reeves!

You talk like a DB is taught to locate the ball on every single play.
How about that play when JJo was burned by Steve Smith when he tried to locate the ball?
I hope you're not serious,lol. Its called ball skills. Yes the db is taught from an early ae to locate the ball when the wr turns and looks for the ball or he shows his hands. Now when a qb throws the back shoulder pass to perfection, its not a lot that can be done, but on those last 2 plays by wayne, his lack of ball skills showed. Just like the julio jones play in which jones just dropped the game tying td. Reggie wayne isn't a rookie wr who isn't used to catching the ball in traffic.
Old 12-23-2011   #329
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure about the rules, but I think the 5-yd chuck rule cannot apply here.

When the ball leaves the QB's hand, the DB can't hit the receiver until the ball arrives.

Maybe we'll have an explanation next week?!?
I looked at that play again and I can see why it was called. Quin had his off arm (right in this case) wrapped around the receiver. Never moved it off the receiver's body when the ball was in flight. Given that the ref who called it was behind the play, he probably thought that contact had more impact on the play than it really did. But the way they were calling incidental, ticky-tacky stuff, I'm not surprised it was called.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #330
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. But KJ is one of Kubes draft choices.
Just happy and lucky Julio dropped the ball in the Bengal game. Could of easily been a repeat tonight
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #331
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't believe there are still people defending KJ. How many big Plays does be have to give up before people realize he is J Reeves all over again? Honestly in he last two years I can count on one hand how many times he has turned,ocatex the ball and made a play on the ball. They should move him to safety and see if he has anything there warranting him holding down a roster spot.

Anyone still defending this POS is just not willing to admit they are wrong.
Old 12-23-2011   #332
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14129 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Can't believe there are still people defending KJ. How many big Plays does be have to give up before people realize he is J Reeves all over again? Honestly in he last two years I can count on one hand how many times he has turned,ocatex the ball and made a play on the ball. They should move him to safety and see if he has anything there warranting him holding down a roster spot.

KJ this, KJ that...Its the coach's decision to have him in there and Kubiak is not making that call. Either way, KJ is partly the blame in any play that he is a part of that is successful for the offense just by nature of the game as with any DB. However, there is no way I'm letting Reggie Wayne go 1 on 1 with anyone in that situation.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #333
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Oh, I never saw this post. Regardless of what happened tonight (I didn't get to see the game), I'd like to address some of these points.

Okay...nothing I said, EVER, said anything that this would address. Stop arguing against no one, it's too easy to win.

It's true that safety help makes corners better. And it's true that corners get beat. And it's true that sometimes, the safety is to blame. Please, note, and pay attention, I am NOT saying that KJ is never to blame. I am not saying that Allen is always to blame. And I don't think anyone but 76 have said anything about KJ being amazing, we've all just been happy with his (limited) progress.

That whole response, and not only did you not address my main point, but you emphasized it. You're just giddy that Jackson's hurting the team, aren't you? Who roots against their own team, hoping that their opinion will be justified? Pathetic.
first off you said i always take time to attack KJ, i simple asked for you to show me my last thread i made that was to bash KJ, i on the other hand can show u many more recent ones made by other posters to bash allen, so yes i retaliate, normal response wouldnt you say.

And i dont root against my own team i dont even root against KJ, i say and express what i see on the field, and last night i saw KJ give up a big play to wayne that put them inside the 20 and then i saw him give up the game winner, thank good julio cant hold onto the ball otherwise that woulda been 2 game winning TDs he gave up.
Old 12-23-2011   #334
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The same applies to JJo on Garcon!
jojo didnt give up a TD, our the game winner, and dont talk about the play where it would of been a TD if Watt hadnt knocked the ball down, same applies to KJ if julio jones hadnt dropped the ball.
Old 12-23-2011   #335
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ was terrible, but so was Allen.....Allen was being abused the first half then it was KJ, the difference was KJ was in there to LOSE the game for us.....both of them suck and we should cut them both this year and sign another corner....like Brent Grimes or Terrell Thomas or another solid number 2. McCain has been very good in the slot and we still have Harris in our back pocket......
Old 12-23-2011   #336
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Last season KJ sucked because the safties didnt help him enough or they sucked (according to 76 and TK)
For the record, I never said that. I said he played like a rookie CB & anyone expecting him to play better should have known better.
Old 12-23-2011   #337
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

I understand what you are saying. We need & have needed a playmaker at the CB position for a while now. Jjo looks to be that guy (most of the time) Kj does not.

