Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-05-2011   #41
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fuq fox austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it still seems like BS.....

We debunked the whole "market" argument and it was NOT 3:15....it was 3:10 (actually could have sworn it was 3:09 but I digress).

So WTF did they do this?

Answer: They either didn't think there were enough Texans fans to say anything or make enough ruckus and/or they just straight don't give a F and did it maliciously.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #42
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox is defending its actions saying that the 'girls bring higher ratings than the Texans (for now). It still doesn't explain how a multi-billion dollar company with millions invested in technology to the point where they can take a POV of a play and spin it around on an axis to show a different view where there isn't a camera and yet they can't seem to get their act together to show hold off switching feeds till a game is decided.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #43
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Couldn't help taking another shot at FOX on their Facebook lol...

"Hey Cowboys fans......you didn't see this thanks to FOX...but Houston WON against a serious playoff team with a 3rd string QB 5th round rookie from UNC. 9-3 record with 6 wins in a row and counting. What did the team from South Oklahoma do....soil there pants against a hapless Arizona team by icing their own kicker....yeah...Go Cowboys hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-06-2011   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

My beef is really on the station. To my surprise, and granted I haven't read all on that page or others, is the Cowboys fans are actually being somewhat supportive on this matter. As I said though, I haven't read so much I can have a valid opinion on the subject.

I decided to continue to harass, though. As one poster said, as bad as the discretion was, folk get really upset when being lied to about it.

Htown, that friend request from John is me, fyi.
Old 12-06-2011   #45
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
My beef is really on the station. To my surprise, and granted I haven't read all on that page or others, is the Cowboys fans are actually being somewhat supportive on this matter. As I said though, I haven't read so much I can have a valid opinion on the subject.

I decided to continue to harass, though. As one poster said, as bad as the discretion was, folk get really upset when being lied to about it.

Htown, that friend request from John is me, fyi.
Cool man, got you on there. And I agree, there has been some Cowboy fan support (but even more of them using it to poke at Texans fans which is the normal Cowboys MO so not out of the unusual).

I realized last night though that the argument about ratings is false IMO. YOu get ratings AFTER a program is shown. Here in Austin (and I assume San Antonio as well) FOX had the double header.......so ANY football was on FOX after 3:15pm....people did not have a choice to watch something else so they therefore had a captive audience = higher ratings.

IMO, the Texans game also had PITT - CIN on CBS to compete with thereby "Ross Perot-ing" ratings away from the Texans game. Cowboys on FOX had NO competition so ANY football fans of ANY team were watching it.

I would love to see this brought up to that schmuck FOX Sports CEO guy in the PFT.com article.

Edit Seems like FOX is now just deleting posts by anyone no matter what they say about the Texans game Sunday. I saw a few on there this morning and they are all gone now no matter what they said (whether they were attacking the station or not... and my last post there which I posted here too is gone as well....ah good old Soviet Union tactics.....shut everyone up...SILENCE!).

Gave em one final shot...which I'm sure is about to be deleted....."So now.....any mention of Sunday from here on out is being deleted....nice. Gotta love the old Soviet Union tactics aye comrad?"

Dormant bodies bursting!

Last edited by HTown2ATX; 12-06-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-06-2011   #46
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Mike Meltser on 610 is about to discuss this subject in about 5 minutes after the break....FYI

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-06-2011   #47
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Mike Meltser on 610 is about to discuss this subject in about 5 minutes after the break....FYI
Dude seems pretty broken up about it. *sarcasm*

I guess since we are out-of-town fans it doesn't seem too big a deal in Houston. *actually no sacasm there*
Old 12-06-2011   #48
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Dude seems pretty broken up about it. *sarcasm*

I guess since we are out-of-town fans it doesn't seem too big a deal in Houston. *actually no sacasm there*
Yeah, was pretty much the same song and dance. He explained that I guess commercials go along with the kickoff so that is why the borke before 3:15 which if true explains that (still BS IMO but at least that was addressed).

What was not touched though was how FOX could designate that as a "mandatory" kick off when the location of Austin to Dallas does not fit that rule. I.E....sounds like FOX just did WTF it wanted without a care in the world.

I am still not able to believe what happened.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-06-2011   #49
Stemp
Brew Master

Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

The stations designated THEMSELVES as mandatory kickoff markets.
They basically said "Treat our feed the same as the DFW feeds".

