Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2011   #261
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When do we end the Kareem experiment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It is a big deal that Kubiak gave him a game ball. I'm watching the game & I'm actually thinking Kareem has had better games. I don't necessarily agree with giving him a game ball, but I do believe if Gary & co. saw reason for it, then they saw reason for it.

He's had better opportunities to make a good "gesture" so I don't think that is what it was.
I'm watching the game and I am trying to see why he deserved the game ball over any other defensive players and IMO I think it has a lot to do with that INT early in the game...

That was a really good play by KJ. A great play in the context of helping the team win.

The reason I say this is because if KJ had not broken off and made that play that could have messed us up for the rest of the game. That was a TD, big play saving INT that he made. He was the only one back there to make the play and he f'n did it....

Also, on that last drive when Allen got hurt he came in and battled Julio pretty good despite the fact that they kept throwing the ball over there...

He had that big hit on Roddy White....

KJ fought his ass off that game.

Yeah he had some errors but the dude battled a pretty talented receiver.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #262
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

This is so much better than years past.

We are arguing over an incompletion in a WIN!

Not how did they blow a lead, I can't believe this play or that play or some unbelievable Hollywood ending for the other team. We've been saying for years that winners make those plays.

This play went to the Winner. It's amazing how many teams and players that looked like HOFers over the last few seasons now have bad games against us.

Wether or not KJ had anything to do with it, it wasn't a catch and we won.

This has been fun to watch, can we make this post 30 pages long?
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #263
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He has no hidden agenda. I have known rey for YEARS here, and I can tell you this about him: The guy will not agree with a person JUST to get along. He might like you and what you have to say on Topic A...but then he will just as readily argue with you about your take on Topic Z. Some people tend to align themselves with others and adopt the other person's stance on almost everything, and I haven't noticed rey doing that. He's not agenda-driven, IMO.

Me thinks you are projecting things onto rey that describe you instead.

Rey drifts in and out of conversations and actually seems to rarely have "a dog" in any fight on here. One of the more objective guys on this board, tbh.

Carry on, though.
You know....

Half the time I am posting from tapatalk on my phone and the names I'm responding to don't even register...Of course I can tell some posters just by their typing style and what the yare saying, but I don't have any agenda's besides pointing out what I think is good info and what is not...

I am surprised that 76 says I have an agenda...I thnk I've agreed with and disagreed with almost everyone here...

And I've actually been around a lot longer than you think GP...I remember when you were GPShaefer (sp)...I remember when the old official board became the new "official" board and this site was still being pieced together...

I've actually been around since 2003 when I was a young lad of 17...

:lurker:

Lots of folks also think I have some kind of agenda against Schaub, but I was one of the first ones to go out to a practice and watch him and post that I thought he was going to be a really good player for us...

But yeah...I don't have an agenda against anyone...Just post my opinion...
Old 12-07-2011   #264
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
For a guy who likes to present logic, you sure know how to use all kind of false logic in the book, LOL!

Ad hominem, circular, just name it!

Stay on the topic, GP.

Who's the starter?
Jackson!

Did you predic that Allen would get the starting nod?
If you did, you can wait some more!

Those are facts, and not trash talk!
More "Nanny-Nanny-Boo-Boo!" trash talk.

On full display.

I won't do any trash talking. I'll let you do it all, as you're continuing to do here.

Keep showing us exactly who has an agenda, 76. You're doin' work and work is good.
Old 12-07-2011   #265
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You know....

Half the time I am posting from tapatalk on my phone and the names I'm responding to don't even register...Of course I can tell some posters just by their typing style and what the yare saying, but I don't have any agenda's besides pointing out what I think is good info and what is not...

I am surprised that 76 says I have an agenda...I thnk I've agreed with and disagreed with almost everyone here...

And I've actually been around a lot longer than you think GP...I remember when you were GPShaefer (sp)...I remember when the old official board became the new "official" board and this site was still being pieced together...

