Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-04-2011   #21
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fuq fox austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some thing in Bryan. There was 16 seconds to go and the Fox station switched to at least 2 minuets of commercials.
Old 12-04-2011   #22
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

hey, crash the station's servers, not this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #23
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Legitimate ***** if you live here, brakos. If you don't like it..........
Old 12-04-2011   #24
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I'm tryin

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #25
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Just threw one last quick jab on em since the Cowtricks lost.....

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.............cowboys and their austin flagship station's pee-pees hurtin big time now lol...hurts grabbin the old ankles don't it hahahahaha."

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 12-04-2011   #26
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

I'm enjoying this too much...I promised myself this is the last one.....

"Total Cowtrick fan silence......ahh...a Beautiful thing to be sure!!! Texans WON with a 3rd string rookie QB out of UNC 3rd stringer to beat a legit playoff contender while the Cowtricks LOST to a hapless Arizona team hahahahahaha. What's that you say? Go Cowboys?? Yeah, GO Cowboys, further and further down the toilet with Jerra and Romo LMAO!!"

Old 12-04-2011   #27
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
haha....i am going off on them.....they keep dancing around the issue....

FOX:

Sorry but the NFL decides home and secondary markets, and Austin is considered a secondary market for the Cowboys. NFL rules say when the Cowboys (considered our home team) are on the road for the second game of a double header, we must make the mandatory switch for the start of that game. Here is the rule: If the local team is scheduled for the late game of a doubleheader, it has importance over any early game. If 4:15 p.m. arrives, and the early game is ongoing, the primary affiliate (all games) and secondary affiliates (road games) are required to cut off the early game and switch to the start of the local team's game.

Me:

BUT YOU ***DID NOT*** leave at 3:15 local....it was minutes before to show commercials. Is THAT in the contract or will we keep dancing around that. If it WAS 3:15 I would understand, but it was not, you left EARLY.../end
they are erasing most of our posts, mine and a bunch others are gone haha
Old 12-04-2011   #28
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

FWIW.....I just friended and messaged John Lopez at 610 on Facebook and sent him a message about this and asked if he could bring it up tomorrow at some point after 7am (when I get to work and start streaming ).

I asked if there could be any possible repercussions from the NFL as they pulled early and what, if anything McNair would think about this as far as "building the brand" outside of Houston.

So, if I hear anything, I'll post.

Old 12-04-2011   #29
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lupe Rodriguez
I'm a cowboy fan. But cutting that game short was ridiculous. I hope that the next time FOX employees are having sex. They are forced to pull out 8 seconds before climax!!!

https://www.facebook.com/myfoxaustin
Old 12-04-2011   #30
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Antonio station is claiming the NFL forced them to do it on their page, too. They also referred to the link I provided in another thread about the definition of "secondary market" and claimed that they were *required* by the NFL to pull away at 3:10.

But as the rest of that goes, since neither San Antonio nor Austin are secondary markets for the Cowboys -- they do not have any locations in their viewing areas within 75 miles of the stadium -- the only way they were "forced" to pull away at 3:10 would be because they had already made the decision to piss on Texans fans if the game ran long, regardless of how competitive, by opting to switch to the Cowboys feed at that time.

Both of them are blaming the NFL rules and acting like they had no choice in the matter. But the NFL only forced them because they already made the decision to cut over when they weren't forced to do that.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #31
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

I just got to work and pulled up the FOX Austion facebook and they are still getting flamed and apparently the Texas AG posted about it lol.....

‎"What happened in Austin? They cut the Texans game with 6 seconds to go. Unbelievable broadcasting." Quote, Texas Attorney General. http://twitter.com/#!/GregAbbott_TX/...37722823036929

Old 12-05-2011   #32
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I was floored too, but luckily I have the NFL Sunday Ticket and I was able to switch to the channel there and see it.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #33
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

FOX Austin finally feeling the heat.....they are still getting bombarded....