But there are different kinds of Corners, just like there are different kinds of QBs. You have some like Deon Sanders who came into the league making big plays. Then you've got those like Revis where it took 3 or 4 years before they earned recognition as arguably one of the best in the game.

Then you've got those like Asomugha, took a couple of years, then people just stopped throwing his way. Not because Asomugha was a threat to intercept the ball & take it to the house. But because it was a wasted play. The guy was not going to catch the ball.

That's where I see Kj going. There are several games this year that no one talked about Kj. It's my opinion that no one talks about him, because the ball was rarely thrown his way. He's not making big plays, he's not intercepting the ball, but he's playing solid coverage & unless you're a coach grading players, you probably won't notice.

Kj played the first series yesterday, we got the quick turnover, then you didn't see Kj for the rest of the half. Once Orlovsky realized Allen can't cover Wayne, he went to Wayne with regularity. Short outs, come backs, Allen gives up all the underneath stuff.

Kj came back in the second half & Reggie didn't catch a ball on Kj till the final drive. If you go back & watch the game, it's tight coverage & DanO deciding to go somewhere else.

I'm not saying he's playing at an elite level. I'm saying he is playing at a high level with a high level of consistency.

We're complaining about 2 catches he allowed.
Old 12-23-2011   #338
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hope you're not serious,lol. Its called ball skills. Yes the db is taught from an early ae to locate the ball when the wr turns and looks for the ball or he shows his hands. Now when a qb throws the back shoulder pass to perfection, its not a lot that can be done, but on those last 2 plays by wayne, his lack of ball skills showed. Just like the julio jones play in which jones just dropped the game tying td. Reggie wayne isn't a rookie wr who isn't used to catching the ball in traffic.
I hope you're not serious.

Personally, I am serious, because I've heard an NFL coach talk about it, and I have seen segment in a playbook talk about it.
It wasn't elaborated, but it was clear that you cannot attempt to locate the ball all the time.
There are times to play the earlobe, and the eyes of the receiver.

Even Mayock talked about how JJo tried to peek to locate the ball and got burned by Steve Smith in the Panthers game.
Old 12-23-2011   #339
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That skinny post was on Demps.
Texans were in 1/4 on that side with Cushing and McCain in underneath zone.
The slot receiver (Collie) squat short of the first down marker (basically, he was already double-teamed by Cushing and McCain).
Demps inexplicably stepped down right behind Cushing.
That's definitely a poor play by Demps (bone-head).

To put this game on KJ is the job of the haters; they are doing their job well.
Here's straight from the horse mouth:

Kubiak
(on what happened to the defense on the Coltsí last drive of the game):
"We jumped a route with about 50 seconds left that we donít need to be jumping. Just make them throw it and tackle, so thatís discipline in what weíre doing."

This refers to Demps coming down away from his deep 1/4 responsibility as I mentioned.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...3-6a943c666378

Some of you guys do need to learn more about football.
And this is not a personal jab, because I do try to learn more football all the time.
Old 12-23-2011   #340
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's straight from the horse mouth:

Kubiak
(on what happened to the defense on the Coltsí last drive of the game):
"We jumped a route with about 50 seconds left that we donít need to be jumping. Just make them throw it and tackle, so thatís discipline in what weíre doing."

This refers to Demps coming down away from his deep 1/4 responsibility as I mentioned.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...3-6a943c666378

Some of you guys do need to learn more about football.
And this is not a personal jab, because I do try to learn more football all the time.
Yup and my knock is wtf was Demps even doing in there? We move Quin back there and we bring in Manning and Demps is still on the mother fn field....man it just irritates me

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read