Lots of folks also think I have some kind of agenda against Schaub, but I was one of the first ones to go out to a practice and watch him and post that I thought he was going to be a really good player for us...

Yes, I switched it to just plain old GP when Kevin acquired the software that the "official" houstontexans.com message board had been operating with. We had to start over, post counts and rep points and such...so I figured I would just start fresh and shorten my name.

I had been over on the other board, and Kevin visited that board and invited people to come try out his new board (this one). I went, and I never went back to the texans.com board again.

You've got a good memory!
Old 12-07-2011   #266
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK. Tried to read through this schlock but couldn't manage it. But a couple comments.

Quote:
Kj had a part in that, but it was still a drop at the end if the day.
Not according to outsiders having no affiliation with either team who credited KJ with a pass defensed and did not assign a drop to JJ.

I saw you have taken a middle line in this thread but that was an overstatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
For the record , I trust Lance Zierlien opinions over 76Texans and the game ball combined...
Yeah, the same LZ who recently said OLmen assignments aren't affected by who is rushing the passer because it is just mano o mano. Good call. It's that great football acumen which has him employed in the NFL right? - even though he should have fantastic contacts through his father?
Old 12-07-2011   #267
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Yeah, the same LZ who recently said OLmen assignments aren't affected by who is rushing the passer because it is just mano o mano. Good call. It's that great football acumen which has him employed in the NFL right? - even though he should have fantastic contacts through his father?
Did you read that correctly? Not trying to be smart, just asking the question. He said he'll take LZ's opinion (not his fathers) over 76Texans' & the game ball (which was awarded by Kubiak) combined.

That's bold, that's all I'm saying. LZ is knowledgeable, but I don't think he trumps Kubiak.
Old 12-07-2011   #268
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you read that correctly? Not trying to be smart, just asking the question. He said he'll take LZ's opinion (not his fathers) over 76Texans' & the game ball (which was awarded by Kubiak) combined.

That's bold, that's all I'm saying. LZ is knowledgeable, but I don't think he trumps Kubiak.
I guess I should have put in a /sarcasm.
Old 12-07-2011   #269
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I guess I should have put in a /sarcasm.
Or maybe I can read up on the subtlety of punctuation & context.

My bad.
Old 12-08-2011   #270
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know....

Agenda/Opinion

It's hard to differentiate between the two terms at times.

What I remember is that you (Rey) didn't think KJ will pan out as a #2.

Before the season began, you was putting the money on Allen to win out the starting spot over KJ (even though you didn't think either one of them is good enough for the job.)

Here are some of your quotes.

After the Ravens game:

(in respond to my post noting that on that particular play, the Texans were double-teaming Boldin with JJo and a safety while KJ was in man coverage)

"Boldin is their best wr. It makes more sense to double whoever Kareem is holding though."

"Kareem has not been a good player. "

Then, in late October:

(in respond to one of my posts):

"your kj stuff is getting a little creepy. How it's not obvious to you that he (KJ) is a liability is kind of strange.

"We need a real #2 corner and this defense will be exponentially better..."

Those were your bottom lines (at least until that moment).

I'm not sure you still think the same, or you have moved your agenda a little closer toward accepting that KJ seems to be working out as a #2 CB.

Care to give your current opinion?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #271
Rey
Hall of Fame

Delete.
Old 12-08-2011   #272
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Agenda/Opinion

It's hard to differentiate between the two terms at times.

What I remember is that you (Rey) didn't think KJ will pan out as a #2.

Before the season began, you was putting the money on Allen to win out the starting spot over KJ (even though you didn't think either one of them is good enough for the job.)
I understood & respected Rey's opinion that Allen would at least get the ball back from time to time, even though he was as much a liability as Kj.

While I do respect Allen's penchant for INTs, I'd much rather have Kj out there where the guy is usually covered better & the ball not thrown his way as often as Allen (that's the way I see it, sorry if you don't agree).

But Rey's opinion & stance was just as valid as mine or yours.

