Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Today's Win Special Milestone for Gary Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Kubiak had his 3rd string qb ready. He threw the red flag at the right time and held it when he should of held it. His gamble in the forth quarter paid of with a td instead of 3 points, which kept us from going into ot. All things we sometime ***** at Kubiak for doing wrong some weeks he did right this week. This win more than any other since he has been here was his.
Yeah that first challenge was an obvious forward pass ..... the refs called the play an "Interception" ..... how the hell do you intercept a pass that hits the turf ?

That 4th and 1 call with a rookie QB at the helm running the ball down the throat of the leagues second best rush defense was gutsy.

Having Yates NFL game ready ..... was a triumph in itself. Gotta give credit to Kubiak , Dennison and Greg Knapp for a job well done. They devised a gameplan that was just aggressive enough to get the job done while not putting Yates in position to make mistakes.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah that first challenge was an obvious forward pass ..... the refs called the play an "Interception" ..... how the hell do you intercept a pass that hits the turf ?
I believe they called it a fumble because there was no whistle.
And the game stats "credited" Rowdy with a fumble. No INTs are in his stats.

To the DB's credit, he was the only one alert enough to notice that the whistle had not been blown. Even his own teammates had stopped playing. And all of our guys thought the play was over when the ball hit the turf.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Garys never been over .500, does this thread jinx him and he once again falls below .500?

LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my question for the refs:

If his arm wasn't moving forward, why did the ball fly ten yards forward in the direction he wanted to throw it? Don't call it a frickin' fumble just because you're too stupid to blow a whistle.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #25
Tango
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post

If his arm wasn't moving forward, why did the ball fly ten yards forward in the direction he wanted to throw it? Don't call it a frickin' fumble just because you're too stupid to blow a whistle.
Amen brother!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've stopped even trying to get my head around that call.

I've just accepted that it's one of the things in this life that I'm totally incapable of understanding.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The playcalling was outstanding.

Didn't try to get too cute but got cute enough to keep atl on their toes.

The design of some of the plays we run is master mind stuff.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2011   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've stopped even trying to get my head around that call.

I've just accepted that it's one of the things in this life that I'm totally incapable of understanding.
The part that really bakes your noodle is that one of the refs actually called it incomplete. They huddled up and got it wrong. Collective stupidity in action.
Old 12-05-2011   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

The design of some of the plays we run is master mind stuff.
This is why I usually defend Kubiak. Another reason can be seen in this game where he went for it on 4th down.

Old 12-05-2011   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

That 4th and 1 call with a rookie QB at the helm running the ball down the throat of the leagues second best rush defense was gutsy.
To call a run play right there, that's telling that OL & RBs (who had worked their asses off to that point), "I need you."

& they answered the bell.

That, I think, is the most uncharacteristic thing about this team that I have seen. Kubiak has asked them to step up again & again over the last two years & this season, they are answering that call time & time again.
Old 12-05-2011   #31
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
To call a run play right there, that's telling that OL & RBs (who had worked their asses off to that point), "I need you."

& they answered the bell.

That, I think, is the most uncharacteristic thing about this team that I have seen. Kubiak has asked them to step up again & again over the last two years & this season, they are answering that call time & time again.
Yeah , he's put them in position to win many many times over the prior two seasons and they have failed .... The difference this season is they are getting it done and the W's are piling up as a result.

Old 12-05-2011   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I believe they called it a fumble because there was no whistle.
And the game stats "credited" Rowdy with a fumble. No INTs are in his stats.

To the DB's credit, he was the only one alert enough to notice that the whistle had not been blown. Even his own teammates had stopped playing. And all of our guys thought the play was over when the ball hit the turf.
I know it was a fumble on the stat sheet .... but the ref on the field after the review said "The play stands as called on the field , an interception" .... Calling it an interception overlooks the fact that the ball hit the ground .... That he termed it as such is the only way I can see them not overturning that call as Yates arm was clearly going forward.

They really screwed the pooch on that call. Just glad that it didnt cost the Texans a W.

Old 12-05-2011   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know it was a fumble on the stat sheet .... but the ref on the field after the review said "The play stands as called on the field , an interception" .... Calling it an interception overlooks the fact that the ball hit the ground .... That he termed it as such is the only way I can see them not overturning that call as Yates arm was clearly going forward.

They really screwed the pooch on that call. Just glad that it didnt cost the Texans a W.
Ridiculous.

Old 12-05-2011   #34
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

The funny part about this to me, is not only did Kubiak call a great game, but Smith, who is usually far more conservative (excluding the 4th down in OT vs the Saints) called the trick play with the Flea Flicker and it cost his team
Old 12-05-2011   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
The funny part about this to me, is not only did Kubiak call a great game, but Smith, who is usually far more conservative (excluding the 4th down in OT vs the Saints) called the trick play with the Flea Flicker and it cost his team
I think that was a good call. All but one guy on our team bit.
Old 12-05-2011   #36
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30558 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Matt Ryan should have never thrown the ball to begin with. No one was expecting that pass, not even the intended receiver. The only one who saw that was Kareem (or Allen, don't remember which one).
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #37
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And that one guy was the last guy the majority of fans would have expected to .... make a play.

But hey , he sucked yesterday ...... right ?!

Old 12-05-2011   #38
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes me very sad that Gary never looked outside of his comfort zone before in finding a DC. Frank Bush being hired while never interviewing a SINGLE ****ING SOUL still bugs me. We could have been close to this a few years Ago. Oh well, go Texans!
Old 12-05-2011   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Makes me very sad that Gary never looked outside of his comfort zone before in finding a DC. Frank Bush being hired while never interviewing a SINGLE ****ING SOUL still bugs me. We could have been close to this a few years Ago. Oh well, go Texans!
I agree with your sentiment, however, Wade is known for very quick defensive turn arounds. Kubiak screwing around and not hiring good defensive coordinators made hiring Wade a must. We all knew Wade would improve the defense, but we couldn't have predicted by how much. The Texans are the best one year turn around job Wade has ever done. Going from last to first in one year is just crazy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
You know I had to jack with ya on this.
Touche'

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read