As the Cowboys continue to slide and Houston continues to rise, you'll see a switch.
If the Texans make a big playoff run and they become more nationally known and relevant, you'll see more casual fans outside Dallas start to switch.
Old 12-06-2011   #50
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The stations designated THEMSELVES as mandatory kickoff markets. They basically said "Treat our feed the same as the DFW feeds".

As the Cowboys continue to slide and Houston continues to rise, you'll see a switch.
If the Texans make a big playoff run and they become more nationally known and relevant, you'll see more casual fans outside Dallas start to switch.
This is my problem as it stands now.

HOW can they be able to designate themselves if they do not fall in the 75 mile radius?

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-06-2011   #51
Stemp
Brew Master

Quote:
This is my problem as it stands now.

HOW can they be able to designate themselves if they do not fall in the 75 mile radius?
Because it's their station and they can choose the programming.
Same as when the Austin station chose to pretend they were a TN market thanks to VY. Stations outside the secondary markets can choose to be treated anyway they want. The stations in Fresno used to opt to be treated as the Houston markets back in 2002 and 2003 after we drafted HWWNBN.

What they were originally trying to say was the the NFL forced them to make the switch, which isn't exactly true. They CHOSE to be treated as the Dallas market and thus the switch was made when it was time . The NFL didn't force anything except for the Dallas primary and secondary markets to make the switch, the other stations just went along for the ride.
Old 12-06-2011   #52
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Ok, I think I see what you are saying.

Basically as Austin and San Antonio, etc are outside of any NFL primary or secondary markets, they can sign up week to week to be treated as a primary or secondary market by choice.

If this is the case then it starts to make a little sense just from how the system works. I still stand by this whole thing being massive bullshit though as there should be some exception to the rule (or banishment of the rule altogether) or at least a little friggin common sense when this type of situation presents itself.

The FOX affiliates made this much, much worse than it already was by lieing and hiding behind the NFL which was not applicable.

Also, the guy from PFT.com that was spouting ratings was false in his arguments too which I dismantled in an earlier post.

Quote:
I realized last night though that the argument about ratings is false IMO. YOu get ratings AFTER a program is shown. Here in Austin (and I assume San Antonio as well) FOX had the double header.......so ANY football was on FOX after 3:15pm....people did not have a choice to watch something else so they therefore had a captive audience = higher ratings.

IMO, the Texans game also had PITT - CIN on CBS to compete with thereby "Ross Perot-ing" ratings away from the Texans game. Cowboys on FOX had NO competition so ANY football fans of ANY team were watching it.

I would love to see this brought up to that schmuck FOX Sports CEO guy in the PFT.com article.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-06-2011   #53
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL @ how people are still responding about the Texans game within the other stories, for example ..

Story: Central Texas Reportedly saw some snow last night.

Javier Castelan: We probably would have gotten snow if myFOXaustin wouldn't have changed the game in the last 8 seconds.

Story: Roman Guadarrama Arroyo killed a 13 year old boy Luis J. Lopez Flores if you see him please contact the Austin police. Help the police and the family make him pay for his crime and bring him to justice. Thank you !

Arash Abtahi: probably pissed off that the station cut to the Cowboys game.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #54
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
LOL @ how people are still responding about the Texans game within the other stories, for example ..

Story: Central Texas Reportedly saw some snow last night.

Javier Castelan: We probably would have gotten snow if myFOXaustin wouldn't have changed the game in the last 8 seconds.

Story: Roman Guadarrama Arroyo killed a 13 year old boy Luis J. Lopez Flores if you see him please contact the Austin police. Help the police and the family make him pay for his crime and bring him to justice. Thank you !

Arash Abtahi: probably pissed off that the station cut to the Cowboys game.
HAHA...I have been enjoying that too....I responded in a story about a new planet yesterday haha...

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-09-2011   #55
conundrum
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 conundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respected

according to Houston Texans facebook, they are coming to Austin and will be at Lavaca Street bar for the game on Sunday 12-3.
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #56
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
according to Houston Texans facebook, they are coming to Austin and will be at Lavaca Street bar for the game on Sunday 12-3.
Who?

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-09-2011   #57
conundrum
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 conundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who?
Well when the Saints played the Texans, Cheerleaders and some former players came down to Austin and signed autographs and gave out free shwag at Hooters downtown.

I am guessing it is the same situation but they will be at Lavaca St bar.
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011   #58
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
Well when the Saints played the Texans, Cheerleaders and some former players came down to Austin and signed autographs and gave out free shwag at Hooters downtown.

I am guessing it is the same situation but they will be at Lavaca St bar.
Will be there plus my friend John from last time at CI....

Dormant bodies bursting!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read