Quote:
Delete.
I understand.
Old 12-12-2011   #273
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

How many touchdowns did we give up yesterday?
Old 12-12-2011   #274
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2648 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dunno, but I'm sure it was Kareem's fault we almost lost.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #275
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think KJ has improved by leaps and bounds from last year. My only concers is that he lacks the foot speed at times. he is tough and is decent when he gets his hands on the ball, but I will worry when he defends a speed receiver. I don't think CB is a glaring need, but if you have a chance to upgrade it, you do. Like all positions.
Old 12-13-2011   #276
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I dunno, but I'm sure it was Kareem's fault we almost lost.
The reason I brought this up, is because for some reason there is usually not a word spoken about Kareem Jackson unless he "potentially" gives up a games tieing score.

Again, Kareem was virtually invisible because (I think) his receiver isn't open. He might not have been covering Megatron, but he's doing his job just the same.

Another reason I brought this up, is because we gave up 1 TD. Jason Allen looked to be playing zone, he passed the receiver off to the safety & imo the safety (Manning) was inexplicably covering the other side of the field. That's just my take. Allen didn't do anything wrong, but if you watch the alignment before the snap, then watch who is around the player when he scores, it makes it look as if Allen screwed up, when (I think) the safety should have been there.
Old 12-13-2011   #277
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I think KJ has improved by leaps and bounds from last year. My only concers is that he lacks the foot speed at times. he is tough and is decent when he gets his hands on the ball, but I will worry when he defends a speed receiver. I don't think CB is a glaring need, but if you have a chance to upgrade it, you do. Like all positions.
On a pure speed receiver, I would rather have Allen or McCain out there. I think Kj has good speed, but not enough experience to use it right (shouldn't be that way, but that's the way I see it). He'll do in a pinch, because he's good at the line with his hands. He should be able to disrupt the timing.

On a receiver who is physical, I'd rather have Kj, although Allen has been using his size more to his advantage lately. But you can tell Allen wants to turn & run every snap... but that's not always the best thing to do.
Old 12-13-2011   #278
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2648 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On a pure speed receiver, I would rather have Allen or McCain out there. I think Kj has good speed, but not enough experience to use it right (shouldn't be that way, but that's the way I see it). He'll do in a pinch, because he's good at the line with his hands. He should be able to disrupt the timing.

On a receiver who is physical, I'd rather have Kj, although Allen has been using his size more to his advantage lately. But you can tell Allen wants to turn & run every snap... but that's not always the best thing to do.
My major gripe with KJ isn't his speed, but rather his awareness of where the ball is at. Many time's he i too focused on the receiver which may account to why he is targeted less because it gives the appearance of being covered.

BUt when something is thrown his way, especially a deep ball, he rarely has his head turned around to track. There were a few times the ball was underthrown in which the wr had to make an adjustment.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #279
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eApYgMlPLVQ

Watch how the defense schemed to give Allen more support.
And we still gave up the TD.

Allen on weakside (2 offensive threats) with 5 defenders.
Manning moved back to the middle to play deep safety.

Texans put on a stunt.
We blitzed all 3 gaps on the weak side.
Almost got there, too!

Allen made a bad read and was turned around.
Whether we were in cover 3 or cover 1, it was still not a good play by Allen (even though the defense schemed to give him more support.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #280
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65137 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eApYgMlPLVQ

Watch how the defense schemed to give Allen more support.
And we still gave up the TD.

Allen on weakside (2 offensive threats) with 5 defenders.
Manning moved back to the middle to play deep safety.

Texans put on a stunt.
We blitzed all 3 gaps on the weak side.
Almost got there, too!

Allen made a bad read and was turned around.
Whether we were in cover 3 or cover 1, it was still not a good play by Allen (even though the defense schemed to give him more support.)
allen 4 ints 14 passes defended

Jackson 1 int 4 passes defended

enough said. I watch the games and they dont give allen any more help than they give Jackson or JoJo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read