Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2011   #21
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Contact KTBC FOX Austin

Now that I know the rule, the thing that frustrates me the most is that FOX switched over to a couple of commercials before going to the Cowboys game. They could have continued showing the Texans game for 1 more minute instead of showing the commericals. That would have been enough time to watch the ending.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #22
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Now that I know the rule, the thing that frustrates me the most is that FOX switched over to a couple of commercials before going to the Cowboys game. They could have continued showing the Texans game for 1 more minute instead of showing the commericals. That would have been enough time to watch the ending.
Even if what KTBC saying is true about the rule, there was no good excuse for blaming the rule IN THIS CASE. Had they waited until 3:15 instead of cutting over at 3:09 or 3:10, they could have shown the entire game -- and their voicemail, e-mail and Facebook feeds don't get crushed with a bunch of angry fans.

When the game is over before 3:15 you can't blame the rule.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #23
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
NFL TV rules.

Get over it.
Brakos, I'm really close to negging you. You are in Washington freaking state and have no ***** about this and yet you feel the need to abmonish those of us near Houston freaking TEXAS who SHOUD see the last 8 seconds of the game. If you were here, deal, since you are not, STFU!!!!

This is the second thread I've seen this from you.
Old 12-04-2011   #24
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Even if what KTBC saying is true about the rule, there was no good excuse for blaming the rule IN THIS CASE. Had they waited until 3:15 instead of cutting over at 3:09 or 3:10, they could have shown the entire game -- and their voicemail, e-mail and Facebook feeds don't get crushed with a bunch of angry fans.

When the game is over before 3:15 you can't blame the rule.
Exactly. There was no need to switch over to the Cowboys.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #25
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Same switch at KYLE in Bryan-College Station. That's the cities that are 1.5 hours from Houston, but 3 hours from Dallas.

I have to wonder, if both games were being carried on the CBS affiliate, would the same thing have happened? Personally, I doubt it...

It might be that the NFL is the one to contact, if this is really an NFL rules issue. About 15 years ago, I had an issue regarding TV coverage, and wrote a letter to the NFL. I was amazed to receive a direct, and personal, response letter from them.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #26
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
It might be that the NFL is the one to contact, if this is really an NFL rules issue. About 15 years ago, I had an issue regarding TV coverage, and wrote a letter to the NFL. I was amazed to receive a direct, and personal, response letter from them.
Don't you miss the good-ol-days when letters came in the mail... not just junk and bills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #27
mirage
Texans Fan!

Rep Power: 0 mirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respected

hahahaha. the ending of the cowgirls game makes what fox did in the name of sacred jerry so much less annoying.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2011   #28
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Contact KTBC FOX Austin

The Texans are aware and ask you complain to your local station to let them know which market they are.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #29
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
The Texans are aware and ask you complain to your local station to let them know which market they are.
I'm reminded of Chico And The Man....No my jyob mayn.

In all seriousness, is that their position??? Wow. Yeah, they care about their Austinites. "You do it. I have all the money with or without you people."
Old 12-05-2011   #30
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got to work and pulled up the FOX Austion facebook and they are still getting flamed and apparently the Texas AG posted about it lol.....

‎"What happened in Austin? They cut the Texans game with 6 seconds to go. Unbelievable broadcasting." Quote, Texas Attorney General. http://twitter.com/#!/GregAbbott_TX/...37722823036929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Brakos, I'm really close to negging you. You are in Washington freaking state and have no ***** about this and yet you feel the need to abmonish those of us near Houston freaking TEXAS who SHOUD see the last 8 seconds of the game. If you were here, deal, since you are not, STFU!!!!

This is the second thread I've seen this from you.
Seriously man....don't know what is up with that.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #31
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

FOX Austin finally feeling the heat.....they are still getting bombarded....

(from their facebook);
myFOXaustin
We are sorry for the inconvenience with the games yesterday. We will be posting a statement in regards to what happened shortly. We know a lot of you are upset, and again, we apologize for all of the confusion.

https://www.facebook.com/myfoxaustin

----------------

I posted on their site the email that Wolf got from an affiliate that essentially exposes their BS about "it was on the NFL" so we'll see what they say. Feel free to keep barraging them even if you don't live here.....

For those that think me and other Austinites are obsessing on this, keep in mind for a solid year or 2 we barely got to see games ON CBS thanks to VY being with the Titans so Tenessee was essentially the home games so Horn jock swingers could keep reliving the glory days and Houston fans in Austin were forced to go to sports bars every weekend as if we lived in a whole different part of the country. So this is a sensitive issue where we feel we get screwed as Texans fans a lot here in Austin.

Keep in mind we are IN Austin, closer to Houston than Dallas and especially Tenessee, so this is complete bull shit.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 12-05-2011   #32
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Explanation - Blame the NFL. They made us do it.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #33
HealingBullets
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
NFL TV rules.

Get over it.
Read the rules and you will understand that none of the people who are complaining are located within the cowpies primary or secondary markets and therefore there is no rule that requires the mandatory showing of their crap games

HealingBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #34
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Their response... *Insert Godzilla facepalm pic here*

Quote:
KTBC is considered a home market for the Dallas Cowboys and is subject to the NFL mandatory kickoff rules. NFL rules dictate that we must begin coverage of the Cowboys game at the scheduled kickoff time. FOX Sports is responsible for the timing of the mandatory kickoff transition. It is not under the control of the local affiliate. We apologize for not being able to provide the Austin viewers with the conclusion of the Houston Texans game.
edit: People's response to that flammed them even more! They seem to kno the rules and called bs
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #35
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Lmao. The only home market for the Cowboys is North Texas. I was posed, but understood why they changed the game up here.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #36
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Their response... *Insert Godzilla facepalm pic here*

edit: People's response to that flammed them even more! They seem to kno the rules and called bs
It is complete and total BS.
Quote:
Most teams also designate secondary markets. In order to be designated as a secondary market, a portion of it must be located within 75 miles of the stadium. Not all teams designate all markets within 75 miles as secondary markets. For instance, the Bengals designate Dayton, Ohio and Lexington, Kentucky as their secondary markets, although not Louisville even though Louisville stations reach within 75 miles of Cincinnati.

Primary and secondary markets are required to air all road games of the team in question, and are not allowed to air blacked out home games (see below).

Just because all (or most) games of a given team air in a given market does not necessarily mean it is a designated secondary market. Again, the ONLY markets that can be designated secondary are those whose stations reach within 75 miles of the stadium. For instance, all stations in Texas air Cowboys games whenever possible, but only those whose signals reach within 75 miles of Cowboys Stadium are officially secondary markets.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #37
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

LMAO....they are STILL getting hammered and now this seems to be their only response.....

"To contact the FOX network directly call (310) 369-9111 or email askfox@fox.com"

How lame....clearly being beaten to a pulp and still clinging to their BS excuse that holds no water.

Old 12-05-2011   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I don't know who any of these people are....
Old 12-05-2011   #39
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #40
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Mike Meltser on 610 is about to discuss this subject in a few minutes after the break....FYI

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read