Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #1
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 0:08 in 4th

Can someone take me through the final 0:08 v Falcons? FOX broke away here in Austin.

Thanks,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 0:08 in 4th

Two deep shots to the endzone, two incomplete passes. The second of them with :01 left gave me heart failure as it was catchable to the receiver.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Can someone take me through the final 0:08 v Falcons? FOX broke away here in Austin.

Thanks,
Rick
Same here....venting in tailgate section.

I streamed 610 through iTunes real quick.

Basically 2 dropped passes by ATL to end it.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
DownByContact
Homer

Rep Power: 0 DownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respectedDownByContact is a quality contributor and well respected

2 Hail Mary passes, first was over thrown second was in the hands of Jones and dropped it.
DownByContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #5
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Ryan throws to Roddy White corner of the end zone, it is to high, JoJo had pretty descent coverage.

1 second left he throws a deep ball to Julio Joes we are playing prevent defense and the ball hit julio jones right in his hands, but he drops it, Kjac was covering.

0 seconds left and we win the game
Old 12-04-2011   #6
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

First attempt, Ryan went deep to the far right corner of the endzone, it was slightly overthrown and may have been catchable for White had it been throw with a little less umph because he was in between Joseph and the ball. Regardless, good coverage by JJ.

Second and final attempt was to the opposite corner, this time to Jones. It hit Julio right in the chest and was very catchable, Kareem was the corner who messed up on that one.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #7
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Same here....venting in tailgate section.

I streamed 610 through iTunes real quick.

Basically 2 dropped passes by ATL to end it.
Yeah... two straight Hail Marys. The first one was a bit over thrown (with the way the refs were "seeing" today, I was surprised PI wasn't called).

The last one, with 1 sec left, hit Julio Jones in the hands but he couldn't hang on. (WHEW!!!)

game over.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was so ticked off when they changed games on me here.

But I'll take the W!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post

Thanks,
Rick
Matt Ryan throws a pass to the back corner of the end zone. A Falcons WR posts up and leaps for it...but it's behind him. Jonathan Joseph on the coverage. Joseph was behind the WR, and was blocked out by the WR. Had Ryan got the ball down a bit, or had the WR gone further into the corner of the end zone and posted up THEN...I think it's a TD for the Falcons.

Clock stops at :01. One last play.

Ryan throws it to the completely other side of the field, again to the corner of the end zone, and this time it's Julio Jones. Kareem Jackson had turned around, but hell he was practically WATCHING the ball come down like the rest of the stadium was (except THEY are in the crowd and cans only watch, not play like KJ is). The ball hits Julio Jones right in both of his hands and it bounces off as he starts coming back down to the ground. KJ flails away but my goodness it would have been too late.

Game over.

IMO, and I don't want any of you guys out there hating on me for this...the Falcons had two back-to-back chances to win the game if White and Ryan had connected on the next to last play. And Julio Jones dropped a TD on the last play. He just dropped it, plain and simple.

A nail biter that I thought was going to be over after Ryan/White failed to hook up on the next to last play.
Old 12-04-2011   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

corporate freaking morons.. all they know is how to pull a switch and have no idea .. this was my "Heidi" game
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We were really lucky this game. Obviously not on the injury front, but falcons WRs were dropping balls left and right.

That said, I'm happy with the team and their effort. My blood pressure is sky high, but I'll take it
Old 12-04-2011   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

everyone is blowing up FOX austin facebook....join in haha

https://www.facebook.com/myfoxaustin

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL, I don't even live there but I threw in some good jabs on that thread:

Quote:
Live a little, myFOXaustin....for one time, just stand up for YOUR viewers and go against the grain for a change. 8 seconds means two plays, and NO timeouts. You guys think you would have lost your affiliate had you stayed the extra 2 minutes it took to show the end of the game? Rules, rules, rules, huh? Screw the working man who wanted to see the end of the game. No, be VERY afraid of some geek up at Fox Headquarters.
Old 12-04-2011   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Damn, they are getting ruthless.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Damn, they are getting ruthless.
Did you see mine? LOL, it's fun to just to throw a Molotov Cocktail like that...chuck and duck, then run off. LOL.
Old 12-04-2011   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Did you see mine? LOL, it's fun to just to throw a Molotov Cocktail like that...chuck and duck, then run off. LOL.
Good stuff!

I like this one too:

Quote:
So, a team that is 3 1/2 hours away instead of a winning team that is 2 1/2 hours away is considered the home team market?? That is the whole problem with Austin! Fox TV Austin will not be my channel to watch from now along with many Texan fans! BOYCOTT FOX-TV AUSTIN!! In two weeks I will be watching the Texans game at Third Base - Southpark Meadows for any Texans fans interested in joining me rooting for the Winning Team in Texas, the Texans!!! NO MORE FOX AUSTIN..........BOYCOTT THE PATHETIC COWGIRLS LOVERS!!!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #17
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

What a bunch of morons, thats why i hate it when FOX shows games, thanks god next week is on CBS. Atleast they have a little sense. Oh Well i have NFL sunday ticket to safe guard me from morons like FOX and just switched it over to there. Still FOX get a damn clue.

thats what i wrote. San Antonios FOX did the same crap, but i did see the last 8 seconds.
Old 12-04-2011   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

hell NFL ticket counts on this..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #19
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201112...enu=highlights

near the end
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #20
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

[IMG][/IMG]
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read