(from their facebook);
myFOXaustin
We are sorry for the inconvenience with the games yesterday. We will be posting a statement in regards to what happened shortly. We know a lot of you are upset, and again, we apologize for all of the confusion.

https://www.facebook.com/myfoxaustin

----------------

I posted on their site the email that Wolf got from an affiliate that essentially exposes their BS about "it was on the NFL" so we'll see what they say. Feel free to keep barraging them even if you don't live here.....

For those that think me and other Austinites are obsessing on this, keep in mind for a solid year or 2 we barely got to see games ON CBS thanks to VY being with the Titans so Tenessee was essentially the home games so Horn jock swingers could keep reliving the glory days and Houston fans in Austin were forced to go to sports bars every weekend as if we lived in a whole different part of the country. So this is a sensitive issue where we feel we get screwed as Texans fans a lot here in Austin.

Keep in mind we are IN Austin, closer to Houston than Dallas and especially Tenessee, so this is complete bull ****.

Old 12-05-2011   #34
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

They continue to blame the NFL for everything:

Quote:
KTBC is considered a home market for the Dallas Cowboys and is subject to the NFL mandatory kickoff rules. NFL rules dictate that we must begin coverage of the Cowboys game at the scheduled kickoff time. FOX Sports is responsible for the timing of the mandatory kickoff transition. It is not under the control of the local affiliate. We apologize for not being able to provide the Austin viewers with the conclusion of the Houston Texans game.
This is BS -- they continue to deny *any* responsibility for what happened. "Home market" means nothing. "Secondary market" is what matters. There is no part of the Austin DMA which is within 75 miles of Cowboys Stadium. Therefore, Austin is NOT a secondary market for the Cowboys, and the decision to opt for mandatory pullout was ENTIRELY with the station, not forced by the NFL.

They are making this a bigger deal with their half-truths and continuing to pretend that it's all the NFL's fault, that they never had any choice along the way.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
They continue to blame the NFL for everything:

This is BS -- they continue to deny *any* responsibility for what happened. "Home market" means nothing. "Secondary market" is what matters. There is no part of the Austin DMA which is within 75 miles of Cowboys Stadium. Therefore, Austin is NOT a secondary market for the Cowboys, and the decision to opt for mandatory pullout was ENTIRELY with the station, not forced by the NFL.

They are making this a bigger deal with their half-truths and continuing to pretend that it's all the NFL's fault, that they never had any choice along the way.
Yep. I posted something similiar on their FB page.

Here's something they said in one of the comments to the statement yesterday:

Quote:
"KTBC is considered a home market for the Dallas Cowboys," not Austin. The statement did not imply or directly state that. Again, our sincerest apologies. We understand your outrage and will work to ensure that this situation doesn't occur again in the future.
???

to which I responded:

Quote:
So....WHAT CITY DO YOU BROADCAST IN??? Where is your viewership located??? "considered a home market for the Dallas Cowboys, not Austin". WTH does that even mean?
Old 12-05-2011   #36
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Some loudmouth cowboy fan over there just got dealt with!
Old 12-05-2011   #37
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

LMAO....they are STILL getting hammered and now this seems to be their only response.....

"To contact the FOX network directly call (310) 369-9111 or email askfox@fox.com"

How lame....clearly being beaten to a pulp and still clinging to their BS excuse that holds no water.

Old 12-05-2011   #38
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's your answer:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/05/fox-defends-decision-to-turn-off-texans-in-austin-san-antonio/

National Fox decision.
Old 12-05-2011   #39
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Still complete BS.

Honestly, let's say the tables were turned. What if the Cowboys game was the early game and they cut away right before Jason Garrett iced his own kicker to show the pregame show of the Texans game.

As a Texans and football fan I would be pissed also. I could deal missing the kick off of my favorite team to watch the last seconds of a game that I just spent 3 hours watching.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #40
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

What's next? You're favorite player on your favorite team puts up a 3 to win it at the buzzer to get into the big dance and the network cut's away for a pre-game commercial. And their defense is, oh well. WTH?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read