Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-04-2011   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Hate San Antonio Fox Station

Left the Texans game, with 8 seconds left to show commercials and a pre-game for the Cowboys game..

Sucks living here at times.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #2
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hate San Antonio Fox Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Left the Texans game, with 8 seconds left to show commercials and a pre-game for the Cowboys game..

Sucks living here at times.
Same effin' thing here in Austin. Wow.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #3
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

both tv and radio went off...im pissed at radio station mostly cause they are the supposed home of the Texans.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
both tv and radio went off...im pissed at radio station mostly cause they are the supposed home of the Texans.
And they can't pull the "NFL Rules" card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Blow up fax facebook (this is the Austin one, but still...)

https://www.facebook.com/myfoxaustin

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's San Antonio's Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/foxsanantonio

Feel free to visit it.

I am also jihading a bit on my Twitter: @StephStradley.
Old 12-05-2011   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Feel free to visit it.

Nice...make sure to hit the Austin facebook too!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2011   #8
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:

Feel free to visit it.

Saw your hit on the Austin Fox Facebook.....kudos!!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-05-2011   #9
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Feel free to visit it.

Yeah, I'm piling on there too and on the Austin affiliate as well.

These affiliates are making it a lot worse by not simply admitting they made a business decision to cut to the Cowboys at 3:10 -- a decision that has to be made ahead of time and can't be changed during the game -- and that it turned out to be a bad decision.

Once they made that decision, NFL rules *do* require switching over at 3:10 -- but these affiliates are acting like they never had the choice to opt into the "mandatory pullout".
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #10
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

We got pulled in Jerry's world, but at least I caught the end on the RedZone.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #11
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:

Feel free to visit it.

Hey, any chance you can make this visible to Bob McNair? Not sure if that is possible. I am curious to hear his reaction....I would think he would want to "build the brand" outside of Houston. IMO he should publicly say something.

Also, is there any chance these stations violated any NFL rules and can be fined?

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-05-2011   #12
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Also, is there any chance these stations violated any NFL rules and can be fined?
I don't think so, since neither Austin nor San Antonio are "secondary" markets of either Houston or Dallas according to the NFL's definition (neither have any of their viewing audience within 75 miles of the home stadium). Thus they were free to elect the "mandatory pullout" ahead of time, to be treated as if they were a secondary market. But the NFL didn't force that -- they chose it, as they always have in doubleheaders when the Cowboys are the late game.

So these affiliates, as far as I can tell, are responsible for the switchover because they requested it ahead of time.

But the NFL's rule about "mandatory" pullout is also stupid. It doesn't give the network or the affiliates the ability to change their minds if the game situations make that the right decision for viewers. As it is? If you do NOT elect mandatory pullout, you risk a game which is 45-7 halfway into the 4th quarter at 3:10 and you're forced to watch it to conclusion when the late game is kicking off. If you DO elect it, you run the risk of what happened yesterday.

It's really stupid that the NFL apparently doesn't let the affiliates say, "you know what? We opted to pull out at 3:10, but there's no way we're leaving this game prematurely. We now elect to stay with it to the end." And they can't say "Yeah, we elected to stay with this game to the end, but it's a blowout and the late games are about to kick off. We're switching over now."

Still, while there are some dumb NFL rules that contributed to this fiasco, ultimately the affiliates which are not secondary markets for Dallas CHOSE the pullout ahead of time, so they do bear some responsibility. And to me, at this point, their refusal to accept that responsibility is a worse offense than what happened at 3:10 yesterday.
Old 12-05-2011   #13
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I don't think so, since neither Austin nor San Antonio are "secondary" markets of either Houston or Dallas according to the NFL's definition (neither have any of their viewing audience within 75 miles of the home stadium). Thus they were free to elect the "mandatory pullout" ahead of time, to be treated as if they were a secondary market. But the NFL didn't force that -- they chose it, as they always have in doubleheaders when the Cowboys are the late game.

So these affiliates, as far as I can tell, are responsible for the switchover because they requested it ahead of time.

But the NFL's rule about "mandatory" pullout is also stupid. It doesn't give the network or the affiliates the ability to change their minds if the game situations make that the right decision for viewers. As it is? If you do NOT elect mandatory pullout, you risk a game which is 45-7 halfway into the 4th quarter at 3:10 and you're forced to watch it to conclusion when the late game is kicking off. If you DO elect it, you run the risk of what happened yesterday.

It's really stupid that the NFL apparently doesn't let the affiliates say, "you know what? We opted to pull out at 3:10, but there's no way we're leaving this game prematurely. We now elect to stay with it to the end." And they can't say "Yeah, we elected to stay with this game to the end, but it's a blowout and the late games are about to kick off. We're switching over now."

Still, while there are some dumb NFL rules that contributed to this fiasco, ultimately the affiliates which are not secondary markets for Dallas CHOSE the pullout ahead of time, so they do bear some responsibility. And to me, at this point, their refusal to accept that responsibility is a worse offense than what happened at 3:10 yesterday.
^^THIS (well, IDK if I can say *worse* offense....but it is bad....)

They are making this shit storm sooooooooooooo much worse by playing innocent onlooker.... I am still just so dumbfounded that this actually happened. I literally cannot believe what I saw with my own eyes...

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-05-2011   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

LMAO....they are STILL getting hammered and now this seems to be their only response.....

"To contact the FOX network directly call (310) 369-9111 or email askfox@fox.com"

How lame....clearly being beaten to a pulp and still clinging to their BS excuse that holds no water.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-05-2011   #15
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post

It's really stupid that the NFL apparently doesn't let the affiliates say, "you know what? We opted to pull out at 3:10, but there's no way we're leaving this game prematurely. We now elect to stay with it to the end." And they can't say"Yeah, we elected to stay with this game to the end, but it's a blowout and the late games are about to kick off. We're switching over now."

Oh yes they can. When the Texas went 2-14, there were a couple blowout games her in Central Texas that got pulled during the game to go some other AFC game. There was even a week or two where they didn't show the Texans or the Titans when the Texans were playing.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Oh yes they can. When the Texas went 2-14, there were several blowout games her in Central Texas that got pulled during the game to go some other AFC game.
Yeah, that's why I've been hoping the Titans would get blown out while KIRO's busy with Locker and Hasselbeck's jocks.

May be the 1st time I've seen a Steelers game replaced with 2 mediocre teams not named the Seahawks or Raiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #17
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Oh yes they can. When the Texas went 2-14, there were a couple blowout games her in Central Texas that got pulled during the game to go some other AFC game. There was even a weak or two where they didn't show the Texans or the Titans when the Texans were playing.
Hmm. Maybe the pullout is mandatory, but staying with a bad game isn't?
Old 12-05-2011   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the answer. A national Fox decision:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-san-antonio/
Old 12-06-2011   #19
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Here's the answer. A national Fox decision:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-san-antonio/
San Antonio talk radio was talking about it was because the Cowboys are a bigger draw (and they are Cowboy fans), but they said it was still wrong..that they should have stayed the final 8 seconds instead of commerical, and if it went to OT then you break away, in time for the kickoff. Nice to hear some Cowboy fans siding with us on this one.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #20
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Mike Meltser on 610 is about to discuss this subject in a few minutes after the break....FYI

Dormant bodies bursting!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read